Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

psn adds,

you can try that,

I bought a new hard drive off ebay, it worked fine for 2 months then gave up, he wouldn't replace it so i spent just over £50 on a new hard drive for nothing :@

It worked fine for two months so why would you expect the seller to replace it? Nothing he's done wrong :blink:

It worked fine for two months so why would you expect the seller to replace it? Nothing he's done wrong :blink:

This is basically what i'm saying with my PS3.

Just sent Sony this.....

To whom it may concern,

Last week I decided to take the plunge and get a PS3. For the last year I have been an Xbox 360 gamer, but decided I would like a change. So I had a look on ebay, spotted an 80gb BRAND NEW UNOPENED PS3 for sale, and decided that was the one I wanted. I was happy with my purchase - I got a good deal. After what seemed like weeks (it was 3 days), the PS3 was finally delivered to me. I got it fired up, installed all relevant updates, put in Metal Gear Solid 4, installed it, and had a go on it. I was stunned. It was brilliant. I gave Little Big Planet a go, which was fantastic. Wow I thought, I've made the right decision. And everyone was happy.

Until Monday evening (precisely 6 days after receiving it). I was playing Resistance: Fall of Man, when all of a sudden, it froze. Damn I thought, that's not good. So I reset the console - I left the disc in, but the PS3 was there was no disc showing on the XMB. So i tried some other games. No games would appear as in the drive. After 10 minutes, I finally got Little Big Planet to work - the Playstation logo appeared, it flicked off and came up with 'error code 80010514'. Again, damn I thought. So I had a look on the internet - turns out this error code means the console is broken. Its the PS3's red ring of death. Oh the sweet irony I thought - I'd had a years gaming on the Xbox 360 without any problems - the apparently 33% failure rate console.

So I thought no problem, Sony will replace it. So I gave your helpline a call (reference no.1338220). I advised the guy on the other end of what had happened and told him the error code - he confirmed that it either meant there was corrupted data on the hard drive or the Blu-Ray drive was broke. He advised me to do a full re-format. I said that was fine but what if this didn't work? He said they would replace it, but would need proof of purchase. I advised the guy that I bought it off ebay, but he said it didn't count as under warranty unless I could get the original proof of purchase, and if I couldn't get this, it would cost me £180 for an out of warranty replacement. I nearly died. Sony want £180 to replace a console which you had already received over £250 for, and then you will only send me a refurbished one, and use the working parts of my broken one? So I re-formatted, and alas, as expected, the problem was still there. I advised your representative I would have to try to get proof of purchase.

Its a known problem - as soon as I told your representative the error code, he immediately told me what was wrong without a second thought. Microsoft admit the red ring of death is a hardware issue and replace the consoles because they know its their error. So why should I pay over £250 for a broken console, and another £180 to get it replaced? Is that the kind of customer services Sony apparently prides itself on? In my industry, we have a little something called utmost good faith - and I think it should apply in this case. The console was fresh out of the box. It was sealed, never been opened or touched. And 6 days after being taken out of the box, its broken and I have to pay £180 for a replacement? Are you serious Sony?

I would like to speak to a manager about this because it is not right, I don't care if it wasn't bought from a 'retailer' - it was new and sealed, and is now broken after 6 days. I think its quite frankly disgusting, and for Sony (you) to treat me in this matter, shows a lack of respect, lack of faith and worst of all, a lack of trust. Its a great console, and I would like a replacement, but if it is not replaced free of charge, I certainly will not be getting another one, and I will never ever give Sony my hard earned again.

See what the cunts say to that.

he sent me an email after i bought it saying if i have problems in the first 3 months email him, so i did

Nice one reverend.

Glad you got it all sorted. You gettin' SF4 on ps3 or 360 btw?

Not sure i will get it to be honest, not massively my thing, though i probably will end up buying it - on which i dont actually know.

I'm just glad i can go back to giving the PS3 a good test now, see what will happen when more multi-platformers start hitting town.

Reckon i'm gonna pre-order Killzone 2 tonight aswel, i hope they've not sold out or anything like that. Its not often i pre-order games - Gears 2 and GTA being the last 2, but i know you couldnt get a GTA for love nor money on release day. I got it the day before - kerching lol

Not sure i will get it to be honest, not massively my thing, though i probably will end up buying it - on which i dont actually know.

I'm just glad i can go back to giving the PS3 a good test now, see what will happen when more multi-platformers start hitting town.

Reckon i'm gonna pre-order Killzone 2 tonight aswel, i hope they've not sold out or anything like that. Its not often i pre-order games - Gears 2 and GTA being the last 2, but i know you couldnt get a GTA for love nor money on release day. I got it the day before - kerching lol

Glad to hear about your PS3 being replaced!

Archived