Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 26/05/2023 at 21:19, The boy Linacre said:

My daughter is going to see the Arctic Monkeys next Weds in Cov @ the Ricoh.

she’s left parking late any thoughts??

I don't know what the nearby parking situation is like but I know its residents permits in the adjoining roads for at least a mile. 

Saw a few posts last week saying it took over 2 hours to get away from the arena when Harry Styles was there. 

Hope she has a great time, The Mysterines are supporting, they are a great band. 

Edited by SK3Blue
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I don't know what the nearby parking situation is like but I know its residents permits in the adjoining roads for at least a mile. 

Saw a few posts last week saying it took over 2 hours to get away from the arena when Harry Styles was there. 

Hope she has a great time, The Mysterines are supporting, they are a great band. 

Went to see Rammstein there last summer. The queues in the shopping centre car park for Taxis afterwards was horrendous. 

Just managed to get an Uber back to Hinckley before the battery died on the phone. 

5 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

that didn't take long to find out the answer 

Radio 2. So Chic and Nile Rodgers, Rod Stewart and probably Jess Glynne then.

Petition for Kasabian to bring Tom back. No Tom No Party

Arctics last night at Old Trafford. Seen them three times and this was the best by a long way. Setlist has been different for all of their shows on this tour so far, so a nice surprise when they opened with Flourescent Adolescent. The new stuff sounded decent live too, which I wasn't expecting.

Rate Old Trafford as a venue too, infrastructure around is well set up with lots of decent places for a few pre-gig tins in the sun beforehand - and portaloos on hand. As a cricket fan, was fun to be on the outfield too.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Arctics last night at Old Trafford. Seen them three times and this was the best by a long way. Setlist has been different for all of their shows on this tour so far, so a nice surprise when they opened with Flourescent Adolescent. The new stuff sounded decent live too, which I wasn't expecting.

Rate Old Trafford as a venue too, infrastructure around is well set up with lots of decent places for a few pre-gig tins in the sun beforehand - and portaloos on hand. As a cricket fan, was fun to be on the outfield too.

Saw the set list and looked great! Like how they’ve opened each show differently so far as well. Can’t wait for Hillsborough next week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Saw the set list and looked great! Like how they’ve opened each show differently so far as well. Can’t wait for Hillsborough next week. 

Yeah, always try to avoid spoilers with set lists of bands I'm seeing but it's been impossible this past week. Was a nice surprise for it to be something I wasn't expecting.

Couldn't make Hillsborough dates so very envious. Will be some do.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, always try to avoid spoilers with set lists of bands I'm seeing but it's been impossible this past week. Was a nice surprise for it to be something I wasn't expecting.

Couldn't make Hillsborough dates so very envious. Will be some do.

Me too, but i always have fave songs i hope the band play and i'm always a little dissapointed if they don't.  

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 11:41, Voll Blau said:

I was there too on the Friday was so good, Old Trafford is a great venue in the sun and usually a good crowd with it being Manchester.

Half tempted to do one of the London ones now! 

• Like 1

Just bought tickets to our first gig since before COVID (not counting the meat loaf tribute act I saw in Loughborough last week)

Going with my wife to see Bowling For Soup and Less Than Jake in Leeds in February. Very excited!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Just bought tickets to our first gig since before COVID (not counting the meat loaf tribute act I saw in Loughborough last week)

Going with my wife to see Bowling For Soup and Less Than Jake in Leeds in February. Very excited!

" I couldn't wait for the summer and the Warp tour..."