Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

34 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

I thought that musically they were excellent but agree that the crowd were so boring, although me and my mates had our own little party going on. 

I agree musically great but I don't want to hear a 4 minute song extended to 10 minutes. It's not the same band it was in the 90's. If you ever saw them in the 90's you would get where I'm coming from. The daughter enjoyed it though so that's the main thing 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Saw James & Razorlight last night at The O2.

Razorlight were excellent & James as always, were very good. Tim Booth is still a great showman, great stage presence. 

I'd love to see Razorlight. Seem to be an unfashionable band to like but their Up all night album in particular was brilliant for its time

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd love to see Razorlight. Seem to be an unfashionable band to like but their Up all night album in particular was brilliant for its time

this is one of my fav intros ever:

• Like 1

Got tickets for Mudhoney, Fu Manchu, Interpol and The Wedding Present.

Might go over to Hyde Park in July for the BST Stevie Nicks gig and listen from outside - not paying £130+ to get in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oakman said:

Might go over to Hyde Park in July for the BST Stevie Nicks gig and listen from outside - not paying £130+ to get in.

do it! bring a few beers and snacks

3 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

do it! bring a few beers and snacks

That's exactly what we've done in previous years! 

If there's a few bands we want to see, I'll buy tickets and we make a day of it. If it's just one headliner that doesn't justify the all day ticket price, we head over with a few cans and just sit on the other side of the fence!

• Like 1

Saw Kings of Leon in Leeds last night. 

Mostly great but a few real boring songs in the set.

Crowd were better than the foo fighters last week though, probably as most had been out on the beers watching the England game beforehand

Foo Fighters at West Ham last night, very good but there’s just something that doesn’t quite click with me that would move them into that great category. I went with a mate and we both felt that way going in and the same afterwards. 

I don’t think the London Stadium is a bad venue but the stage seemed so far away unless you were prepared to stand for hours to get close to the stage. 

Most football grounds the stage sits in the penalty area but because West Ham have those big gaps the goals I don’t think the stage even reached the start of the pitch. 

A good night, would definitely go again but wouldn’t be heartbroken if I couldn’t get a ticket. 

11 hours ago, Livid said:

Foo Fighters at West Ham last night, very good but there’s just something that doesn’t quite click with me that would move them into that great category. I went with a mate and we both felt that way going in and the same afterwards. 

I don’t think the London Stadium is a bad venue but the stage seemed so far away unless you were prepared to stand for hours to get close to the stage. 

Most football grounds the stage sits in the penalty area but because West Ham have those big gaps the goals I don’t think the stage even reached the start of the pitch. 

A good night, would definitely go again but wouldn’t be heartbroken if I couldn’t get a ticket. 

Stadium gigs too much hassle 👍

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

I tried to be getting Paul McCartney tickets for me and mi Dad but failed, a bit gutted as I never goto anything like that with him and he seemed really up for it, which I was shocked at 😔

If you can do a bit more spur of the moment have a look on Twickets nearer the date. An awful lot of what sells out instantly becomes available later on. 

On 22/06/2024 at 07:29, Andy11111 said:

Stadium gigs too much hassle 👍

Not my biggest love,  I prefer much smaller venues. 

Unfortunately if you want to see any of the really big artists you have to bite the bullet. 

There’s no stadium in the midlands of any real size so you have to travel to Cardiff/Edinburgh/Glasgow/Manchester or London to see them. 

Any localish hotel price is instantly doubled or trebled. I’m at Wembley for Green Day next Saturday and in a weak moment months ago  apparently booked a drop and flop room at Holiday Inn at Watford for £140. I’m going to cancel that and drive back. 

They keep increasing capacity of these venues but the public transport facilities to get away just keep operating on a standard timetable. 

Ticketmaster are pretty much legalised scalpers through their premium tickets and resale where you actually get your tickets days before the gig. Customer service is non existent because of the near total control they have they couldn’t care less. 

I would vote for anyone in this GE who was willing to aggressively take on companies of the  likes of Ticketmaster who just continually abuse the market position they have. That’s never going to happen. 

28 minutes ago, Livid said:

Not my biggest love,  I prefer much smaller venues. 

Unfortunately if you want to see any of the really big artists you have to bite the bullet. 

There’s no stadium in the midlands of any real size so you have to travel to Cardiff/Edinburgh/Glasgow/Manchester or London to see them. 

Any localish hotel price is instantly doubled or trebled. I’m at Wembley for Green Day next Saturday and in a weak moment months ago  apparently booked a drop and flop room at Holiday Inn at Watford for £140. I’m going to cancel that and drive back. 

They keep increasing capacity of these venues but the public transport facilities to get away just keep operating on a standard timetable. 

Ticketmaster are pretty much legalised scalpers through their premium tickets and resale where you actually get your tickets days before the gig. Customer service is non existent because of the near total control they have they couldn’t care less. 

I would vote for anyone in this GE who was willing to aggressively take on companies of the  likes of Ticketmaster who just continually abuse the market position they have. That’s never going to happen. 

I got my foo fighters tickets off twickets, apparently general admission, although when you get there they stick a barrier across so you can't get near front. I used to complain about Arenas but I'll take them any day over a stadium. Off to see Jimmy Eat World at the Ally Pally in November, probably about the 12th time but they never disappoint, better than Foos, green day and blink but never got the recognition they deserve, at least I get to see them at a small venue 😁😁👍

Edited by Andy11111
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They were incredible. Straight into my top 3 Wembley visits. Phenomenal night!

I've seen them many times, but it doesn't get much better than that. I think maybe the Milton Keynes Bowl show in 2005 probably was a better gig overall, but that day was something unbelievably special. 

Me and a friend managed to blag into the Golden Circle and I was within touching distance of BJA for the entire night. It was incredible.