Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Just paid to go and see Nile Rodgers at the O2 

£80 a ticket???!!!!!  My word

i can’t not go and see the big man, if he’s coming to my town though (would be rude)

Booking Stereo MC’s too, a more acceptable  £29

On 16/09/2024 at 10:30, Wolfox said:

Just paid to go and see Nile Rodgers at the O2 

£80 a ticket???!!!!!  My word

i can’t not go and see the big man, if he’s coming to my town though (would be rude)

Nile Rodgers would play my back garden if I offered it him, he's hardly elusive!

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Nile Rodgers would play my back garden if I offered it him, he's hardly elusive!

Yeah, but can you spare the £80 he’d charge you?

I saw him in the early 00’s before his big resurgence and he was signing copies of his CDs after the gig for the extra $

One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to by the way…. Lots of people have dined off his music making…. Boooowie for starters

Love a bit of disco me…. And he’s my man!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Libertine said:

Darkness announced a tour including DMH in March, hoping to get to that as not yet seen them.

Can highly recommend. I'm in the presale, and I'd suggest not waiting around too long as their popularity has increased a lot the last couple of years (I think because of his YouTube stuff) and their gigs now seem to sell out and quite quickly now

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Can highly recommend. I'm in the presale, and I'd suggest not waiting around too long as their popularity has increased a lot the last couple of years (I think because of his YouTube stuff) and their gigs now seem to sell out and quite quickly now

Yeh I've signed up for pre-sale too. Really wanted to go to the PTL tour last year but none of the dates really worked.

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Yeh I've signed up for pre-sale too. Really wanted to go to the PTL tour last year but none of the dates really worked.

Although it was still good, that's probably the least special time I've seen them so that's not the biggest loss. They padded out the setlist mainly with B sides from around the time that album was out and although some of those are pretty strong, it did lose the crowd a bit at times. At Warwick Castle this year it was much better as it was basically PTL plus stuff from the other albums.

Have you listened to the new single? It's ridiculous, for a change, and great, of course

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Although it was still good, that's probably the least special time I've seen them so that's not the biggest loss. They padded out the setlist mainly with B sides from around the time that album was out and although some of those are pretty strong, it did lose the crowd a bit at times. At Warwick Castle this year it was much better as it was basically PTL plus stuff from the other albums.

Have you listened to the new single? It's ridiculous, for a change, and great, of course

Yeh listened to it earlier, different but I liked it. Not really kept up with them in recent years but have been an avid JHRA viewer for a couple of years now. :P