Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

LEFT 4 DEAD

no but i have thought about it, wanted it on 360 but i dont have live so would have been pointless, can you play this online for free? cus if so, i may consider a purchase!

If your talking for the PC version then, yes you can play free online upload to steam connect to a server and your away.

No but i really want this, got a few games i could trade in for it, it looks really really good.

I think it's worth getting, nearly completed the first level on the online mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Got this yesterday, its a lot of fun, i think its supposed to be a bit more serious than i'm taking it, but it reminds me in a strange way of a sort of Shaun of The Dead type game, which is brilliant IMO.

I dont think i've ever seen so many zombies on screen at one time, its a whole loada fun, and i've only played on the single player (i.e without 'real' team-mates).

I bumped it onto advanced difficulty straight away, did the firdst chapter of one of the campaigns, started the second one, had 2 go's, nearly did it, then gave up and whacked it back onto normal. It's a challenge. I think when i've had some more play time with it, or if i was with real team-mates as opposed to AI, then it wouldnt be too bad on advanced, but very difficult on the next step up, which i think its good.

Another thing i love about this is the variation of the enemies and routes you can use to get to certain places. You'll play, die at a certain part, get to the part where you just died, think 'i know where hes comin from now', and the thing will come up behind you and start tearing you apart. It's a brilliant enemy spawn system, really varied.

Excellent so far,.

Got this yesterday, its a lot of fun, i think its supposed to be a bit more serious than i'm taking it, but it reminds me in a strange way of a sort of Shaun of The Dead type game, which is brilliant IMO.

I dont think i've ever seen so many zombies on screen at one time, its a whole loada fun, and i've only played on the single player (i.e without 'real' team-mates).

I bumped it onto advanced difficulty straight away, did the firdst chapter of one of the campaigns, started the second one, had 2 go's, nearly did it, then gave up and whacked it back onto normal. It's a challenge. I think when i've had some more play time with it, or if i was with real team-mates as opposed to AI, then it wouldnt be too bad on advanced, but very difficult on the next step up, which i think its good.

Another thing i love about this is the variation of the enemies and routes you can use to get to certain places. You'll play, die at a certain part, get to the part where you just died, think 'i know where hes comin from now', and the thing will come up behind you and start tearing you apart. It's a brilliant enemy spawn system, really varied.

Excellent so far,.

Glad you like it, I think it's a good game there are new levels and maps comming out soon. Which console do you have it on?

To be honest, the only way to play it is on Expert mode, because it becomes absolutely ridiculous. On the one with the train yard I always got spanked just around the first corner! Managed to complete Dead Air by hiding in the respawn room on the final section and placing petrol cans everywhere and setting them off. Absolute madness. Far more replay value than I'd have thought, too. Playing it on your own doesn't really keep in the spirit of it, but its an excellent game.

Glad you like it, I think it's a good game there are new levels and maps comming out soon. Which console do you have it on?

I've got it on 360. What else? lol

Also, i really like the animation in the game - the way you shoot a zombie and it continues to stumble towards you - its really well done. Wouldnt expect anything less from Valve though.

To be honest, the only way to play it is on Expert mode, because it becomes absolutely ridiculous. On the one with the train yard I always got spanked just around the first corner! Managed to complete Dead Air by hiding in the respawn room on the final section and placing petrol cans everywhere and setting them off. Absolute madness. Far more replay value than I'd have thought, too. Playing it on your own doesn't really keep in the spirit of it, but its an excellent game.

Fck Expert mode, normals hard enough. I'm on the 3rd chapter of the sewers/subway type one, and bloody hell i've died twice trying to do it! Having to start from the beginning of the chapter aswel is a pain in the arse! Those witches are fcking horrible, if one of them gets you, you die, simple as, the AI is fairly dumb and they just let em rip you apart.

Might give it a go online later.

I've got it on 360. What else? lol

Also, i really like the animation in the game - the way you shoot a zombie and it continues to stumble towards you - its really well done. Wouldnt expect anything less from Valve though.

Fck Expert mode, normals hard enough. I'm on the 3rd chapter of the sewers/subway type one, and bloody hell i've died twice trying to do it! Having to start from the beginning of the chapter aswel is a pain in the arse! Those witches are fcking horrible, if one of them gets you, you die, simple as, the AI is fairly dumb and they just let em rip you apart.

Might give it a go online later.

I play it on the PC, it's amazing on there.

Just recently completed Dead Air on Advanced - PISTOLS ONLY (Akimbo Assisian)

I play it on the PC, it's amazing on there.

Just recently completed Dead Air on Advanced - PISTOLS ONLY (Akimbo Assisian)

I'm really struggling, the AI is pretty dumb, i'm on the last chapter of the sewer/subway one, and keep getting killed before the chopper arrives.

Having to restart from the beginning of the chapter every time is really fcking annoying.

It's a nice challenge though.

I'm really struggling, the AI is pretty dumb, i'm on the last chapter of the sewer/subway one, and keep getting killed before the chopper arrives.

Having to restart from the beginning of the chapter every time is really fcking annoying.

I cant do that helicopter bit for love nor money! I've gave it a blast on live with real players now and shitting hell, still cant do it - and in the 3 times ive tried, ive been the last man standing! The difficulty of this game is immense. I've only had it a day granted, but Jesus, i cant seen how i can do it, unless theres something big i'm missing.

I cant do that helicopter bit for love nor money! I've gave it a blast on live with real players now and shitting hell, still cant do it - and in the 3 times ive tried, ive been the last man standing! The difficulty of this game is immense. I've only had it a day granted, but Jesus, i cant seen how i can do it, unless theres something big i'm missing.

Tips:

- Place all gas canisters, petrol tanks etc in places where the Hordes will run from.

- When you get to the building which you have to call for help, get all surviours inside ammo up SHUT ALL DOORS, even the door to the stairs when you get onto the roof.

- Try and use pipe bombs, i'm sure there are a few on this level.

Edit: If the Achivements on the 360 version are anything like the PC version then killing the 55,??? zombies you have to get for the achivement shall be fun :unsure:

Tips:

- Place all gas canisters, petrol tanks etc in places where the Hordes will run from.

- When you get to the building which you have to call for help, get all surviours inside ammo up SHUT ALL DOORS, even the door to the stairs when you get onto the roof.

- Try and use pipe bombs, i'm sure there are a few on this level.

Edit: If the Achivements on the 360 version are anything like the PC version then killing the 55,??? zombies you have to get for the achivement shall be fun :unsure:

Yeah i tried the first tip, put petrol tanks and created like a fire wall, but they dont last long, and the canisters are shit.

I dont think the achievement to get the 55k zombie kills will be that difficult due to the sheer volume of em on each level. I got the 100 headshots achievement in about an hour and i bet my ratio (kills to headshots) is about 1 headshot per 5 kills. I bet i've got 3k kills already.

As long as it counts kills when you die and that.

Wish it told you how many you had like it does on Gears 2.

Yeah i tried the first tip, put petrol tanks and created like a fire wall, but they dont last long, and the canisters are shit.

I dont think the achievement to get the 55k zombie kills will be that difficult due to the sheer volume of em on each level. I got the 100 headshots achievement in about an hour and i bet my ratio (kills to headshots) is about 1 headshot per 5 kills. I bet i've got 3k kills already.

As long as it counts kills when you die and that.

Wish it told you how many you had like it does on Gears 2.

On the 360 version can you play as the infected? Also if the achivement where you can kill the witch in one shot is on the 360 use the shotgun(aim for the head):)

On the 360 version can you play as the infected? Also if the achivement where you can kill the witch in one shot is on the 360 use the shotgun(aim for the head):)

You definitely can on live yeah i think.

I was looking at the achievements earlier and saw that one, and thought the sifle would be best for that one from range obviously as you cant get particularly close to the little feckers.

Also, you can actually check how many zombies you've killed - i've got 1878/53596, so like i say, definitely do-able.

Just did the chopper bit of no mercy, i had to put it onto easy just to see how to do it, and it was pretty easy. I'll give t another blast on normal tomorrow now i think.

i think im going to get this? i like the idea of playing as an infected aswell!

does anybod know wheres chapest to buy?

also how do you lot play it (on pc) do you use keyboard or do you have a controller?

I got mine from game which was 29.99 I think.

Install by STEAM, Keyboard and Mouse :)

In No Mercy, we finished it on advanced by standing on the stairs. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. You are near enough immune to getting snagged by smokers. Just hold the zombies/infected off until the tank comes, run on the roof throw molotov at tank, then repeat after he dies. :thumbup:

In No Mercy, we finished it on advanced by standing on the stairs. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. You are near enough immune to getting snagged by smokers. Just hold the zombies/infected off until the tank comes, run on the roof throw molotov at tank, then repeat after he dies. :thumbup:

Thats a good idea, though to do that you'd have to have 3 other friends playing cos the idiots on live dont listen, just do there own thang. Same with the AI.

I wish you could give your AI team-mates instructions.

Archived