Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

RPGs - 360 and PS3

We've found ourselves a little short of choice when it comes to RPGs on the 360 and PS3.

If you take Fallout 3 and Oblivion out of the equation, there's nothing on the PS3 that I can think of that you can call an RPG.

On 360 you've got Mass Effect and that was a pretty class outfit. Fable 2 as well. But I also managed to get my hands on a little gem the other day and it's damn good. Lost Odyssey. Quality stuff. It only cost me £3 after I traded in the too short and too easy Prince of Persia. GAME are doing it at £13 in the sale at the mo. I would highly recommend it if you are into RPGs.

As for this year I'm looking forward to FFXIII but what else is on its way?

As well as that, past, present or future, put any RPG gamer stuff in here!

We've found ourselves a little short of choice when it comes to RPGs on the 360 and PS3.

If you take Fallout 3 and Oblivion out of the equation, there's nothing on the PS3 that I can think of that you can call an RPG.

On 360 you've got Mass Effect and that was a pretty class outfit. Fable 2 as well. But I also managed to get my hands on a little gem the other day and it's damn good. Lost Odyssey. Quality stuff. It only cost me £3 after I traded in the too short and too easy Prince of Persia. GAME are doing it at £13 in the sale at the mo. I would highly recommend it if you are into RPGs.

White Knight Chronicles looks ok

I didnt realise Mass Effect was not on PS3. It's one i've looked at but never got round to getting.

Maybe the first Fable on Xbox aswel if you like RPG's that much. But you're right, there is a disctinct lack of RPG's on consoles.

Did you get Prince of Persia on PS3 then?

Mass Effect ay? Never heard of it but 9.6 from IGN is something special.

Also Tales of Vesperia is some sort of sequel to Tales of Symphonia, which was a very good RPG for Gamecube, I'd check that out if I was short on ideas.

:whistle:

Oh and if anyone really does like JRPG's then "Secret of Mana" is now on Virtual Console...

Thats shit. And so are you. And so's that cow.

I'm off to to see my director and tell him your on the net at work spouting shit about Nintendo. Your wasting tax payers money.

Thats shit. And so are you. And so's that cow.

I'm off to to see my director and tell him your on the net at work spouting shit about Nintendo. Your wasting tax payers money.

I'm actually at home... fished at 3:15!! :P

I didnt realise Mass Effect was not on PS3. It's one i've looked at but never got round to getting.

Maybe the first Fable on Xbox aswel if you like RPG's that much. But you're right, there is a disctinct lack of RPG's on consoles.

Did you get Prince of Persia on PS3 then?

Yes I did. It was too easy. It doesn't warrant such rave reviews and the high scores surprise me having gone through it.

As for The Last Remnant, that's done quite badly with the reviews it's had. 65% average on metacritic is not good.

Lost Odyssey is a real gem though. I would recommend that.

On LIVE, you've got the xbox originals: Fable and Jade Empire. I've been told Jade Empire is a pretty decent RPG. Anyone tried it?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, bummer about FF XIII and that new release date. Had to be expected, though. SquareEnix has done it before in the past.

Gives me more time to get into and complete Fallout 3.

@Phube: Nothing better than hijacking a thread that does NOT cover Wii, right? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot recommend Lost Odyssey on 360 enough. I'm now on the final disc, 35 hours in, and it's brilliant. There's so much extra to do, just like in FFX, so I can see it going another 35 hours no problem.

Checked ebay, as reverend has suggested, and you can pick it up for less than a tenner. Believe me, it's the best tenner you could ever spend on an RPG.

Some sections are pretty tough, and you'll need a range of strategies to get by, but the scope for customisation of your party is what sets this apart from other RPGs imo.

Like the section I'm in now, been there for five hours. It's taking ages but it doesn't feel like a chore.

I cannot recommend Lost Odyssey on 360 enough. I'm now on the final disc, 35 hours in, and it's brilliant. There's so much extra to do, just like in FFX, so I can see it going another 35 hours no problem.

Checked ebay, as reverend has suggested, and you can pick it up for less than a tenner. Believe me, it's the best tenner you could ever spend on an RPG.

Some sections are pretty tough, and you'll need a range of strategies to get by, but the scope for customisation of your party is what sets this apart from other RPGs imo.

Like the section I'm in now, been there for five hours. It's taking ages but it doesn't feel like a chore.

I'll pbably pick this up when i've done Left4Dead and Fable II. Looks like the 360's back to no.1, unless reformatting the PS3's hard drive magically makes it work (which it wont). I really am disgusted with Sony.

Archived