Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

DEEJ out on loan

I always wanted to see Fryatt/Campbell. The very, very few occasions when it actually happened, we looked good (Hartlepool away, Leyton Orient away).

And Scunny away...

But hey ho, it wasn't be and we're doing brilliantly while Campbell has never really impressed.

Perhaps, with the right support, he could turn his career around in the way Fryatt has done.

That won't happen with us though. We'll see how he does at Blackpool.

Good Ridance and everyone who supports the club should be in the same mindset, Had a poor attitude to our team towards the end of the season, injury prone and reminds me of darren huckerby in his early years as a player who doesn`t undertsand the meaning of offside. Hope he does well at blackpool so we can recoup some of the money mandaric wasted on him! lets hope we get another quality striker in before the end of jan to compliment fryatt.

I've been suspect of DJ since the beginning. He's been over-hyped ever since his Yeading days and their cup run. Fair play to him for getting back in to professional football, but the fee we paid for him is embarrassing.

I'm clueless as to whether DJ can cut it at a decent level, he's certainly not done it with us and it will be interesting to see how he does at Blackpool. Injuries haven't helped him and neither has the departure of Martin Allen, but until he learns how to stay onside, he'll have problems at any level.

From Blackpool OS

LOAN SIGNING DJ Campbell is excited at the prospect of scoring goals for Blackpool after arriving from League One side Leicester City.

The striker has had a difficult time with injuries since signing for Leicester in a £1.6million deal from Birmingham City 18 months ago. But now, after making the move to Bloomfield Road until the end of the season, the striker is aiming to repay the faith that Tony Parkes and Steve Thompson have shown in him.

"I am delighted with the move," the 27-year-old said. "After the year I have had with injuries it is good to be playing again. Tony and Steve Thompson have shown a lot of faith by bringing me here.

"I am looking forward to playing a few games and scoring a few goals.

"I have always had faith in my ability and I know what I can do. It has been hard for me with the injuries I had at Leicester, missing eight months of football and then not really playing the rest of the time was very frustrating for me.

"I know what I am capable of; I have shown that at Birmingham in the Championship before."

Campbell has been training at Squires Gate since last Friday, and he is enjoying the atmosphere at the club.

"Everyone here is superb; the boys have got a great fighting attitude. They have all made me welcome, from the manager and coaches, to the physio and obviously all the players. There is a great attitude at the club.

"I was gutted Saturday's match was called off, but we have to move onto the next game now, and look to get a positive result and start moving up the table." Campbell added.

DJ scores for Blackpool againsr Cov :giggle:
Just scored has first goal lol lol,,,, first of many me thinks.

I think we can safely say were the lazy bastards sitting on the sofa watching soccer special haha

Being fair he's never been given much of a chance at Leicester.

And I never understood Pearson preferring Dickov when we could have done with DJ's pace but still, what's done is done.

His done the right thing by sending him on loan as he needs 90 mins of football regularly to help get his confidence back

What happened to the thread, mate :giggle:

Hope he scores plenty so he can get confidence and score plenty for us or, bump up his price to sell him

I merged it with this - no favouritism from me for me. :thumbup:

Campbell had the ball in the net for a second time on 29 minutes when he raced onto a Ben Burgess flick on, but this time the livewire front man had crept just offside.

Keith Southern became the first Pool name in the referees' notebook on 33 minutes following a late and reckless challenge on Daniel Fox.

DJ Campbell continued to be a thorn in the Coventry defence and ten minutes before the break, he almost netted a second after he burst onto another Ben Burgess flick on, this time the striker was crowded out as he was about to slide past the advancing Westwood.

Sounded like he had a decent game. Also had a goal disallowed.

Campbell had the ball in the net for a second time on 29 minutes when he raced onto a Ben Burgess flick on, but this time the livewire front man had crept just offside.Keith Southern became the first Pool name in the referees' notebook on 33 minutes following a late and reckless challenge on Daniel Fox.

DJ Campbell continued to be a thorn in the Coventry defence and ten minutes before the break, he almost netted a second after he burst onto another Ben Burgess flick on, this time the striker was crowded out as he was about to slide past the advancing Westwood.

:o No way!

Campbell had the ball in the net for a second time on 29 minutes when he raced onto a Ben Burgess flick on, but this time the livewire front man had crept just offside.

Keith Southern became the first Pool name in the referees' notebook on 33 minutes following a late and reckless challenge on Daniel Fox.

Well we wont miss the offsides we've got Dickov getting caught all the time now.

Archived