Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

DEEJ out on loan

Being fair he's never been given much of a chance at Leicester.

And I never understood Pearson preferring Dickov when we could have done with DJ's pace but still, what's done is done.

I felt after the Crewe (?) game, DJ was on borrowed time. To me, it looked like he had lost all confidence.

I felt after the Crewe (?) game, DJ was on borrowed time. To me, it looked like he had lost all confidence.

Or motivation. He's really had no-one show confidence in him and he's not the only one to suffer in that way. The thing is the manager brings his own choices in, the non-choices slip down the pecking order and the manager has no great incentive to bring em back if his own choices are doing the business.

During City's relegation year Pearson might reasonably argue that both DJ , Porter, Wesolowski were missing from the action. That it might not have been their fault is neither here nor there. While he's got people who can and do amass the matches and who can and do win matches then, as Levi might have said on all the outsider's behalf "what can I do?"

Unfortunately we're not over the finishing line yet. We've got two good strikers, Dickov is looking a pale shadow of the player I once admired, Chambers is a rookie with question marks over his durability, our main centre-back is out, Daives might well go back to Wolves, Dyer is having less effect and that apparently deep squad of ours is starting to look a bit thin.

Cleverley might be a big bonus - Pearson and his team can seem to pick up some good lads - but we need more than that and surely someone has to come in to replace DJ.

Why does Pearson continue to plat Dickov, he is far too out of his depth here.

Wasn't Dickov heading abroad before he signed for us? I wonder if Pearson said he'd play him (if fit) as a means of persuading him to sign.

Despite being a fan during his previous time here, I've never seen anything this time to put him ahead of DJ or anyone else on merit.

And playing him almost on the wing earlier in the season instead of Gradel or Porter looked laughable.

Archived