Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Resident Evil 5

I have the demo of this and I think it is one of the best shooters I have played on. Also is it exclusive to PS3 or on 360 aswell?

It's multi-platform.

There lies the problem!

It shouldn't be a shooter.

Gimme Dead Space any day of the week... that's more like it.

I agree - from what I can gather, its not a survival-horror like it should be, more of an action game which is wrong. I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

What? Going back in time, do a retro and buy a PS2? Again?

Can't they just remake it for the XBOX360?

Cheaper. For me.

I think you can get it for 360. I'm sure my bro's got it. Unless it's on Wii he's got it

It's still quality on PS2 though. Well worth a bash

What? Going back in time, do a retro and buy a PS2? Again?

Can't they just remake it for the XBOX360?

Cheaper. For me.

You can get it for the Wii. Other than that, get a PS2. The game is worth shelling out £90 odd quid for a slim PS2 just to play it. While you're at it, get God of War 1 and 2.

The controls are not perfect, yes. But they can be adjusted. Love the graphics and the feel to it, although sometimes stages pass by too quickly. Then there stages where you're just overwhelmed by what's going on - the amount of enemies can be intimidating.

Boss fights are challenging and require special tactics every single time. I've progressed quite a bit so far and am looking forward to playing it through a second time. The BSAA emblems are well-hidden, I guess I've already missed out on a few of them.

However, I love my grenade launcher. :thumbup:

I'm really getting into this now - I had my doubts after playing the demo, but its brilliant.

The graphics are exquisite, controls can be a little irritating, but not overly so. Good, interesting story. I think I'm about half way through now, and I am really really enjoying it. I'm also finding Sheva fairly useful, not the annoying tag along most are making her out to be.

If you're undecided, go for it. It delivers for me.

I'm also finding Sheva fairly useful, not the annoying tag along most are making her out to be.

I think for the first level she really got on my tits. If I turned around she would be in my way and generally just causing me grief by her positioning. Now i'm moving further on in the game I don't notice it as much, either i've got use to it or she has learnt i'm likely to put a bullet in her skull through frustration!!

The first axe wielding boss/miniboss was a nightmare. It comes far to early in the game for me and I was totally overwhelmed by the sheer number of baddies coming at you... thankfully I just hid in an old bus until the chopper came. But that was on about my 10th attempt.

The only thing that's still annoying me is the fact that the AI-controlled character often times just really acts plain dumb when I'm shooting zombies/creatures/whatever.

In other words, I got shot at by my own partner. Positioning ain't one of "its" strengths... lol

Other than that, an almost perfect game. Yeah, I remember playing the very first part on PSOne, but looking back at it (YouTube it for retro reasons), the game had to progress at one point and get away from the puzzle aspect.

One of the best bits of the series is the shock value and there's still more than enough.

And replay value. :thumbup: All I'm saying is Sheva's alternate outfits... :worship:

The only thing that's still annoying me is the fact that the AI-controlled character often times just really acts plain dumb when I'm shooting zombies/creatures/whatever.

In other words, I got shot at by my own partner. Positioning ain't one of "its" strengths... lol

Other than that, an almost perfect game. Yeah, I remember playing the very first part on PSOne, but looking back at it (YouTube it for retro reasons), the game had to progress at one point and get away from the puzzle aspect.

One of the best bits of the series is the shock value and there's still more than enough.

And replay value. :thumbup: All I'm saying is Sheva's alternate outfits... :worship:

I'm missing all the puzzles though :(

'Carrying armour in the pocket of your armour'.

Brilliant. :laugh:

And the reference to 9 herb plants being equal to over 100 rounds of ammo. Liking it.

This is why I'm holding back on this one. I know it won't be as good as RE4, I know I'll ultimately be disappointed by it, so I'm waiting for it to come down in price.

Twice i've watched reviews by this guy, twice he's been so far off the mark he's virtually on another planet. His style is just to be different.... terrible, terible reviewer.

See he's funny... and an extreme cynic. Plus he picks flaws in games others just polish over!

Brilliant. :laugh:

lol

That is ****ing hilarious

You should watch some of his others... they're mostly hilarious!

And here's me, only finished RE4 yesterday - man the final boss was too easy! The ONLY game where I beat the end of game boss 1st time of trying (other bosses in the game gave me heap of woe though!)

• 4 months later...

rented it, really really enjoyed it! took me a while to get around the controls as its sluggish but very good!

ending is crap though! get it from blockbuster whoever wanted it, by nuts/zoo (cant remember) get a two for one blockbuster rental voucher, then get two games. no point in buying it, i completed it in 5 days!

Archived