Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Resident Evil 5

Finished RE5 a while back with my bro-in-law. I never played it solo, we played it through start to finish 3 times (Including veteran level) entirely in co-op... eliminating all the crapness of your AI partner!

One of my favourite gaming experiences.

• 6 years later...

It won't be as brilliant as RE4 when that is re-released next month.  Capcom saving the best until last.  :thumbup:

Also, the demo for 7 looks decent with the game going back to basics, which is no bad thing after the disaster that was RE6.

I've got to be honest, I've never played any except 5 and 6. 5 was brilliant, 6 was awful.

I grew up watching my old man play RE one and two though, and the re-release for the original looked impressive. I like how they have small puzzles and tasks to solve and think about as well. Once it goes on sale I'll probably pick it up in all honesty.

I've got to be honest, I've never played any except 5 and 6. 5 was brilliant, 6 was awful.

I grew up watching my old man play RE one and two though, and the re-release for the original looked impressive. I like how they have small puzzles and tasks to solve and think about as well. Once it goes on sale I'll probably pick it up in all honesty.

RE5 is good but it's not as good as RE4.  RE4 would be in my all time top 5 games.  Now whether or not it stands up to the test of time I guess is debatable, but I can't see it coming up short, especially not an improved HD version. I still have the steel case version for PS2, and it's worth a fair few quid. The RE5 re-release has an avg 72 on metacritic.  Whereas back in the day, RE4 - 96. 

I thought there was already a HD remaster of 4.

You may be confusing this with the original game set in the mansion, "hey Jill" and all that... lol

RE5 is good but it's not as good as RE4. RE4 would be in my all time top 5 games. Now whether or not it stands up to the test of time I guess is debatable, but I can't see it coming up short, especially not an improved HD version. I still have the steel case version for PS2, and it's worth a fair few quid. The RE5 re-release has an avg 72 on metacritic. Whereas back in the day, RE4 - 96.

You may be confusing this with the original game set in the mansion, "hey Jill" and all that... lol

Nah turns out it's already out on PC, for a couple of years now

RE5 is good but it's not as good as RE4.  RE4 would be in my all time top 5 games.  Now whether or not it stands up to the test of time I guess is debatable, but I can't see it coming up short, especially not an improved HD version. I still have the steel case version for PS2, and it's worth a fair few quid. The RE5 re-release has an avg 72 on metacritic.  Whereas back in the day, RE4 - 96. 

No he's not

There is already a HD remaster of 4. It's on previous gen.

I'm sure 4 HD Remaster came out a while ago (Obvs not on PS4). I agree 4 is by far the best one. I didn't think RE5 was that good. Disappointing after RE4.

I also didn't think RE6 was that bad. Like the look of the new one.

I'm sure 4 HD Remaster came out a while ago (Obvs not on PS4). I agree 4 is by far the best one. I didn't think RE5 was that good. Disappointing after RE4.

I also didn't think RE6 was that bad. Like the look of the new one.

Definitely is as I played it on the 360 lol

RE5 is a terrible game is you ask me and 6 is even worse, but there we are. 

Archived