Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Street Fighter IV

I've had a couple of hours, flown by they did, with SF4 and it's absolutely brilliant.

Stop the Killzone 2 pre-orders - get this game now!!!

This one has me rolling back the years.

Graphics - simply stunning. Sound - brilliant. Gameplay - good old fashioned button mashing, battering, FUN!

The complement of original characters have been boosted by the arrival of a few more. The new characters from the second game - Cammy etc. - are in there too but need to be unlocked somehow. For me the SF series is the only fighting game where every single character is great to play with. In others, MK, Tekken etc. there's always some who suck, who are there just to beef up the numbers. Not the case here.

The number of options available is quite astounding. You can do the usual 1v1 and arcade modes. The online is there. There's also some training mode where you can pull off all the moves and a challenge mode - which looks as if it will take hours to go through. The game is huge, a lot of depth, which is difficult to pull off with this sort of game.

In terms of controls, with practice, I could pull off all Ken's moves easily. Wasn't too tricky, although I can't do the super finishing move. The old move sets are there for each character but they've put in this 'focus move' and the super finisher move. It's great FUN!

I'll post again once I've had a bit more practice. Glad I got this though - it's back to basics, good old fashioned gaming and it's FUN!!!

And it's still going strong almost 20 years on - shows what quality it's all about.

Three words - FUN, FUN, FUN!

Someone get this for the 360 NOW!!! I need some competition.

I had mine pre-ordered from Amazon, but told them to ship it in one go with Resident Evil 5 - which is going to be released in about three weeks... Not sure if I can wait that long... Might have to let them peeps know that I'm getting desperate.

Never thought I'd say that again with Street Fighter... It's been - what? - 14, 15 years!!! :D

EDIT: Order status successfully changed. SF IV, here I come... in about a five, six days or so... :shutup:

dan-hibiki.jpg

I had mine pre-ordered from Amazon, but told them to ship it in one go with Resident Evil 5 - which is going to be released in about three weeks... Not sure if I can wait that long... Might have to let them peeps know that I'm getting desperate.

Never thought I'd say that again with Street Fighter... It's been - what? - 14, 15 years!!! :D

EDIT: Order status successfully changed. SF IV, here I come... in about a five, six days or so... :shutup:

Just arrived thismorning. Gonna have to wait til I get back from Brizzle this evening to try this bad boy out though I reckon

lol You won't be disappointed. It's great stuff.

Spent a couple of hours on it last night, really loved it. Takes a bit of getting used to the PS3 controller for the moves but well worth the £27 :thumbup:

This is pretty good.

Although Seth is just the shittest last boss on earth.

Got Merked on Xbox Live last night after a promising start. >_<

That's a bit harsh. He isn't that bad.

I rejoiced when taking out Ryu with the ultra finisher move with Ken only to then slam the joypad down in fury when it missed in the next round against Sagat as he hit me with some sort of counter.

The game still frustrates 15 years on.

Great stuff though, lovin' it.

That's a bit harsh. He isn't that bad.

I rejoiced when taking out Ryu with the ultra finisher move with Ken only to then slam the joypad down in fury when it missed in the next round against Sagat as he hit me with some sort of counter.

The game still frustrates 15 years on.

Great stuff though, lovin' it.

He's shite. Not even a proper charchter just nob who bounces round the screen smacking you from all angels. Cheap.

lol medium is not hard. Doing it with no continues I admit is difficult.

Medium IS the new Hard. :S

I'm playing it on Medium/Hard and having my ass severely kicked online :D

Have decided to tackle arcade mode with each character and get to know their moves a bit better before venturing back into ranked matches

I've gone and done it.

£27 off GAME using some reward points.

Cant knock it. This better be good now boys.

360 version by the way.

You'll be frustrated.

Single Player Mode is extremely hard, even on Medium.

I've had too many "I-want-to-smash-my-pad-into-the-corner" experiences already.

YOU STAND NO FRICKIN' CHANCE!!! :@:@:@

Within only two hours.

This game is so ****ing unfair - totally mis-balanced by Capcom.

I'm tempted to return my copy or sell my XBOX altogether.

I'm just not up for this sh*t any longer.

You'll be frustrated.

Single Player Mode is extremely hard, even on Medium.

I've had too many "I-want-to-smash-my-pad-into-the-corner" experiences already.

YOU STAND NO FRICKIN' CHANCE!!! :@:@:@

Within only two hours.

This game is so ****ing unfair - totally mis-balanced by Capcom.

I'm tempted to return my copy or sell my XBOX altogether.

I'm just not up for this sh*t any longer.

:giggle::crylaugh:

Fucking hell, is it that bad?

:crylaugh:

pram1.jpg

+

baby-dummy.thumbnail.jpg

lol lol lol

:giggle::crylaugh:

fooking hell, is it that bad?

:crylaugh:

I'll have Emilio answer that question - or you might want to wait until you experience it yourself. :D

Capcom have screwed up big-time. The XBOX360 joypad is useless - special moves are hard to pull off and when it comes to Ultra Moves - forget it. No chance. Well, by chance you might do one. Occasionally.

"Rival" match-up and final boss (Seth) are tough like hard eggs. No fun.

No minigames. Bloody annoying first intro song - think of Backstreet Boys, only worse.

I feel but pain. I'm massively frustrated.

It is ridiculously hard.

Apparently it's going to be patched soon though, there's been too many complaints about Seth or something which to be honest are more than warranted. He's a bastard.

First round versus Seth - I do well.

Then comes the second one and he starts using his Ultra Combo (which he doesn't in the first round for some odd reason).

Final round - I can hardly touch the guy. Annoys the sh*t out of me with his constant teleporting and whatever you do, he already has an answer for your move.

It's like the AI is programmed to fight in one way only - and that is by making it impossible for the average gamer to complete the Single Player Mode in an appropriate and rewarding manner and in good time.

Also, some characters are easier to control than others. I had no troubles finishing the game with Ryu and Ken because their moves are easier to perform and they do a fair amount of damage (I've even managed to do Ken's Ultra Move twice so far :P ), but tried my luck with Abel, Rufus :giggle: and Chun-Li. They're crap.

Hard? HARD?!?!?

This is what gaming was like back in the day. It was hard. This is no different. Street Fighter was always hard. You had to expect this would be too.

Yes, moves are difficult to pull off - but they always were.

It's possible to do the ultra moves. I can easily pull off 3 or 4 of them in a row in the practice bouts. The real joy comes from doing it in the arcade bouts.

Of course, not pulling it off often ends up in the controller flying towards the corner of the room - but after 15 years not a lot changes there either. :thumbup:

On 'easiest' setting, the game is easy. 'Easy' becomes a little more tricky. 'Medium' I will admit is hard.

Seth is a bugger but so was Bison - but he seems less so in this one.

I like it. It's quite a challenge.

I expect EASY to be EASY. Not MEDIUM.

And MEDIUM to be MEDIUM. Not HARD.

And HARD to be HARD. Not INHUMAN.

Back in the days, gaming was fun.

What the **** was Capcom thinking?

I wish for the SF II controls to come back - this one has SF EX written all over it.

My controller almost landed on the floor, tossed. But not because it is hard to pull the moves, but because the settings are not well-balanced, but badly mixed up.

And for it to work properly at home, you'll have to buy one of the fancy new joysticks. Great marketing gag by Capcom. So we all have to dish out even more cash to be able to play Street Fighter IV the right way. THANKS!

This is no fun game.

Not unless a reasonable patch is available.

Archived