Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Street Fighter IV

I agree with Alexi, although I think you're best to stick with a few characters as oppose to trying to learn them all. I've pretty much written off doing arcade mode with all of them. Was playing it on Very Easy last night with Chun Li (what have they done to her? she's garbage! she used to be fantastic!) and Seth was still an absloute nightmare to beat.

The game is difficult, beatable or Normal if you're good but going beyond that it's ridic.

A Arcade stick would help slightly but I aint buying one unless this patch tones the difficulty down a bit because while it will make a difference it wont be any where near enough.

Improving slightly online, winning about one in three at the minute :angry: not great but improving. Not played anyone who seems to be good enough to beat the game on medium without continues yet though. The computer is much harder to beat!

Thought I'd be playing this for ages but way things are going I might get rid of it after awhile!

what is up with this game lol I keep getting destroyed. I was beating one well bad and then as I was about to take it they just unleashed an unstoppable barrage of about 20 punches and kicks that ko'd me. hahaha so hard

At least you can laugh about it, when I lose it drives me ****ing insane and I end up swearing into a pillow or something >_>

5 wins in a row on live last night, pissed, what an achievement :cool:

Good stuff :thumbup:

Maybe that's what I've been lacking, the requisite amount of beer. Just like playing pool when around the 4 pint mark I'm great, but generally over or under and I'm complete crap

Good stuff :thumbup:

Maybe that's what I've been lacking, the requisite amount of beer. Just like playing pool when around the 4 pint mark I'm great, but generally over or under and I'm complete crap

Theres some truth in that you know, I remember an Issue of PC gamer must of been nearly 10 years ago now, they did a test. 4 of em got a few games in, think it was Toca 2, ISS 3, Counter Strike, Quake III or something can't remember. Anyway they played the games like 7/8 times on exactly the same setting throughout a night of drinking, started off sober ended up on 25 units I think. they took their scores/lap times/kills per death etc recorded em.

Anyway 3/4 of them peaked after 5 pints. obviously after 25 they were all utter shit :giggle:. It is suppose to help you out aving a bit to drink though, although I'd had more than 5 pints. :whistle:

Just gave the arcade mode a go, after going on the training mode with Ryu and learning his moves. I can hardly do the ultra moves at all - i've done them about twice after trying loads. Its very diffficult to do them. I am not a natural at these games - the last one I had was probably Virtua Fighter on the PS2 about 10 years ago. So i'm just finding my feet again so to speak, but its hard, no doubt.

I went on arcade on Easy, got to Zangief, Jesus, his special moves are ridiculous, you cant go near him or hes using one, thats a fact. I've not even beat him in a round yet in about 4 go's.

I didnt realise there was very easy and easiest though, so i might tone it down to them before just to get used to it fully. I dont see what all the fuss is about really with the difficulty in this case. I can imagine very easy to be fairly straightforward, and easy and medium is when it starts to get difficult. Just pretend medium is hard, its the same for everyone else. Its meant to be hard, though i doubt i'll even bother on anything above medium unless I improve dramatically.

I'm having a lot of fun with it though, glad I purchased. I can imagine it being one of those games i'll go back to when i get bored of other games.

I downloaded an official guide in PDF format aswel, to help me learn the moves on training mode. Street Fighter IV Official Guide.

Be useful for some i'm sure.

Just gone through the arcade on easiest and very easy. Seth took me a few go's on very easy. I think i can see what people mean now. There seem to be like difficulty spikes, first round Seth is fairly straightforward, second round he is a joke and really difficult.

Gonna give it a go on easy tonight lol

And im not even sure i'll be able to do it!

Been playing with Ryu aswel.

I can't win Arcade Mode with Chun-Li - not even on Easiest and with one-round play. lol

Seth is a pain in the ass.

I hate Capcom for that.

I've only played with Ryu, probably ought to give some other characters a chance.

The moves are really difficult to pull off though.

But i'm enjoying it.

I've come pretty far in Arcade Mode, but fighting Zangief with El Fuerte is highly annoying.

No matter what I do, I either get grabbed and thrown around like crazy.

Oh, after taking only three hits my power's already down by 60 percent.

Very fair.

I don't stand a chance. Not even on Easiest. :crylaugh:

Has anyone unlocked all of the characters yet?

I've unlocked the first bird but haven't got any further yet.

Anyone know of some cheat which allows you to unlock everyone?

I can see myself getting extremely frustrated before I'm done getting all of them.

On 'Easy' I can get through the rounds easy until the rival stage. It's very difficult, but I like a challenge.

Ok. I've now unlocked all characters apart from Gouken, Akuma and Seth.

Total waste of time that was. Set arcade to easiest, best of 1 round, 30 second time limit. Just so I could go through it as quick as possible to unlock the characters. Daft idea. These characters should be available from the start.

Now the other three I've read are a pain in the ass to unlock. :frusty:

Still enjoying it though. The challenges are damn hard.

Also, anyone tried out the trials? On each character I can get to the third round of these and can't pull off the moves where you need to do two in succession. Can't pull them off. Impossible.

Ok. I've now unlocked all characters apart from Gouken, Akuma and Seth.

Total waste of time that was. Set arcade to easiest, best of 1 round, 30 second time limit. Just so I could go through it as quick as possible to unlock the characters. Daft idea. These characters should be available from the start.

Now the other three I've read are a pain in the ass to unlock. :frusty:

Still enjoying it though. The challenges are damn hard.

Also, anyone tried out the trials? On each character I can get to the third round of these and can't pull off the moves where you need to do two in succession. Can't pull them off. Impossible.

I've done a few of the time trial ones, which are quite good fun.

I've finally completed MGS4 now (Epic by the way - i'm glad i got my PS3 just for that game, despite the problems i've had), but have been on Killzone2 online really.

Its a shame my 360 is playing up, or i'd probably of been on SFIV a lot more.

I really need to ring Microsoft.

I just unlocked Akuma!!! :thumbsup: :clap::cheers:

Almost lost the controller halfway through though.

Just two characters to go. I'll only have one controller left by the end of it.

Just found this on Gouken...

Gouken: Clear the game with either C.Viper, Abel, Chun-Li, Dictator, Ryu OR Sakura, without continuing and scoring 2 perfects and 3 or more ultra finishers. (Gouken challenges you after Seth, beat him to unlock him.)

:o 3 ultra finishers?!?!

I've got a cat in hell's chance of doing that. I can barely do one.

The XBOX360 controller is just not made for Street Fighter IV.

And some of the characters are a real pain in the a** to control and Ultra Moves practically un-doable.

That said, maybe with a little bit more time of practice, I might master them eventually...

Archived