Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Street Fighter IV

Played this whilst intoxicated last night - suffice to say, my results were a whole lot different to Mablo's.

lol lol lol

I was about to say my pissed exploits have been outdone as I've managed 10 in a row (well happy with that) sober, but I just remembred I'd been at the pub all night when I did that as well. lol

Am I actually the only one who's any good at this then?

I usually pick Sagat, Akuma or either Ken/Ryu. All other characters are very hard to deal with and deal too little damage, especially that joke of El Fuerte. Or Chun-Li.

Still have to unlock Gouken (automatically followed by Seth), but it's going to be hard - even on Easiest.

I usually pick Sagat, Akuma or either Ken/Ryu. All other characters are very hard to deal with and deal too little damage, especially that joke of El Fuerte. Or Chun-Li.

Still have to unlock Gouken (automatically followed by Seth), but it's going to be hard - even on Easiest.

Never be Sagat, most readable character ever.

After trying this out online for the first time, they ought to rename it under the arcade mode as 'impossible'.

There are some mighty good players on there who clearly put the hours in. I am not one of them.

Still, 3 wins out of around 30 isn't too bad.

You know you're in for it when the opposition comes out with Gouken. I haven't even unlocked him yet... :giggle:

After trying this out online for the first time, they ought to rename it under the arcade mode as 'impossible'.

There are some mighty good players on there who clearly put the hours in. I am not one of them.

Still, 3 wins out of around 30 isn't too bad.

You know you're in for it when the opposition comes out with Gouken. I haven't even unlocked him yet... :giggle:

The standard on it is just something else, it really is. I went online and had about 15 fights, lost EVERY one of them. Its just discouraging when players are picking fighters you've never even heard of, let alone unlocked....

The standard on it is just something else, it really is. I went online and had about 15 fights, lost EVERY one of them. Its just discouraging when players are picking fighters you've never even heard of, let alone unlocked....

:unsure:

Gouken is not hard to unlock, and most players who use him are not that good.

I will agree with you both if your both relativly new to the series you'd probably find it a bit difficult and I'd stick to the player matches to start off with. I had a terrible start on it, won about 8 in 20. I've played over 200 games now though and my win percentage is above 70% most of them ranked games (1300 BP)

:unsure:

Gouken is not hard to unlock, and most players who use him are not that good.

I will agree with you both if your both relativly new to the series you'd probably find it a bit difficult and I'd stick to the player matches to start off with. I had a terrible start on it, won about 8 in 20. I've played over 200 games now though and my win percentage is above 70% most of them ranked games (1300 BP)

Two perfect matches are not the point. I'm struggling with trying to pull off three Super or Ultra Combos on the way to the top.

Two perfect matches are not the point. I'm struggling with trying to pull off three Super or Ultra Combos on the way to the top.

If your playing one round hardly suprising seeing as you need time to build your super bar thing up.

Theres a full list of what you have to do online, think you have to get aload of first attacks in as well.

So, confident of pulling this ultra combo off everytime I head online to give it a whirl.

Every frigging time I pull off the move, it gets dodged.

I've not hit it once. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

People are too good at this game - I'm not.

The whole game is about timing, if your just trying to hit people with Ultra combos the minute you get one and they get a chance to dodge they're going to. You want to time it so there in a situation where they can't dodge, i.e they've just pulled of a move that's left them open for a few seconds or time it as it catches them just as they land after jumping, best way is to stick at the end of a combo (Ryu, jump punch, uppercut, dragon punch, ultra combo) but thats getting a bit complicated.

Against even average players you have to pick your moments, combos/special moves are all good and probably make the difference between a good player and expert player but you want to concentrate on the above to start with. you'll win a few games by being patient.

Knowing what your the guy you playing is going to do before he does makes this a whole lot easier but that only comes with games.

Glad I bought this now, nearly didn't because of Alexei's paddy about the controls. I don't think the Xbox controllers are that bad for it, perhaps because I used to live on Capcom vs Snk on the Dreamcast. I happened to pull off my first ultra combo the first time I ever tried with Ryu, but it's clearly tricky to pull off everytime you want to. I'm really impressed so far with all aspects and concur with the IGN score, although I wish there were unique stages and tracks for each character, like in SF2.

The point is - no matter what move, only a few characters make it easy for you to pull them off. Although I have to admit I'm a casual gamer and certainly no hardcore type - I guess with the right amount of practise you could even do the ones for El Fuerte or Rufus...

Ryu, Ken, Dan, Sagat, Akuma (and Gouken?) are the best choices for beginners because the moves come rather naturally (you know, the clockwise and counter-clockwise stuff).

The point is - no matter what move, only a few characters make it easy for you to pull them off. Although I have to admit I'm a casual gamer and certainly no hardcore type - I guess with the right amount of practise you could even do the ones for El Fuerte or Rufus...

Ryu, Ken, Dan, Sagat, Akuma (and Gouken?) are the best choices for beginners because the moves come rather naturally (you know, the clockwise and counter-clockwise stuff).

Its rewards you for the hours you put in - it's an excellent game. I really really like it now. Although its difficult, it just keeps me coming back for more. I only need to unlock Akuma, Gouken and Seth now. Easy. :whistle:

Won a few online last nigth aswel. Got my Battle points up to 35, then lost them a load and went back down to 225. Its a brilliant game.

Its rewards you for the hours you put in - it's an excellent game. I really really like it now. Although its difficult, it just keeps me coming back for more. I only need to unlock Akuma, Gouken and Seth now. Easy. :whistle:

Won a few online last nigth aswel. Got my Battle points up to 35, then lost them a load and went back down to 225. Its a brilliant game.

I concur. It is a fantastic game. For some reason, it's the only game of its type for me that doesn't grow old with time. It's as much of a blast now as it was way back in the day.

Only better. :thumbup:

It requires hours of practice. Anybody managed to get past survival round 5 on normal difficulty? Now that is solid.

I concur. It is a fantastic game. For some reason, it's the only game of its type for me that doesn't grow old with time. It's as much of a blast now as it was way back in the day.

It requires hours of practice. Anybody managed to get past survival round 5 on normal difficulty? Now that is solid.

I've made it as far as Round 8. Hard.

The battlepoints thing was meant to be up to 350, not 35 lol

I need to have a go on the survival stuff.

Archived