Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Killzone 2

It arrives next month. It's likely to make a huge impact. It looks extremely impressive. It's looking like being the greatest FPS of all time. It's Killzone 2.

killzone_2_05.jpg

Two reviews are in so far...

100% Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believeable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009. [Feb 2008, p.38]

99% MEGamers

Killzone 2’s secret ingredient is the fluidity in gameplay that we have come to enjoy more than its graphical prowess or jaw-dropping visuals. And that’s what games have always been about... We're surprised to see Killzone 2 blows our expectations out of the water with a memorable SP campaign and a stellar MP component. To put it short, this game makes "Gears of War 2" look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!

I'm looking forward to this.

(Maybe they'll bring out a 2D platforming version on the Wii. :giggle: Probably wouldn't be able to take it though.)

It arrives next month. It's likely to make a huge impact. It looks extremely impressive. It's looking like being the greatest FPS of all time. It's Killzone 2.

killzone_2_05.jpg

Two reviews are in so far...

100% Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believeable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009. [Feb 2008, p.38]

99% MEGamers

Killzone 2’s secret ingredient is the fluidity in gameplay that we have come to enjoy more than its graphical prowess or jaw-dropping visuals. And that’s what games have always been about... We're surprised to see Killzone 2 blows our expectations out of the water with a memorable SP campaign and a stellar MP component. To put it short, this game makes "Gears of War 2" look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!

I'm looking forward to this.

(Maybe they'll bring out a 2D platforming version on the Wii. :giggle: Probably wouldn't be able to take it though.)

When i get a PS3 i will probably get this, but will it be the best FPS of all time, no.

Will it make Gears 2 look like a high school attempt? Dont make me laugh.

Hype is a terrible thing.

Another review in...

90% Playstation Official Magazine UK

Visually it's so far ahead of anything else out there it shatters your expectations...This is a PS3 showing what it's truly capable of and delivering a landmark piece of explosive entertainment you can't afford to miss. [Feb 2009, p.88]

It's going to be good.

Another review in...

90% Playstation Official Magazine UK

Visually it's so far ahead of anything else out there it shatters your expectations...This is a PS3 showing what it's truly capable of and delivering a landmark piece of explosive entertainment you can't afford to miss. [Feb 2009, p.88]

It's going to be good.

If it's only getting that off the offical Playstation magazine I doubt it will be that good.

I dunno about everyone else who played it, but I thought Killzone was more guilty of promising so much, yet not reaching it's potential than any other game I remember :unsure: ? It was enjoyable, but could have been even better imo.

Another 'official' review...

100% Playstation Official Magazine Australia

I'll say it again: Killzone 2 is the best console first person shooter ever. It will be bested one day, and that is as it should be, but this game has set the proverbial bar so high we reckon it'll be the king for a good long while... Hail to the king, baby. [Feb 2009, p.66]

Why so many doubters?

It will not disappoint.

I've just finished the demo.

I thought it was good and will definitely be buying it, as £29 on Play is a steal.

What did everyone else think?

Pffft.

It's alright for some ain't it? Gradel's downloaded this and is on it now and he started his download 30 minutes after mine.

I'm still waiting and it's now on 60%. :mad:

first of all WHAT A GAME!!

graphics amazing, gameplay great enemy A.I. NOT stupid!!

at first at jumped a bit when i loaded it up, but that doesn't mater now,

anyone not on this/getting this isn't a PS3 fan :P

A lot of people on the forums are complaining of unresponsive controls.

I'm saying this now... if it's not as sweet as COD4, then it's going to really annoy me.

That was part of the reason Far Cry 2 was a big let down. Controls were so sluggish.

controls are slow, but not that bad

Archived