Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Killzone 2

A lot of people are tuning the controls. Going to an alternate 2 setup?

This doesn't sound great.

I'd love to try it but I'm still wallowing at 65%.

i did that,

i changed it from the first controls to i think it's the 3rd, i.e. zoom as L1 etc

I feel left out now.

Still no response from Sony - I think thats a good thing though. Means they're considering it as they said they'd respond within 24 hours.

As for the controls on Killzone 2 - a few reviews i've read say the controls are meant to feel sluggishly realistic - people cant do a 360 degree turn in 0.2 seconds like on CoD in real life. So why should you be able to in a game. Forgive me if i'm missing the point though - i've not played it.

I feel left out now.

Still no response from Sony - I think thats a good thing though. Means they're considering it as they said they'd respond within 24 hours.

As for the controls on Killzone 2 - a few reviews i've read say the controls are meant to feel sluggishly realistic - people cant do a 360 degree turn in 0.2 seconds like on CoD in real life. So why should you be able to in a game. Forgive me if i'm missing the point though - i've not played it.

don't worry i agree, why shouldn't it be like real life,

i don't like playing as if your super human

The demo finally downloaded - took 4 hours to do so.

Fired it up and went through the demo twice (in 20 minutes). It's very short.

Everything about it was very impressive, graphics, AI, sound all top notch. But one thing is lacking somewhat. The controls.

The intial control setup is unplayable. It's like going through COD4 in slow motion. Terrible.

There are about 6 controller setups, and the only half decent one is 'Alternate 2'. This is most like COD4. There's still problems with it though.

People are saying it's slower so it can represent real-life motions more realistically, so somebody please explain why you can run, run, run and run some more without ever slowing down. Then while turning on the spot, initially controls are a little weighty and then turn on a sixpence? A little unresponsive. Unrealistic?

The game requires the use of cover, but to do so you hold down L2. But you zoom in with L1. Pressing both at the same time and then firing with R1 is very tricky. Not the natural thing to do. You can fire without L1 depressed, but you lose accuracy.

When zoomed in, if you run out of your clip, it doesn't automatically reload either. So you have to unzoom and then reload. It all slows the pace down, which is a shame, because the enemies are very agile, and move into cover extremely quickly.

I hope the control system is sorted out by Feb 28th.

For me, it's not slick enough. Everything else apart from the controls is. 4 years and this is the best set of controls they can come up with? Pfft.

When's the final version out? I can't be arsed to look for myself!

Enjoyed the demo though. Didn't find the controls too bad to be honest but I havent played COD for months so it was like starting shooting games afresh. Loved the AI of the enemy and the way they fly everywhere if you land a grenade in between a bunch of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got a chance to go on the demo last night - I can see what people mean about the controls now. Slow, but ultimately realistic. It looks awesome - graphics are excellent.

Pre-ordered from ShopTo - £32.99 for the steelbook edition. Guaranteed for release day.

Just over a week to go.

Well' i've just got round to playing the demo. Graphically its really good. Gameplays innovative, AI's impressive. Only thing i didnt like about the graphics is the blood effects, it looks rubbish for me, though i aprreciate how difficult it must be to get this right - MGS4's blood effects arent massively realistic. The demo is ridiculously short aswel.

And i can see what people mean aboit the contols - they feel too sensitive when stationary/in cover and not sensitive enough when moving,

Cant really say im massively anticipating this game - i think the amount of time i played CoD4 has made me slightly bored of the FPS genre in general.

Also, what is the Helghast cockney accent they have? Just why?

Well' i've just got round to playing the demo. Graphically its really good. Gameplays innovative, AI's impressive. Only thing i didnt like about the graphics is the blood effects, it looks rubbish for me, though i aprreciate how difficult it must be to get this right - MGS4's blood effects arent massively realistic. The demo is ridiculously short aswel.

And i can see what people mean aboit the contols - they feel too sensitive when stationary/in cover and not sensitive enough when moving,

Cant really say im massively anticipating this game - i think the amount of time i played CoD4 has made me slightly bored of the FPS genre in general.

Also, what is the Helghast cockney accent they have? Just why?

What I don't like, is how fidgety the controls are when trying to aim at a small target, I think COD has a small amount of autoaim or something on consoles? :dunno:

What I don't like, is how fidgety the controls are when trying to aim at a small target, I think COD has a small amount of autoaim or something on consoles? :dunno:

I dont think CoD has any sort of auto-aim - its just that when you look down the iron sight/red dot sight when pressing LT/R1, the speed at which the reticule moves decreases, whereas it seems the opposite happens here - it speeds up, and the tiniest little nudge and you've gone past your target.

Thats not how it should be - the hip fire aim is to get the reticule as close to the target as possible - and the iron sight/red dot is for precise movements to get the retcule aiming at the target.

I dont think CoD has any sort of auto-aim - its just that when you look down the iron sight/red dot sight when pressing LT/R1, the speed at which the reticule moves decreases, whereas it seems the opposite happens here - it speeds up, and the tiniest little nudge and you've gone past your target.

Thats not how it should be - the hip fire aim is to get the reticule as close to the target as possible - and the iron sight/red dot is for precise movements to get the retcule aiming at the target.

I dunno about COD but I know Bioshock has, seeing as you have the option of turning it off or not.

I dunno though, it's seems pretty easy to fire accurately from the hip on COD.

I dunno about OCD but I know Bioshcok has, seeing as you have the option of turning it off or not.

I dunno though, it's seems pretty easy to fire accurately from the hip on COD.

Depends what you're talking about - i'm just talking about online, so no auto aim, there probably is in the single player though.

I'm not getting Killzone 2 now. I might get it later on, but it's not an essential purchase.

The control system is a big let down, it ruins what appears to be a pretty solid game.

It's not as responsive as COD4 or Gears 2. Why? It's not good enough.

I feel similarly to you, but i'm gonna go for it and hope it blows me away.

Plus i need (what shoulf be) a solid game to test out PSN. I hope its not as laggy as on LBP when playing with others on created levels.

I dont think anyone gives a fuck do they?

Seems decent do far, but its no CoD4 killer.

I mean, this is a really good game online and offline so far, but i dont think CoD4 will ever be bettered online.

As for those of you complaining about the controls - well, it seems to have changed slightly to me, but i wouldnt bother if you didnt like the demos controls, because theyre certainly cut from the same cloth.

Also, it looks very Gears of War like - the world, even the armor/clothing the ISA wear. Theres even a character that bears a striking resemblance to Marcus Fenix.

I dont think anyone gives a fuck do they?

Seems decent do far, but its no CoD4 killer.

I mean, this is a really good game online and offline so far, but i dont think CoD4 will ever be bettered online.

As for those of you complaining about the controls - well, it seems to have changed slightly to me, but i wouldnt bother if you didnt like the demos controls, because theyre certainly cut from the same cloth.

Also, it looks very Gears of War like - the world, even the armor/clothing the ISA wear. Theres even a character that bears a striking resemblance to Marcus Fenix.

Getting mine tomorrow.

Worth getting?

If FPS's are your bag, then definitely. The graphics are excellent, enemy AI seems pretty advanced.

But i've only gave it a couple of hours.

Still dont massively like the controls.

Got it earlier.

Played a couple of hours on it , found it awesome so far. :D

Good stuff.

I wouldnt say tis groundbreaking as it should be, but i've not gave it enough time.

I've not given it enough time either mate.

In fact, I've not even bought it yet! :ph34r:

How bad is that?

I'm enjoying my new pc too much though. Going through Company of Heroes, Mass Effect, Bioshock etc, all on full settings has never been so much fun!

I seem to have a collection of games that I bought without playing so determined to work through some of those first even though I do really want this game. Resistance 2, Tomb Raider and then I can get on this

Archived