Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Killzone 2

I've got this game now. Seems really confusing and the sensitivity is shite!!

I'll get proper into it soon though... I hope! Though I do wish the aiming (auto lock on :whistle) was a bit more like COD4 :D

It's immense, I love it. :D

DB. I changed the sensitivity, and now it's better.

DB... :rolleyes: I don't call you Mikey! <_<

And what to? I've tried loads of different combinations but none of them work :(

I was indeed correct. :thumbup:

Do I need to get this now? Have you noticed anything different with the controls reverend?

When i booted it up, i noticed the update - took a few minutes. Thought it would just be a general update, same thing as you get with the 360. When a new game comes out, you tend to get a few updates in the first few weeks.

Anyway, I was playing away, and enjoying myself (due to a very drastic improvement in performance). I was playing bodycount (Team DM), first to 100 kills, and was getting around 10 kills, 5 deaths in a game, which is about top 4 or 5 performance i'd say. So yeah, i was finding it a lot better for some reason.

So anyway, i checked some sites, and one of them mentioned a controller tweak - when i was playing, i didnt notice it at all, but like i say, i seemed to have improved for some reason. I'm guessing thats probably it.

I would get it if i were you. Definitely.

When i booted it up, i noticed the update - took a few minutes. Thought it would just be a general update, same thing as you get with the 360. When a new game comes out, you tend to get a few updates in the first few weeks.

Anyway, I was playing away, and enjoying myself (due to a very drastic improvement in performance). I was playing bodycount (Team DM), first to 100 kills, and was getting around 10 kills, 5 deaths in a game, which is about top 4 or 5 performance i'd say. So yeah, i was finding it a lot better for some reason.

So anyway, i checked some sites, and one of them mentioned a controller tweak - when i was playing, i didnt notice it at all, but like i say, i seemed to have improved for some reason. I'm guessing thats probably it.

I would get it if i were you. Definitely.

I will get it. Just depends on when. I'm still on Gears 2 trying to get through that and SF4 is a distraction. I've still not finished Lost Odyssey either - about 40 hours in!

I will get it. Just depends on when. I'm still on Gears 2 trying to get through that and SF4 is a distraction. I've still not finished Lost Odyssey either - about 40 hours in!

You should get Killzone.

Best game out on either console, even better than COD4 online IMO. :thumbup:

You should get Killzone.

Best game out on either console, even better than COD4 online IMO. :thumbup:

I wouldnt go that far.

If FPS's are your bag, its a hell of a lot of fun. I've been playing bodycount (on my own, i dont really know anyone who has a PS3, let alone Killzone2, all my mates have 360's), and i've been loving it. Is it better than CoD4? No way. There are numerous reasons why CoD4 is better - the variation in gametype, its popularity, its matchmaking system, its open-ness to anyone who wants to play it. The list goes on. Dont get me wrong, and if you think Killzone is better than CoD4, fair play to you. Each to their own. The big thing for me is the graphics in Killzone2 - singleplayer, they are stunning. But i dont think they're any better than CoD4 online. Its so difficult to get the graphics up to scratch on the multiplayer.

I dont think its anywhere near as accessible as CoD4 either - Killzone2 will be a PS3 shifter, no doubt. But will it be as popular as CoD4? No way. I bet in 2 months time, there will still be more people playing CoD4 that Killzone2. And thats a massive feat, with there also being a new CoD out.

When push comes to shove, its great fun, but it just isnt groundbreaking. It doesnt really do anything that hasnt been done before. And i think thats the big aim for developers now. Doing the same thing with prettier graphics is not the way games will move forward - it just doesnt cut it.

You know, I played the demo and it was a massive disappointment, but ploughed on with my pre-order, played it for a while and was a still bit cheesed off, but now after getting used to the controls and learning to multiplayer maps, the game is fantastic!

I played COD again after a good few days of Killzone, and well, COD feels terrible in comparison. Nothing better than seeing a red glow in the distance and shooting a couple of bullets and getting a headshot!

I just joined a game a minute ago and someone saw my name 'Leicesterfan' then over the mic he says "ohh leicesterfan, BLUE ARMY!" haha, fantastic.

You know, I played the demo and it was a massive disappointment, but ploughed on with my pre-order, played it for a while and was a still bit cheesed off, but now after getting used to the controls and learning to multiplayer maps, the game is fantastic!

I played COD again after a good few days of Killzone, and well, COD feels terrible in comparison. Nothing better than seeing a red glow in the distance and shooting a couple of bullets and getting a headshot!

I just joined a game a minute ago and someone saw my name 'Leicesterfan' then over the mic he says "ohh leicesterfan, BLUE ARMY!" haha, fantastic.

:D

What's your PSN?

Oops, my bad. See that it is Leicesterfan now.

Fully agree with that statement. But i dont think it's as good as CoD.

I do really like it though, its a lot of fun.

COD is the online king but single player killzone absolutely destroys it.

Thats not saying much though is it? CoD4 was dreadfully short, but was decent while it lasted. From what i've heard, Killzone2 suffers from the same problem. I've played about the first chapter of the single-player. I've just really been on the multiplayer. Thats tells its own story for me.

Thats not saying much though is it? CoD4 was dreadfully short, but was decent while it lasted. From what i've heard, Killzone2 suffers from the same problem. I've played about the first chapter of the single-player. I've just really been on the multiplayer. Thats tells its own story for me.

Killzone is about 2-3 times longer than cod4 and a lot harder.

Killzone is about 2-3 times longer than cod4 and a lot harder.

I highly dispute your first claim. From what i can gather, the campaigns about 12-15 hours, compared to CoD4's 8-12. So not a great deal of difference. And the difficulty is all about what setting you put it on. CoD4 in parts on veteran is impossible, so if Killzones harder, then Geurilla games have fcked up because no-one plays it on that level anyway.

At the end of the day Blabyfox, you're just a PS3 fan boy who wants to make out Killzone is just specrtacularly good, when it just isnt. Its been done before. Dont get me wrong its good fun, an excellent game, but it isnt what its cracked up to be. Sorry.

I highly dispute your first claim. From what i can gather, the campaigns about 12-15 hours, compared to CoD4's 8-12. So not a great deal of difference. And the difficulty is all about what setting you put it on. CoD4 in parts on veteran is impossible, so if Killzones harder, then Geurilla games have fcked up because no-one plays it on that level anyway.

At the end of the day Blabyfox, you're just a PS3 fan boy who wants to make out Killzone is just specrtacularly good, when it just isnt. Its been done before. Dont get me wrong its good fun, an excellent game, but it isnt what its cracked up to be. Sorry.

What i meant was, on cod4 you can waltz through the single player pretty easily or wack it on veteran and die from a few shots - frustrating you massively but on killzone, if you keep it on the original difficulty setting it provides a challenging yet very endulging game which i don't think cod4 provides.

I also think that killzone is the best fps ever made, maybe the best console game ever made. But yes i'm a ps3 fanboy too :thumbup:

Archived