Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Visual Basic

Hey,

I am doing A level ICT and we are learning how to program using Visual Basic. I managed to make a program to show me a global variable when I clicked a button and I managed to make a simple web browser.

Are there any masters out there on it who can give me some advice please or just say what you have made?

Thanks

Hey,

I am doing A level ICT and we are learning how to program using Visual Basic. I managed to make a program to show me a global variable when I clicked a button and I managed to make a simple web browser.

Are there any masters out there on it who can give me some advice please or just say what you have made?

Thanks

I'm not a master by any means, but when I did my A Level Computing project last year I created a GUI in VB that queried a database, and displayed the outcome of the query.

Now I'm at uni being barraged by programming languages - Java, C++, Prolog, PHP, MySQL, HTML...fun fun fun!

I'm not a master by any means, but when I did my A Level Computing project last year I created a GUI in VB that queried a database, and displayed the outcome of the query.

Now I'm at uni being barraged by programming languages - Java, C++, Prolog, PHP, MySQL, HTML...fun fun fun!

No Lisp?

For shame.

Always a classic, but better if you can do the full CRUD cycle, i.e. Create, Read, Update and Delete item(s) in the database. :thumbup:

Always a classic, but better if you can do the full CRUD cycle, i.e. Create, Read, Update and Delete item(s) in the database. :thumbup:

Hmmm I'm doing to be doing A level IT next year... I know where to come if I need help :Dlol

Before choosing it DB11, i would research what course it is. Im currently doing A level I.t and it is rubbish!!!!. All we did for AS is research and write assignments!!!!! However a2 is becoming slightly more intresting doing database's and e-learning packages.

Be carful what course you pick!!!

Before choosing it DB11, i would research what course it is. Im currently doing A level I.t and it is rubbish!!!!. All we did for AS is research and write assignments!!!!! However a2 is becoming slightly more intresting doing database's and e-learning packages.

A Level Computing = Great

A Level ICT/IT = Crap.

Sorted

The courses at my college are only basic. I've picked A level IT so I'll be doing the AS next year followed by A2.

There wasn't 'Computing' or anything like networking or programming else I'd have gone for that

Archived