Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Football manager guilty pleasures

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=78708

This deserves a thread of its own as the other thread is for current games.

Quotes from the site :

Also, when I get there, I will still play the Champions League music before every CL game.
I use to talk to my self when pulling of a nice transfer, winning a nice match. My wives knows now, but in the past she used to think that I was either drunk of just insane.
Thinking about it, my wife heard me giving my Werder Bremen side a team talk in my sleep one night. She wanted to know who 'Thorsten and Tim' (Frings and Borowski) were and why I went them to show me more.
My mate did once played our Dutch national anthem before and international friendly between Holland and Sweden, he couldn't find the Swedish one.
After a good win I usually clap the fans (the bookcase behind me). Anyone else shout instructions from the sidelines with 'typical manager poses'.
I remember a similar thread years ago for FM06 (i think it was) were someone admitted to wearing a suit when he got to the CL final, sad in a way but bloody funny also
I'll occasionally stand up and scream if I score a goal or two at the last minute. I have clapped at the computer screen. I was once playing a network game with a buddy of mine and we had both reached the champions league final: Arsenal vrs Chelsea. It was a like two day preperation where we both meditated and planned our tactics against each others previous tactics. When fabregas scored the only goal in the 89th minute i jumped up and did a provocative dance for maybe 10 minutes. When we unpaused the game drogba scored in extra time...
The blinds are always down in my room when I play FM so the neighbours can't see me being a tool!
I can often be found paceing the touchline (my front-room, backgarden, bedroom, office etc) barking orders at my players clasping my head as a sitter is missed jumping around like a loon when we score, and generally kicking and heading every ball like my life depends on it.

I also often do my 'in head' press conferences in the car on my way to work.
Now the game is in 3D I have taken to using my chair as my seat in the dugout and gesticulating wildly at various players to get my point across - sometimes pausing the game to do so. Fortunately all this is done in the dead of night whilst my wife, kid and the neighbours are zonkered.
On more than one occasion I have been unable to sleep at night because I have been thinking about my current save
i heard of a bloke who got Queens Park to the Scottish cup final, and did the whole thing, he wore a suit and even had a pre-match meal
I spend my time at work pretending I'm on a featurette on Football Focus, we're hanging out shooting the breeze talking about how great I am
I've done many a jumping-out-of-the-seat-fist-punch-into-the-air after a particularly important result. Love it. My missus just ignores it now. I've had a few strange looks through the lounge window tho'.
I raise my junior football trophy and wear my gold medal which I once received in a junior football tourney,everytime I win a trophy.
I tend to do them in the car as well, generally pretending I'm talking on a radio phone in or something. I try to remember to put my hands free in first, so that other road users don't think I'm a mental.....
hahah i used to do a football focus style interview whilst walking my dog! just me and the reporter chatting as we walked great times!

I'll be honest i have been known to leave my seat during FML games.

I love the fact that you can taunt the opponent in FML as well.

Especially rubbing there noses in a defeat :crylaugh:

"I heard of a bloke who got Queens Park to the Scottish cup final, and did the whole thing, he wore a suit and even had a pre-match meal"

That is fooking brilliant!!

Back in the days of Champ 03/04, early FM's 2005/06 I'd usually do the postures i.e. Arms folded, point etc. and go fooking mental after big goals.

Always used to commentate to myself on games of Pes/Foifa too...

Really tempted to get back into FM after a good 3 years out.....Just seeing this thread and remembering what I was like on it.

I cheer like mad when I score and I do bark orders at my players.

I thought I was a crazy manager when I was wiping my arse whilst in the final game of the Serie B season for Parma.

Maybe I am sane after all.

Yeah true I do that too.

Especially if it's a game against rival and you score the winner in a 5-4 match...

When I was at school, I used to plan out my formations in my maths book. My maths teacher found them once and gave me a bollocking so I went out and bought a separate exercise book just for Champ Manager stuff, had them both open on my desk instead.

That was back in the bad old days when I was irretrievably addicted to that game. On 96/97 you could do these printouts, I blu-tacked them all to a section of my bedroom wall.

The guy wearing the suit for the Cup Final though, he's my new God. What an absolute superstar.

I'm fairly insane anyway, compared to most of you, but I let it show a plenty in FM.

I frequently catch myself commentating in thick regional accents, I very rarely sit down during important games, I often play rousing, inspirational music (or youtube videos of great speeches) and have even been known to interview myself out loud.

All part of the winning experience. :unsure:

I keep getting the great image of a bloke doing a FM cup final in his suit at the pc... lol

Up there with the funniest things I've ever heard.

Me too. Brilliant.

The SI Games forum can be very funny at times. I was reading a thread on there a few years ago about the stupidest things that had happened in peoples games and some bloke wrote a brilliant story about how Olof Mellberg was still on his game as a free agent, aged 84 with 1 for everything (made it sound funnier than that though). No idea whether it was true or not but he had screenshots and everything. I was reading it in the computer suite at uni and doing the clichéd laughing out loud and getting funny looks.

As music is always on in when I play...if I'm losing I always change the song. If it is early on enough in the match, it has sometimes worked!!

(Although it's probably just the game and nothing to do with the music selection!)

Pro Evo's actually gotten the most out of me. Was pissed off my tits playing as Japan against my mate as Brazil on Pro Ev 4 or 5 in halls of residence one night. Held him off for 115 minutes before bagging a cheeky winner and went bolting around the entire third floor with my shirt over my head.

I should reiterate I was hammered.

Pro Evo's actually gotten the most out of me. Was pissed off my tits playing as Japan against my mate as Brazil on Pro Ev 4 or 5 in halls of residence one night. Held him off for 115 minutes before bagging a cheeky winner and went bolting around the entire third floor with my shirt over my head.

I should reiterate I was hammered.

Even if you weren't hammered, it's still the funniest thing to do :P.

Did you gloat for the rest of the night :P??

As music is always on in when I play...if I'm losing I always change the song. If it is early on enough in the match, it has sometimes worked!!

(Although it's probably just the game and nothing to do with the music selection!)

lol I've done that before, normally skip through on random til I find an 'inspirational' one.

Mostly I just get pissed off when my players fuck up :P

Archived