Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Football manager guilty pleasures

This thread actually has made me start my 1st game in years.

Found FM 2007, which I didn't think I really cannot remember buying anyway needless to say that on my 1st game back when Hume bagged a winner at Portman road with 5 remaining.........

........I Went Fooking Bananas

lol I've done that before, normally skip through on random til I find an 'inspirational' one.

Mostly I just get pissed off when my players fuck up :P

Same. Bet every FM does that.

Of course. :thumbup:

Good stuff. Has he beaten you since??

Found FM 2007, which I didn't think I really cannot remember buying anyway needless to say that on my 1st game back when Hume bagged a winner at Portman road with 5 remaining.........

Don't blame me :thumbup:

Im in the same boat playing an older version of fm after a long break. Playing with Fiorentina. It says in there history they won the serie c2/b in 2003. I remember them getting relegated was that for match fixing?

FM07 is quality. Targetman tactics work a charm, cue get Luke Varney if you can.

My girlfriend still get a shock, when I suddenly burst out my venom and start shouting all sorts of abuse against my poor monitor, mostly due to conceding stupid goals or my star striker missing his third one on one. And I always have to finish a FM session with a win, which has cost me some serious sleep over the years.

When i was on my 29 season 96/97 game making Metz the best team in the world i used to record all my players stats season by season - i also did the final table printouts somebody already mentioned.

I know it's old but this thread reminded me of this classic..

I was managing Wales on FM 05 and played Men of Harlech at half time when we were 1-0 down in a vital Euro Qualifier to psych my players up. It worked too, Daniel Nardiello grabbed a brace and we won 3-2 to take the Dragons to the finals!

I was managing Wales on FM 05 and played Men of Harlech at half time when we were 1-0 down in a vital Euro Qualifier to psych my players up. It worked too, Daniel Nardiello grabbed a brace and we won 3-2 to take the Dragons to the finals!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I have a whole Managing Wales / Swansea playlist, tbfh.

A good old blast of Yma o Hyd when getting battered always raises spirits. :thumbup:

When i was on my 29 season 96/97 game making Metz the best team in the world i used to record all my players stats season by season - i also did the final table printouts somebody already mentioned.

LMAO

That is the funniest thing I've seen this year!!

Make that last 5 years!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

I have a whole Managing Wales / Swansea playlist, tbfh.

A good old blast of Yma o Hyd when getting battered always raises spirits. :thumbup:

As an Englishman managing Wales I feel I would have been criticised in the media for my policy of selecting quite a lot of English born players (like Nardiello, Andrew Davies etc.), so whipping them up into some patriotic fervour with Men of Harlech was the least I could do to instill a bit of national pride in my team! lol

That had me laughing so hard, so funny! :giggle:

Picture this. Playing Birmingham in the Championship play-off Final 2-0 down after 10 minutes due to the fact I have a 17 year old in goal who is crap (injuries, before you ask). With a drubbing on the cards I managed to win the game 3-2 with a 97th minute winner. During all this I'm making stupid noises and squitming all over the place......I then realise I'm at work and people are looking at me wondering why I'm not working.

Even in the SI offices you can get done for playing FM :(

Picture this. Playing Birmingham in the Championship play-off Final 2-0 down after 10 minutes due to the fact I have a 17 year old in goal who is crap (injuries, before you ask). With a drubbing on the cards I managed to win the game 3-2 with a 97th minute winner. During all this I'm making stupid noises and squitming all over the place......I then realise I'm at work and people are looking at me wondering why I'm not working.

Even in the SI offices you can get done for playing FM :(

How ironic!

Carrying on with my Millwall game, demolished PSV 8-0 in the Champions League. Alex Revell (goal machine) bagged four.

Got arrested for my disgusting verbal behaviour.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL.

Carrying on with my Millwall game, demolished PSV 8-0 in the Champions League. Alex Revell (goal machine) bagged four.

Got arrested for my disgusting verbal behaviour.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL.

Arrested? Im stil On FM 2008 is this a new feature?

• 4 months later...

I was playing the SPL once with a friend on a network game. I was Celtic, and he was Rangers. He was 2-0 up and started chanting the famine song down the phone to me.

I was shocked.

Archived