Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Football manager guilty pleasures

hahah i used to do a football focus style interview whilst walking my dog! just me and the reporter chatting as we walked great times!

Still brilliant.

• 1 year later...

Anyone still do anything like this?

I've ditched the golf-club mics and started using a compass instead, proper team talks, rollickings from the side lines and rants at the ref, plus wankering jestures at the visiting fans.

That's absolutely quality haha. Still do the old clapping the 'fans' after winning a big game. Also give the opposition manager an imaginery handshake if we win. I remember once, at about 2am i was playing as notts county in the league 1 play-off final, and was 4-3 down in the 88th minute. equalised in the 89th and won it in the 94th. took my shirt off, forward rolls, the lot! non-fm fans wouldn't understand :cool:

[/b]

That's absolutely quality haha. Still do the old clapping the 'fans' after winning a big game. Also give the opposition manager an imaginery handshake if we win. I remember once, at about 2am i was playing as notts county in the league 1 play-off final, and was 4-3 down in the 88th minute. equalised in the 89th and won it in the 94th. took my shirt off, forward rolls, the lot! non-fm fans wouldn't understand :cool:

lol lol. :appl:

Following on from what finners said about his Japan pes victory...

I was colossally pissed one night last summer and about 8 of us were playing PES 5 on ps2, 4 a side.

It was about 3am.

Merseyside Red v Merseyside Blue, the derby.

It was 7-7 going into the 80th minute, at one stage we were 6-2 down, what a comeback, and we were preparing for extra time. We held out until the 89th minute with a monstrous defensive display from Alan Stubbs and Tony Hibbert. Then, in the 89th, I break with Nuno Valente and he runs 70 yards and bags a beaut into the far corner, 8-7, the four of us went mental. Out onto the road we went, party blowers and cans of Fosters everywhere. Ended with a mass pile-on at the top of our road.

The stuff of absolute dreams.

Safe to say the neighbours weren't too happy, they just didn't understand the moment.

Following on from what finners said about his Japan pes victory...

I was colossally pissed one night last summer and about 8 of us were playing PES 5 on ps2, 4 a side.

It was about 3am.

Merseyside Red v Merseyside Blue, the derby.

It was 7-7 going into the 80th minute, at one stage we were 6-2 down, what a comeback, and we were preparing for extra time. We held out until the 89th minute with a monstrous defensive display from Alan Stubbs and Tony Hibbert. Then, in the 89th, I break with Nuno Valente and he runs 70 yards and bags a beaut into the far corner, 8-7, the four of us went mental. Out onto the road we went, party blowers and cans of Fosters everywhere. Ended with a mass pile-on at the top of our road.

The stuff of absolute dreams.

Safe to say the neighbours weren't too happy, they just didn't understand the moment.

:crylaugh:

Brilliant!

Nothing out loud. Ever :ph34r:

I had an epic Leicester team on FM 2010, got to about 2035. A lot of my players would have their own songs that i'd sing in my head when they did something good.

When I was younger I used to make lists of transfer targets, youngsters and their info, I'd sketch out my various formations and tactics and make my financial plans. All the classics.

The odd fist pump when an important goal is scored, and sometimes in my head i will my players on and start calling them allsorts of nicknames! When i do the fist pump and the missus is around she just looks at me strange, i tell her to **** off and go watch Eastenders

I am aiming though to buy a HD camera set it up in the corner of the room and when we score an important goal, run up to it and shout obsanties

When i was at School i would write down all of my players and there posistions then suss out best formations. I would also identify my weaknesses and figure out what posistions i need to fill in the transfer market.

FM08.

My Marseille side in the CL Final against Bayern Munich. Having won Ligue 1 by a mile along with the Coupe de France and the Coupe de la Ligue, this was the big one. 1-0 down with ten minutes to go, I thought my chance had gone so started to swear quite profusely.

82 minutes on the clock, free-kick on the edge of the area. Schweinsteiger sweeps it in. Tim Henman-esque fist pump as I start planning which subs to bring on for extra time.

Then something ridiculous happens, Bayern Munich don't fancy extra time and start throwing everything at me. A misplaced pass from them and I hit them on the break. 89 minutes gone, Lorik Cana, in and out of the starting XI all year, scores.

I go mental, stub my toe on the radiator and fall on my knee leaving bruising. I limped for a week afterwards and my neighbours must have thought I was certifiable. Couldn't care less, I'd won the Quad.

Then I moved onto Arsenal to replace Wenger, finished 5th and got sacked the following season. FM is a cruel mistress.

On penalty shootouts, on TV view (don't like 3D much), I'll just stare at my own player involved, whilst continuing to say 'go on (players nickname I've given him)' in the hope that my staring process will cause him to become invincible lol.

If there's a HUGE victory, there's a double fist pump and a loud cry of 'Come on! Get the fuck in!'. All other victorious moments are greeted with a 'Well Done' accompanied with a singular fist pump.

After Simon Church bagging a hat trick in the last 5 minutes to beat forest 5-4 in the play off final. I got out my seat screaming " HAVE THAT EARNSHAW YOU WHALE LOOKALIKE ****" whilst running out of my room. I then ended up falling down my stairs but just laughing with joy afterwards. I was glad I was home on my own at the time lol.

Archived