Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Final Fantasy XIII

The game is due for release in Japan in December this year.

Expect the US and European versions some time in April 2010.

Go to the official website - the soundtrack feels very FF somehow.

As for this year, there's a few decent RPGs coming out - White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean, Mass Effect 2 (? possible), Diablo 3.

Then there's Lost Odyssey - fantastic turn based RPG on 360 - best £3 I ever spent on a game.

• 11 months later...

I will be getting this but the reviews for it aren't particularly ground-breaking.

It will take a lot to top Mass Effect 2 this year but I don't think this will.

FFX was one of the greatest computer games ever made.

Awesome game. This doesn't seem to hold up as well although it looks pretty. But then it's FF so you'd expect that.

Leona Lewis as part of the soundtrack? :S

A limited amount of summons that look like transformers? :(

Lifeless characters? :nono:

A tech world instead of a fantasy universe?

These are all points I don't like about the newest installment and I remain sceptic.

FF XIII has already gotten one mediocre review so far from PSM3 (it scored 70%, although they usually tend to give out harsh notes).

Not too convinced by the looks of it, but I guess in the end, I'll still get the game.

I also wonder what achievements they'll implement, this being the first ever FF game released on the XBOX360.

• 4 weeks later...
Is this meant to be any good?

Liked all of the previous versions of this I've played.

It's supposed to have over 100 hours of game play, which will make it massive. It's been a long time in coming so I'm hoping it'll be as good as the others I have played.

Loved the story line of FF X but couldn't get in to FF XII. I just hope this is equally as good as X, if so I'll be happy.

Is this meant to be any good?

Liked all of the previous versions of this I've played.

All reports suggest it will take 60 hours.

The first 20-30 hours are nothing more than a linear slog and the game is being heavily criticised for this. You can make no choices whatsoever as to your party makeup for the first 30 hours and it's full of long drawn out cutscenes. Even battles are scripted and there is next to no surprises.

After the first 30 hours, should you stand it that long, the game opens out a little and you can customise your party and travel where you want.

The story is going to make or break this game. If it doesn't match up to the quality of FFX then I'll lose interest quickly.

As for which version to get, the PS3 is superior graphically as everything is in 1080p compared with 576p on 360. Even the 360 cutscenes aren't high-def. The port this time is given the rough treatment on 360 for a change. However, there have been reports of slowdown on the PS3 version and some texture tearing.

The game itself is only getting mid 80s scores in the main. Edge magazine only gave it 50 :whistle:

I would wait until this comes down in price and get God of War 3 instead. This game will be the greatest game on PS3 to date and possibly ever, there is no doubt of that.

All reports suggest it will take 60 hours.

The first 20-30 hours are nothing more than a linear slog and the game is being heavily criticised for this. You can make no choices whatsoever as to your party makeup for the first 30 hours and it's full of long drawn out cutscenes. Even battles are scripted and there is next to no surprises.

After the first 30 hours, should you stand it that long, the game opens out a little and you can customise your party and travel where you want.

The story is going to make or break this game. If it doesn't match up to the quality of FFX then I'll lose interest quickly.

As for which version to get, the PS3 is superior graphically as everything is in 1080p compared with 576p on 360. Even the 360 cutscenes aren't high-def. The port this time is given the rough treatment on 360 for a change. However, there have been reports of slowdown on the PS3 version and some texture tearing.

The game itself is only getting mid 80s scores in the main. Edge magazine only gave it 50 :whistle:

I would wait until this comes down in price and get God of War 3 instead. This game will be the greatest game on PS3 to date and possibly ever, there is no doubt of that.

Fairly sure I read that was just the cutscenes and the actual gameplay is 720

Archived