Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

DVD Burning Help

I just downloaded a film and a bit confused about the contents...

There are about 30 .rar files and then a load of file extensions like .r.30 through too r.90

How do I put these onto a disc and do I need to extract all the .rar files?

I'm scared :cry:

Tch! Tch! Tch!

:D

• Extract all of the contents of the zip to a folder.
  • Double click on the very last RAR file which should simply be something.rar
  • Inside should be the film file
  • Extract that to the destination of your choice and it will unpack all of the other rar files
  • Film ready for watching :thumbup:

Tch! Tch! Tch!

:D

• Extract all of the contents of the zip to a folder.
  • Double click on the very last RAR file which should simply be something.rar
  • Inside should be the film file
  • Extract that to the destination of your choice and it will unpack all of the other rar files
  • Film ready for watching :thumbup:

Our just right click on the first rar and select 'extract here'

Joe thats exactly what I had, so I extracted the first .rar file (which contained a .iso file) to somewhere I could easily find it. Then, I burned it to a dvd-rw using Ashampoo... it was really easy.

So if i create another folder, and extract the first .rar file to it, the rest will follow? and i'll be able to burn it?

So if i create another folder, and extract the first .rar file to it, the rest will follow? and i'll be able to burn it?

When you extract it, it will just be an iso file, assuming you have image burning software, just burn it with that and it'll play. I downloaded the dvd rip of 'The boy in the striped pyjamas' burnt it with Ashampoo (it is sooo easy with that) and it plays on my PS3.

When you extract it, it will just be an iso file, assuming you have image burning software, just burn it with that and it'll play. I downloaded the dvd rip of 'The boy in the striped pyjamas' burnt it with Ashampoo (it is sooo easy with that) and it plays on my PS3.

Well using Dvd Shrink when i try and open the file it says:

"The system cannot find the specified file"

and using 1click i can't open the file.

link to Ashampoo (pm :whistle: )

Looks like a Real Player media file to me :D

Get an Archos media player and be done with those daft disk things.

Got one, but i still like to watch dvds on my tv.

still trying to follow it that way, but it wont let me burn it :@

Then I guess you didn't extract the rar file but just one of the components

Their goes that plan then :@

Daggers dont suppose you fancy writing a "Fools Guide to burning dvds" do you?

Just for me :P

So when i downloaded from torrents where to i go from their?

As I said above, highlight the first rar file, right click and then chose extract here. It will then extract all the rars into one file.

Then use VSO to convert and burn to a dvd. You should find VSO with cracks etc on most torrent sites. VSO can handle all video files.

As I said above, highlight the first rar file, right click and then chose extract here. It will then extract all the rars into one file.

Then use VSO to convert and burn to a dvd. You should find VSO with cracks etc on most torrent sites. VSO can handle all video files.

thats what i did, and it ended up as a realplayer file, changed it to nero and still didn't work

Don't suppose you have a link do you? :whistle: pm please

Link sent. Sorry its to a tracker site and not something I have ftp'd but I am at work until gone 8 tonight.

Are you sure its a real player file and not something that your pc has associated with real player.

When you have VSO installed, load the file by selecting add file and then go to preferences>burn and check the burn box and the delete image after burn so you dont get big vob files hiding in your pc. And dont forget to put a dvd in your burner.

Hope that helps.

Just for anyone else having problems with this type of file

Its basically a xvid,and you can just burn them directly to disk using nero (selecting "burn as data"),either onto a CD or DVD disk ,You can also use a Free program called imageburn http://www.imgburn.com/

You must have a DVD player that is compatible with this format,most new ones are these days,if not, you can pick one up for less than £30

btw if you put it on a dvd disk,you can put as many on as you can fit,i normally put at least 5 on at one time

Okay, not worth starting a new topic for this, but I want to download movies and not have them in 10 different parts, and have not used torrents before so don't have that software, can someone help me out here?

Okay, not worth starting a new topic for this, but I want to download movies and not have them in 10 different parts, and have not used torrents before so don't have that software, can someone help me out here?

It is better to download a rar library than a single file for something as large as a movie because if something is corrupt you only download the replacement rar and not the whole file again.

It is better to download a rar library than a single file for something as large as a movie because if something is corrupt you only download the replacement rar and not the whole file again.

Makes sense, but then how do I put it in the same file?

Archived