Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

• 2 weeks later...

Taking down the old shed to put in a skip.

Tools of choice are a sledgehammer and an axe. I can't wait!!!

make sure someone's filming you in case you have an accident and it falls on your head or something ,

that way at least you might get on "you've been framed" :thumbup:

Edited by Zingari

Wacom-Bamboo-Pen-tablet.jpg

:wub:

Thinking of buying one soon, for college. How do you find it mate? Easy to use etc?

Cheers mate :thumbup:

EDIT: Because FoxyPV is a grammar nazi. :whistle:

Edited by Mee

Thinking of buying one soon, for collage. How do you find it mate? Easy to use etc?

Cheers mate :thumbup:

It would be a bit of a waste of money to cut it up and make a collage out of it. Surely using it for note taking in college would be far more useful?

• Like 2

It would be a bit of a waste of money to cut it up and make a collage out of it. Surely using it for note taking in college would be far more useful?

lol lol.

Well, that's made me look like a twat.

I've never used one before, the first couple of hours took a lot of getting used to. You will have to sit, be patient and practice with it until you get used to it. It's a bit odd.

I bought the £80 one with touch sensitivity (otherwise identical to the £50 one without) and I'm not sure yet whether I blew my money because, to be honest, I've had it switched off since realising the reason my cursor was going all over the place was because you can't really have it on whilst drawing because both the side of your hand and the pen are trying to move the cursor at once, haha. Obvious when you think about it but I got genuinely frustrated before I realised. lol

Been doddling away all day today, though, on Photoshop and to be honest now I'm getting the hang of it it's absolutely incredible. I'm sure given another few days it'll just be second nature and just the same as pen-and-paper.

It's a Wacom Bamboo, a graphics tablet. It's an input device for your computer that you use like a pen, the active area of the pad represents your entire computer screen and wherever you move the pen, the cursor goes. It allows you to draw far more accurately than you would otherwise be able to do so with a mouse. It's basically drawing straight on to your computer. If you use something like photoshop then you can do anything from graphite to marker pen to oil painting, all with an over-glorified stylus. It's cool.

Jai Mcdowell beating Ronan Parke in the Britains got talent final floats my boat so much.

Didn't know Jai Mcdowell floated your boat. Didn't know you swung that way. Wow, the secrets of the Mee household Davidos!

I've never used one before, the first couple of hours took a lot of getting used to. You will have to sit, be patient and practice with it until you get used to it. It's a bit odd.

I bought the £80 one with touch sensitivity (otherwise identical to the £50 one without) and I'm not sure yet whether I blew my money because, to be honest, I've had it switched off since realising the reason my cursor was going all over the place was because you can't really have it on whilst drawing because both the side of your hand and the pen are trying to move the cursor at once, haha. Obvious when you think about it but I got genuinely frustrated before I realised. lol

Been doddling away all day today, though, on Photoshop and to be honest now I'm getting the hang of it it's absolutely incredible. I'm sure given another few days it'll just be second nature and just the same as pen-and-paper.

Sound good mate. I can imagine it taking a while to get use to. Cheers buddy.

It's a Wacom Bamboo, a graphics tablet. It's an input device for your computer that you use like a pen, the active area of the pad represents your entire computer screen and wherever you move the pen, the cursor goes. It allows you to draw far more accurately than you would otherwise be able to do so with a mouse. It's basically drawing straight on to your computer. If you use something like photoshop then you can do anything from graphite to marker pen to oil painting, all with an over-glorified stylus. It's cool.

My handwriting's too shit for that.

The Mee brothers are busy bitching with each other yet we all have seen evidence of them involved in sexual relations (see Emoticon thread).

I was going to buy one of those before, but then I put it off by telling myself I wouldn't draw enough with it. There's only so many doodles you can do before you have to do something worthwhile and I lost my creative spark years ago when I dropped art at school haha. Not to mention Photoshop isn't the easiest thing in the world to use.

Sounds decent, scanning stuff in and using photoshop is a right ball ache sometimes. Not bad for 50 squids as well.

Yeah I think it's fantastic value, really. I mean it's the cheapest Wacom you can get and the active area is reasonably small, you can pay well up into the hundreds for a more professional one which is sort of essential for more serious use. I know a few people who do graphics and games design at university and they've got massive ones that cost a bomb. But Wacom are to tablets what Apple are to MP3 players so you're essentially getting the best.

My handwriting's too shit for that.

The writing tool is only really useful if you're a slow-as-ass typist. I touch type quickly like a genuine nerd so it'd really slow me down, I only draw with the tablet.

I was going to buy one of those before, but then I put it off by telling myself I wouldn't draw enough with it. There's only so many doodles you can do before you have to do something worthwhile and I lost my creative spark years ago when I dropped art at school haha. Not to mention Photoshop isn't the easiest thing in the world to use.

That was my biggest concern, at first, the amount I'd use it. Fortunately I'm in a position now where I'm earning enough to not notice what I paid for it's gone from my account. When I was a bit more hard up I held out, admittedly.

I wouldn't be put off by Photoshop, though. Photoshop is only as taxing as you want it to be; if you're content drawing black and white line-art as you would with a fine-liner or a pencil then it's incredibly simple. I want to learn to do proper digital shading eventually but at the moment I'm content just using 'shop's basic pen and eraser tools.

Edited by Sosban Fach

Yeah I think it's fantastic value, really. I mean it's the cheapest Wacom you can get and the active area is reasonably small, you can pay well up into the hundreds for a more professional one which is sort of essential for more serious use. I know a few people who do graphics and games design at university and they've got massive ones that cost a bomb. But Wacom are to tablets what Apple are to MP3 players so you're essentially getting the best.

The writing tool is only really useful if you're a slow-as-ass typist. I touch type quickly like a genuine nerd so it'd really slow me down, I only draw with the tablet.

That was my biggest concern, at first, the amount I'd use it. Fortunately I'm in a position now where I'm earning enough to not notice what I paid for it's gone from my account. When I was a bit more hard up I held out, admittedly.

I wouldn't be put off by Photoshop, though. Photoshop is only as taxing as you want it to be; if you're content drawing black and white line-art as you would with a fine-liner or a pencil then it's incredibly simple. I want to learn to do proper digital shading eventually but at the moment I'm content just using 'shop's basically pen and eraser tools.

You are such the (derogatory adjective) nerd