Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

Aimlessly faffing about at cashpoints just to really piss off the people behind you in the queue.

Tactics include: randomly pressing buttons (perfect this and you can even play little tunes with the 'button beeps'); taking card in and out several times, preferably upside down and back to front; start blankly at the screen until you've heard at least 3 people behind you tut loudly; rummage through handbag for purse... rummage through purse to find alternative card... repeat above process several times over; request a printed balance... then an onscreen balance; find mobile and frantically press buttons on mobile as if looking for pin number; surreptitiously glance at the reflection in the screen to see whether there are at least a dozen frustrated people in the queue behind you; finally, turn around, smile inanely and walk off content that you've at least amused yourself for a good 5 minutes or more. :cool:

:devil:

:whistle:

Aimlessly faffing about at cashpoints just to really piss off the people behind you in the queue.

Tactics include: randomly pressing buttons (perfect this and you can even play little tunes with the 'button beeps'); taking card in and out several times, preferably upside down and back to front; start blankly at the screen until you've heard at least 3 people behind you tut loudly; rummage through handbag for purse... rummage through purse to find alternative card... repeat above process several times over; request a printed balance... then an onscreen balance; find mobile and frantically press buttons on mobile as if looking for pin number; surreptitiously glance at the reflection in the screen to see whether there are at least a dozen frustrated people in the queue behind you; finally, turn around, smile inanely and walk off content that you've at least amused yourself for a good 5 minutes or more. :cool:

Slow Weekend?

Marry me.

lol

I also love to do this too. I sometimes check my balance and then go back to main screen back and forth a few times. Or take some money out, put it in my wallet, then put same card in and take out a bit of extra money too.

Sometimes there are cash machines which say 'receipts aren't available....do you wish to continue'. I purposely press no a few times lol

Marry me.

lol

I also love to do this too. I sometimes check my balance and then go back to main screen back and forth a few times. Or take some money out, put it in my wallet, then put same card in and take out a bit of extra money too.

Sometimes there are cash machines which say 'receipts aren't available....do you wish to continue'. I purposely press no a few times lol

Now, you see, AoWW was just joking to take the piss out of a post in the Grinds My Gears thread. If you're serious and you not only do this but are proud of it - you are a complete and total ****ing bellend.

And no, I don't think that's an overreaction.

I'm not an impatient stress-head, away from FT I'm a fairly relaxed, pretty casual sort of person. But I can't abide people who thrive on intentionally wasting other people's time.

You SERIOUSLY do that? To be honest, I'm calling bullshit.

Fair enough if the person behind you is being a huffy, impatient nob and you just want to drag it out a little bit longer as a form of payback - a lot of us would do that.

But to just waste people's time, intentionally, just to be childish and spiteful? I'd hope you'd have to be a knuckle-dragging little chav shit to actually bother.

You SERIOUSLY do that? To be honest, I'm calling bullshit.

Fair enough if the person behind you is being a huffy, impatient nob and you just want to drag it out a little bit longer as a form of payback - a lot of us would do that.

But to just waste people's time, intentionally, just to be childish and spiteful? I'd hope you'd have to be a knuckle-dragging little chav shit to actually bother.

I have done it sometimes, not all the time, to annoy people like you say as 'payback'.

I normally start to walk up and stop to get my card out. It's then the woman nips in, starts going through her handbag, then shopping bag, digs her purse out from the bottom, ope her card wallet then asa anotherwalsh..... post.

If I don't wait i carry on walking till I get to the next machine prepared and ready to insert.

I normally start to walk up and stop to get my card out. It's then the woman nips in, starts going through her handbag, then shopping bag, digs her purse out from the bottom, ope her card wallet then asa anotherwalsh..... post.

If I don't wait i carry on walking till I get to the next machine prepared and ready to insert.

That sounds so wrong! :o:blink:

Got a good mixture in my slowcooker. Chicken portion, sausages, potatoes, mushroom, chicken soup, noodles, chicken oxo, mixed veg, chiulli pepper. Its all cooking slowly now. Enough to top it up a couple of days and with some mince will make it last a few days. Cheapish meals for the weak. Had a taste and it seems ecible.

What grinds my gears is how much of a complete air-head I can be at times. >_<

However, what floats my boat is how legendary some people are and their random acts of kindness/compassion in response to my utter dumb-blondness. :blush:

Take yesterday, for example. I'd written lots of christmas cards - just had to buy some stamps then put them in the post. Had been (what I thought) quite efficient and bundled them all together with an elastic band 'round 'em before taking them into town with me because I was meeting a friend for some drinks. Anyway, at the end of the evening I hand her a carrier bag with her chrimbo pressie in and wish her well.

Today, I've spent far too much time hunting high and low - at home, at work, in the car - for the bundle of cards... before it slowly dawned on my that I just might have put them in the bag with her pressie. :doh: So I text her. Sure enough, she replies to tell me that, yes, she's put stamps on them and posted them for me. :worship: Made me smile on what had been a pretty crap day. :cool:

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen