Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

Watching the local Christmas and NEW year game "The Ba". A no holds barred street football game involving several hundred blokes ( there is an under 16's boys version but the women's was banned as too rough) lasting several hours. It started at 1300 today and is still going on. 71648_10151028569487168_1975262029_n.jpg

Is that Monday's? I don't listen to it so much since I started cycling/running to work but this might be as good a time as any to start again!

Yes, it was Mondays podcast. Definitely a good time to start again (although I think James Richardson is away for this Thursdays). I find myself refreshing the Guardian football page on Mondays and Thursdays, waiting for it :blush:

(Nige's mention was in the Hardest Manager discussion).

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the local Christmas and NEW year game "The Ba". A no holds barred street football game involving several hundred blokes ( there is an under 16's boys version but the women's was banned as too rough) lasting several hours. It started at 1300 today and is still going on. 71648_10151028569487168_1975262029_n.jpg

Looks pretty boring and meaningless

DB's right though : lol:.

I'd also be wary of being needlessly violated as it looks like a massive sausage-fest.

Also, guy to the right of the picture, white jumper and looks like a mini-Mascherano, looks like he's casually taking a piss lol

It is a massive sausage-fest, he said the womens version was banned for being too rough.

I'm more bothered by the chap in the where's wally jumper, straight up from the chap in the barcelona shirt, looks like he is violating someone.

I've been seriously considering this lately. What made you do it?

A few reasons really.

• I was going on there loads out of habit and as if I had some kind of attention deficit disorder (e.g. watching an episode of Breaking Bad and decide to check Facebook half way through – why?!?!)
  • I spent far too much time reading status updates of people that I have no idea who they are (i.e. people from school that I didn’t even know then, nevermind 20 years later)
  • My Mum is on there
  • Believing that I was “in touch†with someone because I liked their status now and again instead of actually being in touch
  • The fact that approximately 98% of all the people that matter I am in touch with outside of Facebook

I'm not taking the whole thing too seriously, if I decide that I miss seeing photos or some of the funny banter you get involved in then I'll reactivate it but for now I'm pretty happy with the decision.

A few reasons really.

• I was going on there loads out of habit and as if I had some kind of attention deficit disorder (e.g. watching an episode of Breaking Bad and decide to check Facebook half way through – why?!?!)
  • I spent far too much time reading status updates of people that I have no idea who they are (i.e. people from school that I didn’t even know then, nevermind 20 years later)
  • My Mum is on there
  • Believing that I was “in touch†with someone because I liked their status now and again instead of actually being in touch
  • The fact that approximately 98% of all the people that matter I am in touch with outside of Facebook

I'm not taking the whole thing too seriously, if I decide that I miss seeing photos or some of the funny banter you get involved in then I'll reactivate it but for now I'm pretty happy with the decision.

That sounds about right (thankfully my mum's not on it haha). I've found it to be pretty distracting and it's usually just people either complaining or humblebragging. I only really use it to keep in contact with a few friends who moved abroad. I may take a Facebook sabbatical too.

A few reasons really.

• My Mum is on there

The thing that annoys me the most about people deactivating Facebook is they tend to take the moral high ground, act as though they're better for not needing Facebook, and then tend to come crawling back a couple of weeks later. I like your approach. I've tended to be quite ruthless as to who appears in my newsfeed etc. so after seven years it's still not annoying me too much. The benefits (group messages and picture sharing) are still outweighing the cons.

Guest BlueBrett

I haven't had it for about 18 months but I have been thinking lately about reactivating it. Starting to think the convenience it offers is perhaps worth the intrusion, especially since I've moved about quite a bit over the last few years