Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

Fresh air.

Started noticing a funny whiff similar to crap around the outside area a couple of weeks ago. Recently lifted the lids on my 3 manhole covers to try and get to the bottom of the matter and two of them were full of sewage. Nearly honked. Who knows what was in there as all houses up from us send their piss, excrement and shower droppings through my back garden pipes and down the hill. After seeing and smelling that it took me a few hours to start on a packet of Fig Rolls that I'd been planning on eating.

Called out the Rod guys and they jetted the pipes through and disinfected the contaminated area. Turns out there's roots or something growing through the pipes, probably from my/Gods back garden tree. £200 it cost me for the jetting but the fresh air is marvellous.

It's times like these that you realise just how great our whole sewage system is.

Premier local corner shops .( those with the purple and yellow signs)

OK , I'm as bad as the next for bemoaning the loss of local corner shops and then going out and buying all my stuff at Tesco , but Premier are doing a flippin good job of getting good value stuff into corner shops again

I might try and do a lot more shopping at their shops after my week of lifestyle observance . :)

Fresh air.

Started noticing a funny whiff similar to crap around the outside area a couple of weeks ago. Recently lifted the lids on my 3 manhole covers to try and get to the bottom of the matter and two of them were full of sewage. Nearly honked. Who knows what was in there as all houses up from us send their piss, excrement and shower droppings through my back garden pipes and down the hill. After seeing and smelling that it took me a few hours to start on a packet of Fig Rolls that I'd been planning on eating.

Called out the Rod guys and they jetted the pipes through and disinfected the contaminated area. Turns out there's roots or something growing through the pipes, probably from my/Gods back garden tree. £200 it cost me for the jetting but the fresh air is marvellous.

It's times like these that you realise just how great our whole sewage system is.

The sewers in my back garden are the last port of call for 6 households crap before it goes into the streets main system. It used to block up and flood their gardens every now and again but its been ok since.....

The bloke 2 doors away (Derby fan lol ) decided to open the drain cover and use his jet washer to unblock it. As he kicked his top of the range industrial jet washer up I thought to myself "this aint right" so I walked (ran) to the front garden, I looked back to see what can only be described as a 1980`s coke advert but with shitty piss spray as the blow back engulfed him like a thick pea souper. I hit the floor, laughing like a cross between Muttley and Sid James and after about 20 seconds of watching him spit poo and wee I think I lost consciousness.

I still laugh when I think about it, one of the funniest things i`v ever witnessed lol

• Like 2

Being able to sort out the central heating, made me feel like a man, all I did was bleed the radiators and top up the water pressure, but it felt good. This inspired we to screw some things to the door too, now I'm going to have a nice long bubble bath, and float my boat in there.

Due to wife sadly being horribly ill over weekend which was a bit of a worry, I had to look after the boy all weekend despite having about 200 things to do.

I have to say though, we went out and had some really nice time together. I'm now really behind with other things, but I wouldn't change that weekend. He's only 1 year old but he's a joy to be around.

Being able to sort out the central heating, made me feel like a man, all I did was bleed the radiators and top up the water pressure, but it felt good. This inspired we to screw some things to the door too, now I'm going to have a nice long bubble bath, and float my boat in there.

You became a real man this day captain .

No more frivolous christmas or birthday presents ,it's B&Q gift vouchers for you :D

• Like 1

Ahhh DIY at its finest lol

No beer talk please I'm still in the withdrawal stage.

Withdrawal method eh? You old fox!

Still, glad you've found another vice to take your mind off of it.

Don't leave it too late.

Old Crafty Hen bottled beer . ( not to be confused with old speckled hen)

3 bottles for a fiver at tescos today

lovely stuff :)

Got 21 bottles of it in the conservatory!