Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What floats my boat.....

When a garages quotes you far less than you anticipate for work needed doing on your car - first time that's ever happened to me, and it feels amazing!

Until you go to collect your car and they tell you they found countless more faults with it, hence the original quote has increased by £xxx :P

Edited by AoWW

Until you go to collect your car and they tell you they found countless more faults with it, hence the original quote has increased by £xxx :P

No it's my friend's dad's garage, so I was half-expecting mate's rates but the amount of faults they found, I was bracing myself for a horrible shock. When he said the total I was most impressed

Maybe that's because the last 2 problems I had with my old car ended up costing twice what I originally expected so now I completely overestimate garage costs

No it's my friend's dad's garage, so I was half-expecting mate's rates but the amount of faults they found, I was bracing myself for a horrible shock. When he said the total I was most impressed

Maybe that's because the last 2 problems I had with my old car ended up costing twice what I originally expected so now I completely overestimate garage costs

I just assume that anything that needs doing to my car will cost more than the car's worth! :D

Haha probably a good way to go about it.

A friend of mine never used to spend over £500 on a car, knowing that if it broke down/needed major work for an MOT, he could scrap it for £150 and just buy another for a couple of hundred extra. His cars always last him 2 years and barely costs him anything. Then he bucked the trend last year and spent all his money on a Mercedes A Class... it's cost him hundreds in repairs already and he drives really carefully. Reckon he'll part ex it for a clapped out old Citroen AX soon (that'll last him 5 years with no work required on it)

I might be doing some press work at V Festival next weekend  :fc:

good on you.

Next Tuesday we have visitors from the head office of the Lottery Fund. They want to see if we have used the grant they gave us. They actually want to see it all spent because it will show we have used it for what we asked for. They are visiting the Coffee republic in the morning for News Cafe, Apex for the DNO editors/newsroom meeting then onto Radio Leicester to the College of Journalism training session.

Then after we are getting on our knees to beg for more funding. It's gonna be a fun (working) day.

bundesliga highlights

Agreed! The presenter seems a bit dodgy though. Some sentences I can understand her fully; others not so much! 

Good highlights, though, all throughout the show. Not much analysis needed and just majority of screen-time is dedicated to football. More football, less talk is the way to go. 

Back in around 2008 I used to be a flight simmer. Started around 2004 and me and my mate from school used to play for many hours. Used to be in "Virtual Airlines" online, speaking proper radio commands on the VATSIM server. My first one was Virtual RAF where I gained successive promotions as a Typhoon pilot, then moved onto Thomson Airlines. 

Well thought I'd have a go tonight :wub: God I still love it, still have the skills as well  :cool: Sad as **** but a great community it has tbh