Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

A Tribute to Leicester City!

Wowzer... I can't believe the positive reaction this song has received. I thought I'd just say hello... I'm Dave, the guy who wrote it - although of course I have to credit Billy Joel with the melody! I've been a City fan since 1990... I write songs now and then mostly for my own amusement but I made a video and put this one on YouTube because I thought other City fans might appreciate it... and I'm really pleased that many people have. I can't deny that if the club ever got hold of it and played it at the Walkers I would be extremely proud, but reading these comments has more than made it worth it.

If anybody does want the mp3, e-mail me your address to [email protected] and I'll happily send it to you.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

It's a bloody heroic effort. I've just sent you an email about the mp3 :thumbup:

Wowzer... I can't believe the positive reaction this song has received. I thought I'd just say hello... I'm Dave, the guy who wrote it - although of course I have to credit Billy Joel with the melody! I've been a City fan since 1990... I write songs now and then mostly for my own amusement but I made a video and put this one on YouTube because I thought other City fans might appreciate it... and I'm really pleased that many people have. I can't deny that if the club ever got hold of it and played it at the Walkers I would be extremely proud, but reading these comments has more than made it worth it.

If anybody does want the mp3, e-mail me your address to [email protected] and I'll happily send it to you.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Hero!

Deserve all the credit you get for it aswell pal, must of took up alot of your time to write that and then to make it into a video. Fairplay mate. You should definetly send it to the club as they may like something like this for the 125 year next year.

Legend.

Hero!

Deserve all the credit you get for it aswell pal, must of took up alot of your time to write that and then to make it into a video. Fairplay mate. You should definetly send it to the club as they may like something like this for the 125 year next year.

Legend.

Been done. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum, it gets better every time I listen to it. Would like a high res mp3 please as youtube has awful compression rates o. E-mailed, and once again top stuff. :thumbup::chant:

All those memories in a song,great work!!

They need to use this.

It's simply superb :cool:

agreed.

it fits in perfectly with their anniversary ideas for next season - talk of all the players people alive today following the club would know about.

they release the song, sell it for their chosen charity and.. what .. 2-3 thousand are sold minimum i would say... good few quid for their charity..

this song is the nostalgia ride we all want from an anniversary season.. :thumbup:

Could this be the very first thing ever to unite opinion on this forum?

lol "...oh no he's offsiiiiide!"

I doubt it - I'm sure the related duo of FIAB and DB11 will pop up with something inane.

"Matt Elliott on TV, turning Marcel Desailly." :cool:

Superb piece of work.

I listened and jotted down the words so anyone who fancys a singalong, here are the lyrics, bear in mind there might be a few bits wrong or spelt wrong.

__

John Sjoberg, lloyd dyer, no nonsense spencer prior

phill gee breaking free, david lowe

kasey keller USA, darren eadie fit to play

lee philpott, whitlows shot?

danny tiatto

neil lennon on the ball, davie speedie after all

played for free, summerbee, drapers close control

ponters kalmark marking tight, young and old tommy wright

frank sinclair unaware that thats another own goal

heros in blue and white, the team that we adore since 1884

they make my dark days bright, when im feeling grey, i think of filbert way

lineker playing fair, walshie here there everywhere, bruno n'gotty tony cottee super tim flowers

stevie howard number 9, gudjonsson from the halfway line, claridge shin sends it in under twin towers

julian joachims pace, martin keowns pretty face, the legend alan birchenall m-b-e

kevin pooles clean sheet, the ball at lenny glovers feet, and playing at filbert street roberto mancini

heros in blue and white, when i feel depressed, think of the city crest

they'll not give up the fight, foxes never quit you can be sure of it

elvis hammonds blue suede shoes, simon grayson hates to lose, junior lewis we all knew his passport said brazil

worthingtons golden tan, fans idol ladies man, impeys skill, colin hill, tony james, one nil

paul dickovs turn and shot, gary parker from the spot, shirt off ade akinbiyi showing off his muscles

franz carr up the wing, tricky trevor benjamin, hes got no hair but we dont care, kevin kevin russell

heros in blue and white, if i'm feeling low then i always know, 3 points on saturday night, will pick me up once more, it does the trick for sure

thomson in to equalise, de vries was pele in disguise, people speak of the technique that steve lynex had

matt elliot on TV turning marcel dessaily, the wall of bricks between the sticks peggy arphexad

zoko kalac substitution, pat kisnorbos distribution, darren kenton, graham fenton, guppy would provide,

ian hume could not try harder, lily nalis 30 yarder, DJ cambpells through, no hes not, hes offside

heros in blue and white, i can rely on you, the boys from LE2 cause whatever my plight i know a leicester win will give my face a grin

matty fryatt in the box, jamie lawrence dreadlocks, ian marshalls falling socks, izzets scissor kick

emile heskeys england call, savage starts a 12 man brawl, ormondroyd 8 foot tall, collymores hat trick

local boy matt heath, ewan roberts missing teeth old phil gilchrist, keith weller sorely missed

matty pipers farewell score, arthur chandler goals galore, taggart going into war, give me more and more and more

heros in blue and white, even when im sad, i know its not that bad, everythings alright

cause when you smile its true, the whole world smiles with you...

I listened and jotted down the words so anyone who fancys a singalong, here are the lyrics, bear in mind there might be a few bits wrong or spelt wrong.

__

danny tiatto

lineker playing fair, walshie here there everywhere, bruno n'gotty tony cottee super tim flowers

stevie howard number 9, gudjonsson from the halfway line, claridge shin sends it in under twin towers

julian joachims pace, martin keowns pretty face, the legend alan birchenall m-b-e

kevin pooles clean sheet, the ball at lenny glovers feet, and playing at filbert street roberto mancini

elvis hammonds blue suede shoes, simon grayson hates to lose, junior lewis we all knew his passport said brazil

worthingtons golden tan, fans idol ladies man, impeys skill, colin hill, tony james, one nil

paul dickovs turn and shot, gary parker from the spot, shirt off ade akinbiyi showing off his muscles

franz carr up the wing, tricky trevor benjamin, hes got no hair but we dont care, kevin kevin russell

heros in blue and white, if i'm feeling low then i always know, 3 points on saturday night, will pick me up once more, it does the trick for sure

thomson in to equalise, de vries was pele in disguise, people speak of the technique that steve lynex had

matt elliot on TV turning marcel dessaily, the wall of bricks between the sticks peggy arphexad

zoko kalac substitution, pat kisnorbos distribution, darren kenton, graham fenton, guppy would provide,

ian hume could not try harder, lily nalis 30 yarder, DJ cambpells through, no hes not, hes offside

heros in blue and white, i can rely on you, the boys from LE2 cause whatever my plight i know a leicester win will give my face a grin

matty fryatt in the box, jamie lawrence dreadlocks, ian marshalls falling socks, izzets scissor kick

emile heskeys england call, savage starts a 12 man brawl, ormondroyd 8 foot tall, collymores hat trick

local boy matt heath, ewan roberts missing teeth old phil gilchrist, keith weller sorely missed

matty pipers farewell score, arthur chandler goals galore, taggart going into war, give me more and more and more

heros in blue and white, even when im sad, i know its not that bad, everythings alright

You have far too much tome on your hands lol

__

danny tiatto

His every line is spot on.

Martin Keowns pretty face :crylaugh:

Archived