Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlabyFox

My PS3 is broken

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

OK, ps3 owners know that when you turn it on the red light goes green and turns on BUT today when i tried it it flashed yellow, then kept flashing red and wouldn't turn on. I've unplugged, reset, held power button. I don't know what to do.

I know i'm sad but i feel physically sick. I'm 15 and i spend £400 on that.

I have had mine for over a year now and never had any issues... Might sound stupid, but are people looking after their console properly, I mean turning it on and off properly, not sending messages during gaming... having a lot of crashes prior to their console dying?

I have noticed during the loading sequences - such as if someone is making a substitution in FIFA and a message is sent the game crashes, things like that can't be good for the system.

Is it a 60gb? If it is then alot of these, like mine, are breaking at the minute with the same fault.

Dont really know why, something to do with it being the release console or some shit.

Anyway if you ring sony i think they are charging £145 to get these replaced, which is ridiculous.

BASTARD SONY. HAVE TO PAY £145 FOR NEW 80GB PS£ WHICH IS WORSE THAN 60GB.

OBVIOUSLY LOSE ALL MY SAVE GAMES, ALL MY TROPHIES, ETC.

:mad::@ If Leicester don't beat MK i might just kill someone.

Also why doesn't the edit function work? tried to change PS£ to PS3 but edit won't work

Also why doesn't the edit function work? tried to change PS£ to PS3 but edit won't work

Judging by the caps, you had the shift key held in?

Have Sony changed their policy or something?

Mine broke a last year sometime and was out of warranty by about 6 months I think, I phoned Sony and it really was simple, Alot more simple than I expected they took my details, gave me a Customer Number/Code should I need to chase anything up, they gave me a rough estimate to when a courier was going to come who would take my bust PS3 and replace with a new one. Job done.

2 other people I know also had the same service, couldn't have been easier.

Forgive my ignorance - I don't take too much notice of these type of things (It determines price/saved date and stuff so spose I should) I think mine is a 60gb, but that wouldn't make any difference to returns policies, especially when faulty/broke surely?!

I'm sure I read something about a guarantee/fault barr code type thing along as you still have this attached they would replace it.

Edit - I tried to find my thread when my PS3 broke but can't find it, think this forum has been cleaned up and my thread was probably deleted then maybe.

P.S - My Edit seems to work.

Have Sony changed their policy or something?

Mine broke a last year sometime and was out of warranty by about 6 months I think, I phoned Sony and it really was simple, Alot more simple than I expected they took my details, gave me a Customer Number/Code should I need to chase anything up, they gave me a rough estimate to when a courier was going to come who would take my bust PS3 and replace with a new one. Job done.

2 other people I know also had the same service, couldn't have been easier.

Forgive my ignorance - I don't take too much notice of these type of things (It determines price/saved date and stuff so spose I should) I think mine is a 60gb, but that wouldn't make any difference to returns policies, especially when faulty/broke surely?!

I'm sure I read something about a guarantee/fault barr code type thing along as you still have this attached they would replace it.

Edit - I tried to find my thread when my PS3 broke but can't find it, think this forum has been cleaned up and my thread was probably deleted then maybe.

P.S - My Edit seems to work.

Since then mate' loads of ps3s are breaking so Sony has realised they can't just replace broken ps3s, £145 it cost me

Since then mate' loads of ps3s are breaking so Sony has realised they can't just replace broken ps3s, £145 it cost me

This is true but what I was told was the majority of the time it is the Hard Drive that is fooked and causes other problems - So what they do is they take your old PS3 referb the Hard Drive/PS3 then the one they send you in replacement for your bust PS3 is a referbed one, so basically as you send yours in someone elses which has been fixed is sent to you, they fix your's and send it to someone else who's PS3 has got a problem. You get me?!

Obviously this would cost them in labour for the people fixing them and possibly parts but on a whole wouldn't cost them alot so wouldn't be exactly losing much, although in business any loss in money is bad.

That's what I was told anyone.

Fucking disgusting. But then mine was brand new virtually, broke, and they said the same thing to me.

They replace the consoles with what you had before though, i.e give them a 60gb and they will give you a 60gb back from what i've heard.

Fucking disgusting. But then mine was brand new virtually, broke, and they said the same thing to me.

They replace the consoles with what you had before though, i.e give them a 60gb and they will give you a 60gb back from what i've heard.

not for me. i had a 60 but they're giving me an 80.

Archived