Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Website Deisgn, XHTML Code, and the like

I've been looking into this on the net, and playing about a bit with XHTML from a simple step by step guide.

Anyone else into this and could advise me on a decent software package, (Preferably not DreamWeaver as I don't have £300+, and it's only to mess about with... for now) reference material or just general advice?

And may I add - I looked at some of the coding for this site. If this was created from scratch using XHTML then very impressive work! (it's still an impressive site if it wasn't.)

It's not hard to get Dreamweaver using a torrent or something...

I've been looking into this on the net, and playing about a bit with XHTML from a simple step by step guide.

Anyone else into this and could advise me on a decent software package, (Preferably not DreamWeaver as I don't have £300+, and it's only to mess about with... for now) reference material or just general advice?

And may I add - I looked at some of the coding for this site. If this was created from scratch using XHTML then very impressive work! (it's still an impressive site if it wasn't.)

Well it's a piece of software (IPB) that you have to pay for. http://www.invisionpower.com

Not really what your looking for but I think this free school is pretty class (no pun intended)

Haven't really had the time to play around and learn some stuff but here is the link for anyone that does.

http://www.w3schools.com/

That's where I learnt a lot of my stuff from! Top site. :thumbup:

You can use a good program called Aptana - it's what I have been using and does the job, and it also supports PHP. Link

And its free! :thumbup: If you need to use Apache and MySQL etc, I suggest using a package called Xampp which does the job!

I've been looking into this on the net, and playing about a bit with XHTML

This is a rocky road - one minute you're changing the font size and the next you'll be knee-deep in Clisp code wondering where half your life went.

I am a Graphic Design student at DMU and have to use Dreamweaver and it is BY FAR the easiest and best thing to use for web design... but I have a little secret that you might like for this so you don't need to pay.

Firstly, download the 30-day trial of Dreamweaver CS4 from the Adobe website... you need to sign up to their site but it's free and not that much of a hardship really. Once you have done this... DON'T choose the option of the 30-day trial but enter any one of the serial codes from this YouTube video and it'll work perfectly. The only downfall is that everytime you quit Dreamweaver and then try to open it up again it'll ask you for another serial code... but there are so many on the website that you can just use another one and it's fine. Plus as you're only messing around with it, it's a good way to do it properly for free! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdqVPxUPmQ...feature=related

Hope this helps... has already managed to allow me to do all the work I need so far for the course so I recommend it! :thumbup:

I am a Graphic Design student at DMU and have to use Dreamweaver and it is BY FAR the easiest and best thing to use for web design... but I have a little secret that you might like for this so you don't need to pay.

Firstly, download the 30-day trial of Dreamweaver CS4 from the Adobe website... you need to sign up to their site but it's free and not that much of a hardship really. Once you have done this... DON'T choose the option of the 30-day trial but enter any one of the serial codes from this YouTube video and it'll work perfectly. The only downfall is that everytime you quit Dreamweaver and then try to open it up again it'll ask you for another serial code... but there are so many on the website that you can just use another one and it's fine. Plus as you're only messing around with it, it's a good way to do it properly for free! :)

Hope this helps... has already managed to allow me to do all the work I need so far for the course so I recommend it! :thumbup:

You'd have thought someone in Adobe's accounts department would have notice this! But thanks, I may well give it a go. But it is rather brain taxing. As a side thought, I was trying to produce some messed up version's of well know websites, but sadly it's really hard to spot bits in the code that you can mess about with. (and that are any good!)

Or just download a decent copy via torrent and run the serial code generator and only enter it the once.

There are a lot easier ways to do it.... :S. Such as:

Or just download a decent copy via torrent and run the serial code generator and only enter it the once.

There are a lot easier ways to do it.... :S. Such as:

Well yes... but I wasn't too sure if it would work and whether or not it would have viruses... so thought it best just to do it the other way... though I could download the generator now which would stop me having to get a new one every time. :)

Well yes... but I wasn't too sure if it would work and whether or not it would have viruses... so thought it best just to do it the other way... though I could download the generator now which would stop me having to get a new one every time. :)

Even if it has viruses just remove them once you've got the program. You still keep Dreamweaver just remove the viruses :)

Notepad. Real men code everything with notepad.

notepad is for, in the immortal words of Arnie 'girlymen'. Real men use vi. Anything where the following isn't a useful set of commands is pointless:

xa &&var=='EU')[escape key] Ga }else{ } [escape key]:wq

what more could you want?

(and yes, my day job does involve pretty much grepping around ridiculous tcl and loads of vi while being bitched at down the phone)

Archived