Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Gaming drought

Has anyone had a look at the up coming releases across all systems heading towards the summer?

One word: poor.

The only two titles that have me half interested are these...

Prototype (multiformat release)

prototype-20070820033227914_640w.jpg

and

inFamous (PS3 only)

infamous_01.jpg

If anybody can shed any light on anything else that gets a big thumbs up, put it in here.

It's a big :yawn: through to the summer.

Has anyone had a look at the up coming releases across all systems heading towards the summer?

and

inFamous (PS3 only)

infamous_01.jpg

If anybody can shed any light on anything else that gets a big thumbs up, put it in here.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Speaking of Prototype, check that out. Looks mental!

Dont forget to click the HD button.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="315"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Speaking of Prototype, check that out. Looks mental!

Dont forget to click the HD button.

Looks good,

and

inFamous (PS3 only)

infamous_01.jpg

You're right though to be fair mate, Prototype's out in June, but between now and then, theres NOTHING.

Lucky for you that you've not played Resi or Killzone 2 - i'm sure they'll keep you occupied for a few months during the drought.

Loads coming out towards the end of the year though.

Little list here that may interest people...

The Godfather II - 09/04/09

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 29/5/09

Red Faction: Guerilla - 26/06/09

Ghostbusters - 26/06/09

Prototype - June, not confirmed

I Am Alive - 01/07/09 - Never noticed this one until earlier, check the trailer out, which was released in June 08

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Bioshock 2 - 20/10/09

Modern Warfare 2 - 13/11/09

Infamous - 25/09/09

Uncharted 2 - 30/10/09

Mass Effect 2 - 27/11/09

Lost Planet 2 - 27/11/09

Dead Rising 2 - 04/12/09

Its a pretty insteresting line-up for 2009, with some good games already being released this year.

If you're looking later on into the second half of the year, there are two possible gems for the PC...

...Diablo 3 and Dragon Age.

Diablo 3 looks great but Dragon Age is an unknown quantity. However, it's BioWare - Mass Effect 1 (and 2) - behind it, so there's reason to be pretty optimistic.

It's been a while since the greatness that was Baldur's Gate on PS2, these two could fit the bill perfectly.

If you're looking later on into the second half of the year, there are two possible gems for the PC...

Diablo 3 looks great but Dragon Age is an unknown quantity. However, it's BioWare - Mass Effect 1 (and 2) - behind it, so there's reason to be pretty optimistic.

It's been a while since the greatness that was Baldur's Gate on PS2, these two could fit the bill perfectly.

Starcraft 2 is out later this year.

For those of you that remember playing the original game this should be highly anticipated. One of the great RTS' of the 90's

Would hate to sound un-geeky in this wonderfully geeky forum. However, I was under the impression the summer was for, ya know, lounging about in the sun, drinking, playing a little cricket prehaps, just generally taking advantage of the weather. As oppose to playing computer games all day. Granted the summers in this country don't always allow for this but still.

That's why there are no games coming out, and it's a normal accurance every year there is normally sod all out in the summer.

i went into game at the weekend and saw that the chronicles of riddick game remake is coming out soon.

borrowed the original of someone on the xbox, was an awesome game so i can only see the remake which i think is just made better with graphics and stuff plus extra levels being better. So if im remembering rightly, this will an awesome game for those looking for something to play.

EDIT: just found out you can get the demo on xbox live, im just off to download it now and would reccomend it going by the original.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are into RPGs, then why not try this?

Runes of Magic. It's a MMORPG similar to World of Warcraft. Difference? It's ABSOLUTELY FREE! Everything is free. FREE. Even the game is free.

I'm downloading this now, although it'll take a while - it's 3.5 gb.

The reviews look pretty good.

This should keep PC owners busy until the summer - if you like your RPGs of course.

If you are into RPGs, then why not try this?

Runes of Magic. It's a MMORPG similar to World of Warcraft. Difference? It's ABSOLUTELY FREE! Everything is free. FREE. Even the game is free.

I'm downloading this now, although it'll take a while - it's 3.5 gb.

The reviews look pretty good.

This should keep PC owners busy until the summer - if you like your RPGs of course.

I'll give it a download though Virgin wont like it.

Diablo 3 looks great but Dragon Age is an unknown quantity.

Starcraft 2 is out later this year.

Blizzard have already announced that they won't make two major releases this year, and with SC2 already announced, it means Diablo 3 is out in 2010 at earliest.

Blizzard have already announced that they won't make two major releases this year, and with SC2 already announced, it means Diablo 3 is out in 2010 at earliest.

Indeed, however, by the fact that from the FAQ page on the starcraft 2 site they have taken away the 'Spring 2009' release date and changed it to 'At this point, it’s too early to provide an estimate of the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible' I think it is very possible that Diablo 3 has been brought forward and SC2 will be released next year. Beta tests are however taking place for SC2

I'll give it a download though Virgin wont like it.

The website is a joke. I tried downloading the game from the official site and it was downloading at about 30kb/s! What a joke. It took 3 hours to do 300mb of a 3.5gb download! So I gave up.

You can get it through a mirror site which appears to be quicker. However, since the download is 2gb+ it says explorer can't handle files of this size. Is this true? They recommend using firefox.

Indeed, however, by the fact that from the FAQ page on the starcraft 2 site they have taken away the 'Spring 2009' release date and changed it to 'At this point, it’s too early to provide an estimate of the release date. As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible' I think it is very possible that Diablo 3 has been brought forward and SC2 will be released next year. Beta tests are however taking place for SC2

Nah, Diablo 3 is still in the design and conception stage. They're probably aiming at a autumn/x-mas release for SC2 while Diablo 3's release date probably ranges between spring to x-mas 2010

Nah, Diablo 3 is still in the design and conception stage. They're probably aiming at a autumn/x-mas release for SC2 while Diablo 3's release date probably ranges between spring to x-mas 2010

Would make sense, Activision - Blizzard, the parent company believes the release date to be late 2009, you can already pre order it on amazon.

Diablo 3 seems to be coming out either late next year or early 2011.

Once Starcraft 2 has been completed they are contemplating a fourth Warcraft strategy game.

Google is a wonderful thing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
inFAMOUS has now landed right bang in the middle of my radar.

infamous_01.jpg

First review is up on IGN - they gave it 90%.

This could be my first PS3 purchase since, since, errrrmmm... Resistance 2?!?!

Hopefully Prototype will be equally as good as this.

Looks pretty special , this might be one of my first games i play on when my ps3 arrives

Archived