Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Torrents Problem

The throttling Virgin are applying to my account is getting stupid now - unless I download overnight the internet grinds to a halt for everything...not much cop for my all bells and whistles package I pay for.

Not happy.

I can see Virgin being given the boot very soon and we'll try Sky instead.

*Currently doing 16.5Kbps downloading Slumdog, Role Models and Yes Man - - Virgin wankers.

The throttling Virgin are applying to my account is getting stupid now - unless I download overnight the internet grinds to a halt for everything...not much cop for my all bells and whistles package I pay for.

Not happy.

*Currently doing 16.5Kbps downloading Slumdog, Role Models and Yes Man - - Virgin wankers.

Im using Sky, and its brilliant. The no fair use policy is great for us downloaders.

I pay alittle extra for the broadband max package though and the speeds are fast, and ive just had a letter saying they're doing upgrades shortly to make it even faster.

I download at 1.2Mb/s on most things, but thats because im a member of a great torrent site, probably one of the best around. RevolutionTT.

Signups are very very rare, but i have 3 invites left, and am willing to share out aslong as your not hit and run, and upload what you download.

Let me know.

Not happy.

I have this problem also. They say I am in the Top 5% of downloaders. So what If I am? I pay for my internet!?

Not happy.

I get the same. Average speeds of about 24kbp/s unless I'm downloading an album with about 325372 seeds, no peers and the file's only about 60meg. In which case I can hit the dizzy heights of 120kbp/s on a good day.

Utter balls.

I was wondering why I couldn't stream the cocking radio earlier without blips every couple of seconds. Has it got worse lately? I'd assumed it was the computer because its been playing up and the internet was perfectly fine before I left for uni.

I was wondering why I couldn't stream the cocking radio earlier without blips every couple of seconds. Has it got worse lately? I'd assumed it was the computer because its been playing up and the internet was perfectly fine before I left for uni.

There's a guide

that's pretty good for increasing torrent speeds.

I download at 1.2Mb/s on most things, but thats because im a member of a great torrent site, probably one of the best around. RevolutionTT.

Your not a member of ScT then. The best tracker.

ADSL24 provide a very good service with no throttling.

When I was borrowing my neighbours internet I was getting great download speed using uTorrent. Since getting our own set up with Talk Talk it's complete balls. Recently it's not even downloading even though it says it has connected to loads of seeds/peers. The connection to the internet is fine though and noticed in the Speed Guide menu in uTorrent that sometimes you need to forward your port or something... any ideas if that works/how to do it?

I get the same. Average speeds of about 24kbp/s unless I'm downloading an album with about 325372 seeds, no peers and the file's only about 60meg. In which case I can hit the dizzy heights of 120kbp/s on a good day.

Utter balls.

I don't understand why I can only get about 50 seeds (on a good day) when there are a few hundred or even more.

It's still quick enough for an album obviously, but when I'm getting a discography or some episodes of something, I'd prefer it to be quicker. :huh:

Archived