Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
peterborofox

Funny Incident Before the Game

Did anyone see the argument between Mike Stowell and a Posh groundsman before the game yesterday?

It was very early must have been about 11am. For whatever reason the goal where Stowell and the 3 keepers wanted to use for practice had was boxed off with rope and a couple of small flags. Stowell went and pulled the flags and rope down and threw them all behind the goal and began using the goal for shooting practice.

Then this little fat bloke, who I presume was the chief groundsman, came over and started to get in an arguement with Stowell and the lads over the use of the goal. At this point there were chants of 'You don't know what you're doing'.

This was followed by the fat bloke and his two colleagues putting the flags and rope back where they were before in front of the goal. Following more arguements Stowell and the lads moved to the left of the goal and used the by-line instead. Then the few hundred of us who were there early gave a lot of abuse and boo's to these groundmen before Stowell and the lads decided to constantly shoot at the goal to the sound of cheers everytime they scored. Then the fat bloke seemed to get fed up with the abuse and being made a fool off and just pulled the flags and rope out of the ground and just slowly walked off!!!(again to the sounds of abuse and cheering from us.)

This was probably my highlight of the day as the only real chance I thought we got all game was when Gradel smashed a ball that looked like going in only to hit Hayles in the back which really summed up our day!

Following my comments I was just wondering what other funny things other Foxes fans have seen this season......

Oh and wish me luck going to school tomorrow!!!!!! <_<

Did anyone see the argument between Mike Stowell and a Posh groundsman before the game yesterday?

It was very early must have been about 11am. For whatever reason the goal where Stowell and the 3 keepers wanted to use for practice had was boxed off with rope and a couple of small flags. Stowell went and pulled the flags and rope down and threw them all behind the goal and began using the goal for shooting practice.

Then this little fat bloke, who I presume was the chief groundsman, came over and started to get in an arguement with Stowell and the lads over the use of the goal. At this point there were chants of 'You don't know what you're doing'.

This was followed by the fat bloke and his two colleagues putting the flags and rope back where they were before in front of the goal. Following more arguements Stowell and the lads moved to the left of the goal and used the by-line instead. Then the few hundred of us who were there early gave a lot of abuse and boo's to these groundmen before Stowell and the lads decided to constantly shoot at the goal to the sound of cheers everytime they scored. Then the fat bloke seemed to get fed up with the abuse and being made a fool off and just pulled the flags and rope out of the ground and just slowly walked off!!!(again to the sounds of abuse and cheering from us.)

This was probably my highlight of the day as the only real chance I thought we got all game was when Gradel smashed a ball that looked like going in only to hit Hayles in the back which really summed up our day!

Following my comments I was just wondering what other funny things other Foxes fans have seen this season......

Oh and wish me luck going to school tomorrow!!!!!! <_<

I feel for ya mate.

And I didn't see it, Peterborough hit the bar in the first 15 mins apparently, but I would have no idea of that thanks to the roadworks in Narborough that held us up :@.

Mr Posh is a legend. He's been our mascot for as long as I can remember. He gives the sweets to kids (leave it!) and is a good bloke. I much prefer him to some twat in a furry suit - we had a rabbit a few years back called Peter Burrow. Ugh.

Mr Posh is a legend. He's been our mascot for as long as I can remember. He gives the sweets to kids (leave it!) and is a good bloke. I much prefer him to some twat in a furry suit - we had a rabbit a few years back called Peter Burrow. Ugh.

That sounds dodgier than the bloke with sweets in his pockets! >_<

lol

Horrendous. I think Man City's has to be the worst in the league though. Moonchester the Alien, what the fuck?!?!?!

Peter Burrow? Good lord!

Archived