Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Funeral music

When my mate got smashed under a car in Maidstone it resulted in a funeral like none I'd been to before - it was a true celebration of life.

The hearse drove down the two long lines of bikes, on passing each pair the stationary riders popped the revs to the red line. The sound was raw, rage at the world who robbed us of a friend. The service started with AC/DC's Back in Black before it was time for the burning and Hells Bells pounded the crematorium.

So, what would you have? A song for when they look at your coffin - a song for when you burn:

Air - Dead Bodies. Title's apt, song's suitably unhinged and ethereal in equal measure. I don't think I can think of anything else than combines those two qualities actually.

I'd also quite like New Order's Ceremony for some reason.

In all seriousness, I'd like to go leaving those who know me with a sense of the essence of me, to leave them laughing at the pathetic character who they loved - so it would probably be some almighty, imperial piece of classical music like Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor...leading into Benny Hill's Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West or Right Said Fred by Bernard Cribbins.

Saves The Days' "At Your Funeral" would be an obvious choice, but it's too emo for my taste somehow. lol

"How To Disappear Completely" - another tear-jerker?

I opt for something smooth and simple: Pete & The Pirates and "Moving".

I heard of the aussie guy who in his will wanted everyone decked out in ac/dc gear, and wanted them all head banging as he came in to highway to hell. legend

for me low man lyric - metallica, or maybe a good protest song - rockin in the free world. coming in

going back out again.. get your hands off my woman by the darkness, just in case anyones eyeing her up... get your hands off of my woman mother f....er!

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go

The Used - I Caught Fire (In Your Eyes)

Aerosmith - I Dont Want To Miss a Thing

Any of them

:thumbup:

I'd love to go with Time of Your Life (Good Riddance) - Green Day.

The lyrics are so fitting.

Obviously my funeral will be a sad day, and I wouldn't want people's enjoyment of a song ruined for the future by bursting into tears with the memory of my loss still hurting. This is why I want Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen to be played. I forking hate that song, and refuse to listen to it, and I don't see why anyone else should either.

I've always said that I want "If You're Happy And You Know It Clap Your Hands" to be played at mine. Simply because that's the person I am, I want to try and make the best out of any situation.

When I'm gone, whenever it may be, I want people to know that I've had a good life, with a fantastic family, friends and a pretty amazing girlfriend.

This will be my way of saying be happy, you only get to live once, so don't wallow, just enjoy every single minute, 'cos you never know what's going to happen next.

Anyone that doesn't join in will be haunted.

Obviously my funeral will be a sad day, and I wouldn't want people's enjoyment of a song ruined for the future by bursting into tears with the memory of my loss still hurting. This is why I want Dexys Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen to be played. I forking hate that song, and refuse to listen to it, and I don't see why anyone else should either.

i've always liked that song. hopefully you'll stick around so i can continue enjoying it

anyway i want maximum tears, so i want 'your long journey' - robert plant

Archived