Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

All Nighter

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as there seem to be so many of us on night shifts I thought I'd pop into this old beauty see if it was still active

Final night shift. Gotta try keeping myself awake all day after though, got some new snowboarding gear arriving and going to a Uni Open Day after deciding I need a change of career. Coffee is definitely my friend today

Final night shift. Gotta try keeping myself awake all day after though, got some new snowboarding gear arriving and going to a Uni Open Day after deciding I need a change of career. Coffee is definitely my friend today

Got any thoughts on what the new career should be?.. snowboarding coach is an obvious start point

Got any thoughts on what the new career should be?.. snowboarding coach is an obvious start point

Honestly I have thought about that. Looking at doing the BASI instructor course next year and there's an indoor slope here in Manc where I could do part time work too.

I was looking at doing something that I could do in a freelance capacity that could tie in with the boarding instructor out of season. Had thought of something like software design, certainly within my current workplace there's jobs going, but quite how flexible that would be particularly at the beginning of a career remains to be seen.

Coffee is brilliant at times on nights ain't it buddy lol

Coffee is brilliant at times on nights ain't it buddy lol

Too right :D If I hadn't gotta stay up this is about the time I'd stop drinking it so I could get some kip later but tonight it's black coffee, no sugar all the way :thumbup:

Honestly I have thought about that. Looking at doing the BASI instructor course next year and there's an indoor slope here in Manc where I could do part time work too.

I was looking at doing something that I could do in a freelance capacity that could tie in with the boarding instructor out of season. Had thought of something like software design, certainly within my current workplace there's jobs going, but quite how flexible that would be particularly at the beginning of a career remains to be seen.

Well, we all can expect 40+ yars in the workforce... would be nice to do something you enjoy or At least do something you dont hate :)

Too right :D If I hadn't gotta stay up this is about the time I'd stop drinking it so I could get some kip later but tonight it's black coffee, no sugar all the way :thumbup:

I've just done the last 4 night shifts but I'm only up today at 3am because I've just fed my 3 month old daughter

However I feel bloody wide awake now lol typical

Well, we all can expect 40+ yars in the workforce... would be nice to do something you enjoy or At least do something you dont hate :)

Good point.

I don't hate where I work at the mo but really do need a challenge. And as much as I'd love to be teaching snowboarding for that time I'm already 33 so it'd be ambitious lol

Still, to spend winter seasons travelling and enjoying some great powder would be absolutely superb!

Good point.

I don't hate where I work at the mo but really do need a challenge. And as much as I'd love to be teaching snowboarding for that time I'm already 33 so it'd be ambitious lol

Still, to spend winter seasons travelling and enjoying some great powder would be absolutely superb!

Then prob worth talking to where you are and seeing if you can get better options from them, if youve got a decent employer, they are like gold.

Beleive me , 33 isnt really that old lol... when i think of where i was and what i was doing from 15-25... then from 25-35.. then 35 - 45... fvck, so much unplanned and exciting change :)

Life is about more than avoiding death :)

Just fed my daughter

Got. Late shift at work today and then back onto nights. Joy oh joy!!!!

I know millions will say it too you, but take a moment to really enjoy the middle of the night feeds etc... they are beautiful and special times that make for wonderful memories.

I can remember feeding my daughter in the middle of the night, sitting watching Wimbledon on the telly back in the late 80s, with her bouncing and gurgling on my knee... beautiful times.

:)

I know millions will say it too you, but take a moment to really enjoy the middle of the night feeds etc... they are beautiful and special times that make for wonderful memories.

I can remember feeding my daughter in the middle of the night, sitting watching Wimbledon on the telly back in the late 80s, with her bouncing and gurgling on my knee... beautiful times.

:)

You have a point Oz definately agreed there. I can only say that i absolutely adore my daughter, this is "last chance saloon" for me as i have had children in a previous marriage/relationship and things havent turned out so well (i have a 21 year old daughter i havent seen/spoken to properly since she was 16/17 ish).

i am enjoying every moment for sure

3 night shifts on the spin from tonight, which is not so good but at least i get to put my daughter to bed before i go to work

At work, fed up. Bored etc etc

Welcome to my world. ;)

Just coming to the end of a 90 hr working week of extreme tedium

Although the benefit of doing an all nighter in Australia is you get to listen to the football in the background.

Archived