Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

All Nighter

Overtime rates at our place are:

Saturday = Time and a half

Sunday = Double time

Bank holidays = Double time & a day I lieu

Weekdays = Time and a half

That's what our used to be until recently, now most overtime is paid flat rate or time and a third and under certain circumstances time and a half

That's what our used to be until recently, now most overtime is paid flat rate or time and a third and under certain circumstances time and a half

2008 and most of 2009 our overtime went to flat rate due to the recession.

Overtime is normally only on a Saturday or a couple of days during the week. Don't do much myself but always available if I need a extra few hours.

Don't think i could ever do night shift, would just find it would throw me right out of whack

I did 30 years ot 7.30-4 5 days a week before doing 6am-6pm 6pm-6am alternate weeks 6 shifts. Adapted better than I thought. Couldn't go back to it now. My body would give up.

The last place I worked was better. 3pm-3am  Wed Thurs 6am-6pm Sat Sun 48 hours but nearly 3 days in arow and Friday off. basically sat in a room on my own stretching my legs every hour or so.

How are you getting on tonight Emilio?

Only just seen this mate. Onto the final night tonight, I'm definitely in the right sleep pattern for nights (slept til 1430 today) but just powering through til 5am then a drive back to Leicester for  a weekend catching up with mates. Lovely stuff

The wife is on her 2nd Night shift out of 4 consecutive this week.  Im at home (well temporary home) looking after our daughter

Bloody hard work both of us having night shifts most weeks

That said by the 17th August I will have only worked 2 early shifts out of the first 17 days (as taken annual leave etc etc)

Not got a night shift until I think 18th August (but then got 4 on the frikkin trot lol)

Swedish company called Trelleborg.

Oh I know them. I used to work for a small company called "Vibracoustics" who made some similar products to Trelleborg but on a smaller scale (ie very small company compared to Trelleborg etc etc).  I worked for Vibracoustics between 1992 and 2003 roughly (maybe 1991 to the end of 2002?)

Oh I know them. I used to work for a small company called "Vibracoustics" who made some similar products to Trelleborg but on a smaller scale (ie very small company compared to Trelleborg etc etc). I worked for Vibracoustics between 1992 and 2003 roughly (maybe 1991 to the end of 2002?)

Only been here 5 years, my dad has been working for Trelleborg/Metalastika for 30+ years.

Only been here 5 years, my dad has been working for Trelleborg/Metalastika for 30+ years.

My old boss at Vibracoustics David Jennaway used to work at Metalastik and one of the old sales guys Stew Hodge used to work at Trelleborg I think, although must be a few years ago now

My old boss at Vibracoustics David Jennaway used to work at Metalastik and one of the old sales guys Stew Hodge used to work at Trelleborg I think, although must be a few years ago now

I'll ask the bloke I work with tomorrow. 99% of people who work there have been there for over 20 years.

Archived