Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

All Nighter

Yes mate, last night for me as I turned down the opportunity to work overtime Friday night.

Do you struggle to sleep after coming of night shifts?

Yes buddy usually I have done in the past although I try a few different things to help. After my last night shift I usually have no more then 3 or 4 hours sleep so I am tired again by the next night if that makes sense? The other alternative is alcohol lol

Yes buddy usually I have done in the past although I try a few different things to help. After my last night shift I usually have no more then 3 or 4 hours sleep so I am tired again by the next night if that makes sense? The other alternative is alcohol lol

Alcohol definitely works for me. That's me done for 2 weeks now, off on holiday Sunday and can't blooming wait.

I don't know how you do it buddy. What's your thesis on?

A robotic mission to Europa to detect any liquid water there once and for all, and to scout out possible sites for future missions to look for life. It's been great reading about the different past missions and tech available, though writing the thesis itself is a bit of a grind.

Forced myself to stay awake through the day. Now feel like shit. Going to sleep for a long time tonight.

A robotic mission to Europa to detect any liquid water there once and for all, and to scout out possible sites for future missions to look for life. It's been great reading about the different past missions and tech available, though writing the thesis itself is a bit of a grind.

Forced myself to stay awake through the day. Now feel like shit. Going to sleep for a long time tonight.

Sounds interesting buddy

I'm stuck at work, should of finished my late shift at midnight, bosses asked me to stay on for a while. Very tired now

Right, this is getting beyond a joke now.

For the past four/five weeks I have been suffering from pretty serious insomnia.

It wasn't so bad last week as I was on a lads holiday but this is now taking the piss. I have to be in work for either 6:00 (5am wake up) or 8:00 (7am wake up) depending on what day of the week it is.

Around 4:00pm every day I get really tired and could easily nod off but have to battle through, I get home about 6pm and always doze (but not proper sleep) for an hour on the setee before I wake up again and eat/do whatever I'm doing that evening.

But after that - that's it. Ill be awake now until at least 3:30 and tomorrow is an early shift meaning ill get about 90mins sleep.

WTF can I do about this? I'm reluctant to use sleeping tablets because I've heard that they can be too strong and you end up not being able to wake up in the morning.

Right, this is getting beyond a joke now.

For the past four/five weeks I have been suffering from pretty serious insomnia.

It wasn't so bad last week as I was on a lads holiday but this is now taking the piss. I have to be in work for either 6:00 (5am wake up) or 8:00 (7am wake up) depending on what day of the week it is.

Around 4:00pm every day I get really tired and could easily nod off but have to battle through, I get home about 6pm and always doze (but not proper sleep) for an hour on the setee before I wake up again and eat/do whatever I'm doing that evening.

But after that - that's it. Ill be awake now until at least 3:30 and tomorrow is an early shift meaning ill get about 90mins sleep.

WTF can I do about this? I'm reluctant to use sleeping tablets because I've heard that they can be too strong and you end up not being able to wake up in the morning.

Don't drink coffee after 6pm

Try exercise 7-8 ish to try and wear yourself out

Read a book, always sends me to sleep lol

Don't drink coffee after 6pm

Try exercise 7-8 ish to try and wear yourself out

Read a book, always sends me to sleep lol

Not bad ideas and I don't want to chuck it back in your face but I don't drink coffee, or tea or any caffeine - only water (possibly squash).

I work in the fitness industry and train at least once a day. Usually twice.

And as a result of not being able to sleep, I've been reading books!

Appreciate your help though. :)

The nap at 6pm can't help. Pretty sure that'll provide sufficient recharge for you not to be tired until the wee hours. Case in point, I just dozed off now from about 7pm till 9pm. Now I'm fully awake and will struggle to get back to sleep until 3-4am. Had I battled through I could have taken my pick of when to sleep from now onwards

On my 3rd night shift in a row (8pm - 7am) then off to my 2nd job until 5pm.  Few hours sleep at my desk tonight I think.  Won't get home till about 6:30.  Got to go through London rush hour to get there too.  Always horrendous especially when tired and irritable.

Archived