Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Championship Manager 03-04

I've forgotten how good this game is. Just started with Leicester in the Prem and sold all the squad (including Paul Brooker) and replaced them with a bunch of 17/18/19 year olds. I did cheat slightly by adding £5m to my budget. But i barely touched it.

Current LCFC squad (from memory)

Carlos Idriss Kameni

Ryan Taylor

James McEveley

Alpay

Robert Huth

James Milner

Tranquillo Barnetta

Mourad Meghni

Carlos Diogo

Ben Watson

Carlos Tevez

Rest Of Squad:

Andres Iniesta

Tom Huddlestone

Steven Taylor

Valeri Bojinov

Javier Mascherano

Michael Chopra

Evandro Roncatto

Riccardo Montolivo

Carlos Villaneuva

Xisco

Finished 12th in Prem and signed the below on free's to add some experience to my squad (apart from Alpay).

Michael Brown

Sergio Aguero

Moritz Volz

Kasper Schmiechel

An awesome game! Remember playing for hours and hours and much better than the bug ridden CM03/04! Was the last game before the split between Eidos and SI!

A nice squad there btw!

Championship Manager 03-04 was much better than the bug ridden CM03/04? :unsure:

Thats my fav CM of all time! Augustine Okocha all the way!
He's no Ibrahima Bakayoko.

There both no Jacob Rasmussen!

This has to be one of the best versions ever. I've been playing this for months instead of FM 09 as thats crap

This was a classic - Chesterfield had the most insanely good defense ever. Steve Blatherwick, Alan O'Hare and Kevin Dawson were all top-drawer Premiership players for no discernable reason. All the random Scandinavians too. And Pazzini was phenominal. And Lionel Morgan.

Oh, and the bug where if you play a centre-midfielder with an arrow up to striker, nobody ever tracks their runs.

Best CM ever, I reckon - think only FM07 matches it in terms of how 'complete' it felt.

Yeah, but his real name is Augustine and this was what is was before he changed to Jay Jay!

I know. Jay Jay just sounds so much better.

When was Julius Aghahowa good? Think that was 03/04 aswell.

All these Nigerians. What happened to them?!

I know. Jay Jay just sounds so much better.

When was Julius Aghahowa good? Think that was 03/04 aswell.

All these Nigerians. What happened to them?!

Issac Okowronko was really good in 01/02 I think along with the mentioned Taribo West (who was on a free!). We had Issac on a trial one season I remember. I rememeber managing Nigeria in one of the later CM's and doing really well with them!

They got old, thats what happened!

Archived