Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Bump!

Who recommends this and who doesn't? On play.com for like £17 so i'm considering it.

I like it personally. The online is very enjoyable and isn't about who can get the longest killstreak and more about the objective and working in a squad.

I always find people who are really good at CoD don't get on with BC2 but you won't know until you buy it. Worth a punt at £17 but you may have to give it some time to get you hooked. :thumbup:

Ordered now :thumbup:

Cheers for the feedback, turns out I played it at my mates in the summer, didn't realise it was that I played.

Seem to remember it being a lot more tactical than your bog standard fps (which i'm partial to) and very playable. Looking forward to it.

I like it personally. The online is very enjoyable and isn't about who can get the longest killstreak and more about the objective and working in a squad.

I always find people who are really good at CoD don't get on with BC2 but you won't know until you buy it. Worth a punt at £17 but you may have to give it some time to get you hooked. :thumbup:

thats exactly what I was trying to think of.

If you actually like the idea of playing an actual "game" instead of just seeing how many kills you can get whilst getting as little deaths you'lll like this.

I remember when on call of duty, people used to actually moan at you for trying to play the game because they only came on the certain game type cause you got more time to shoot each other

• 2 weeks later...

Bump again :P

Had it for a weekish now and I have to say i'm enjoying it more and more every time I play (Getting better at shooting, tactics, levelling up, learning the maps better). I really like the class system level ups as well, simple and effective and tbh I'm much preferring this to any COD so far.

Not played much of the campaign but seems good enough. Online play is really addictive though, mainly play rush and I find it so much fun (mate's got the game as well so I dug out my headset and going in the same squad is great fun). I love the Rush game type, think it's really well done and the maps are mostly great as well (People that play are more fun to play with as well).

Anyone else play online much?

I'm still hammering it! Nothing has got a look-in hardly at all since I bought this :-)

Are you PS or Xbox? I'm often online if you fancy a game (PS3 I'm afraid)

Mickey-ONeil-72

Ahhh xbox i'm afraid. Are there any problems with profile losses on the PS3? The last couple of days there's been some real **** ups with the amount of people playing and apparently the servers can't handle it. Profiles keep temporarily resetting to level 0 and the forums are packed with it. Real ball ache.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered this to rent from Lovefilm.com....getting a little bored with COD4: Black Ops, so though id give this a try as it seems to get amazing reviews.

You'll like it, but only if you don't play it like you would COD.

:blink:

Care to elaborate please?

It's not just shoot, shoot, shoot, camp, camp, camp, killstreaks etc.

For an out and out close quarters battle then COD's the way forward but this is amazing for everything else. I play a gametype called Rush mostly. You attack/defend several sets of stations and move on when you lose/gain them until the last base is won/lost.

350px-BC2_Valparaiso_Rush2.jpg

Attackers get 75 respawns and defenders get unlimited. You have to be tactical and use the classes to their advantage though, if you just run around killing people and dying you won't be much help to your team.

This vid kinda highlights some of the differences between the two.

Don't let it put you off if you think it's a bit different though, it really is great, campaign's good and the online levelling/upgrading is great as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers, I have been doing that for the past few days. Being a noob is bad enough, but an uneducated noob is even worse!

I understand it's a totally different style of play to COD (a good thing). I was never a great lone wolf anyway so will much prefer to play as a team.

I think I am going to start with the medic class.

Yeah, that's what does it for me. I prefer the team-play and objective-based gameplay much more (I mainly play 'Rush' for this reason'). The large maps are a big plys as well.

A lot of people seem to play it cluelessly though, the tutorials really benefited me when I first started, they give you a much better read on the tactics and what the game's about. I score the most points with the medic. Depending on how your use it, your kill count may not be that high but you get a truckload of points reviving and healing, plus it gives you the satisfaction that you're helping your team :P

Archived