Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Battlefield Bad Company 2

If you play Recon properly its fine, just got to spot, spot, spot. Helping the team out and extra points for me!!!

If I see people recon-ing in my own base I expect 80& of the enemy team to be constantly lit up. A lot of the time this doesn't happen and i feel like punching cats!

Fantastic game. One problem, however... ...I am absolutely terrible at it! :frusty:

Trying as a medic but gotta get out of the COD habits of just running around. It gets you killed a lot in this game!

My KD is about 0.4 at the minute after about 2 hours play. I know it's not all about that on this game but I don't like the thought that all my deaths are using up valuable tickets!

Fantastic game. One problem, however... ...I am absolutely terrible at it! :frusty:

Trying as a medic but gotta get out of the COD habits of just running around. It gets you killed a lot in this game!

My KD is about 0.4 at the minute after about 2 hours play. I know it's not all about that on this game but I don't like the thought that all my deaths are using up valuable tickets!

My K/D is worst with the medic, it's not too much of a worry when your main role is healing and reviving (A couple of tips with the medic: If someone dies nearby, don't rush straight in to heal them as their killer will probably be nearby, sometimes waiting for a medic to kill. Make sure you're always dropping med kits, around groups of people or key areas are best. Squad heals (green) are worth more. I like using LMG's with mag ammo, making them hella powerful.

And yeah, the sooner you get out of COD habits the better. Staying in groups and providing a mobile spawn point for your squad is key. Ie. If you go to respawn and there's only one squad mate available the other two are dead so keep your head down when you spawn in case the guy you just spawned on dies in the meantime. Squad all dead at the same time = spawn back at base/in unhelpful position.

My K/D is worst with the medic, it's not too much of a worry when your main role is healing and reviving (A couple of tips with the medic: If someone dies nearby, don't rush straight in to heal them as their killer will probably be nearby, sometimes waiting for a medic to kill. Make sure you're always dropping med kits, around groups of people or key areas are best. Squad heals (green) are worth more. I like using LMG's with mag ammo, making them hella powerful.

And yeah, the sooner you get out of COD habits the better. Staying in groups and providing a mobile spawn point for your squad is key. Ie. If you go to respawn and there's only one squad mate available the other two are dead so keep your head down when you spawn in case the guy you just spawned on dies in the meantime. Squad all dead at the same time = spawn back at base/in unhelpful position.

You on PS3 or Xbox?

Thanks very much for the tips!

I had a quick go at my mates house using the assault class and performed much better as far as kills are concerned. The assault role doesn't really appeal to me that much though. Medic and Engineer are the most interesting for me. Recon could be, but it seems everybody wants to be Recon!

You on PS3 or Xbox?

Xbox. Gamertag is 'EmeraldRaccoon'

Thanks very much for the tips!

I had a quick go at my mates house using the assault class and performed much better as far as kills are concerned. The assault role doesn't really appeal to me that much though. Medic and Engineer are the most interesting for me. Recon could be, but it seems everybody wants to be Recon!

Ideally you'd have one of each class in the squad but that's not always the case. They've all got their ups and downs though. I think Engineers under-used by people, often you'll be on a vehicle heavy map and there'll be a lack of engineers to take the tanks down/fix your own teams vehicles.

Recon's fine but you need to play to the class. 'Spotting' people and calling in mortar strikes should be a given. There should probably only be 1 or 2 snipers on the team but if there's loads of attacking snipers this is fine as they can lower the opposing teams ticket count quite easily. In attack it's a similar story and often it ends up in a war between to sets of snipers which is pointless for the match, the defenders have unlimited tickets so you're not really helping. Personally I try and take out people defending the objective (the ones that camp and watch it from cover), any snipers that are good/being a nuisance and you need to keep watch the objectives (eg. In a rush game once someone has planted a charge you need to keep your eye on it and take out anyone that tries to disarm it.

Xbox. Gamertag is 'EmeraldRaccoon'

Ideally you'd have one of each class in the squad but that's not always the case. They've all got their ups and downs though. I think Engineers under-used by people, often you'll be on a vehicle heavy map and there'll be a lack of engineers to take the tanks down/fix your own teams vehicles.

Recon's fine but you need to play to the class. 'Spotting' people and calling in mortar strikes should be a given. There should probably only be 1 or 2 snipers on the team but if there's loads of attacking snipers this is fine as they can lower the opposing teams ticket count quite easily. In attack it's a similar story and often it ends up in a war between to sets of snipers which is pointless for the match, the defenders have unlimited tickets so you're not really helping. Personally I try and take out people defending the objective (the ones that camp and watch it from cover), any snipers that are good/being a nuisance and you need to keep watch the objectives (eg. In a rush game once someone has planted a charge you need to keep your eye on it and take out anyone that tries to disarm it.

Thanks again. Had a go on Black Ops earlier and it suddenly just seemed really easy to get 20 kills per game!

Put Bad Company 2 on and was averaging 0.3-0.4 KD. Shocking! I did get in the top 5 on scoreboard twice as Medic though as I was reviving and healing like a crazy man. :crylaugh:

I will add you next time I go on Live if you don't mind? Might be good to team up with someone who knows what they are doing!

got 9 Star level on my knife :) 700 or so dog tags 500+ Unique

How many hours gameplay have you got? I'm only on 100 or so knife kills. I don't actively use it that much tbh.

Can you get airstrikes on this Haydos? Keep getting planes flying over and dropping bombs but i've got no idea how you get them

Yeah they're just default animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after about a month or so of playing this, I am starting to improve.

Got about 9 ace pins which I'm happy with considering how bad I started off! My KD is up to 0.75 (from 0.3) and climbing....

My preferred class is Engineer, nothing more satisfying than taking out heavy armour with RPG's and AT mines! I sometimes switch to Assault, dependant on the map / game mode.

My SPM has taken a beating lately though as I've tried playing a bit of Recon, purely to unlock some weapons as I've unlocked all the other classes (apart from Medic).

• 2 weeks later...

Well after about a month or so of playing this, I am starting to improve.

Got about 9 ace pins which I'm happy with considering how bad I started off! My KD is up to 0.75 (from 0.3) and climbing....

My preferred class is Engineer, nothing more satisfying than taking out heavy armour with RPG's and AT mines! I sometimes switch to Assault, dependant on the map / game mode.

My SPM has taken a beating lately though as I've tried playing a bit of Recon, purely to unlock some weapons as I've unlocked all the other classes (apart from Medic).

Send me an invite next time you see me on.

I usually squad up with one or two mates so always forget to check anyone else.

Send me an invite next time you see me on.

I usually squad up with one or two mates so always forget to check anyone else.

I will do mate.

Was going to a couple of times before but you were already in a party so didn't want to intrude!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this game, not great at it but find it so much better than cod.

In fact i traded in cod as hated little things about it, especially the fact you could run at people and stab them even if they were shooting you.

Let me know if anyone wants to add me on ps3.

• 2 months later...

Archived