Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Cob or Roll?

Cob or Roll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which One?

• Cob
    • Roll

bread_australian_pumpernickel_252.jpgCob = crusty & tasty

7_lrg.jpg Roll = tasteless but can be practical

FC03-0081.jpg Bap = soft and tasteless

bra.jpg Baps - tasty, soft, easy to hold and good to roll in

Davie's got this covered pretty nicely, although I have to confess for a weakness for baps (the bread sort).

I went down to London not long back and asked for a Sausage cob, she didnt have a clue what I was going on about.

What do you call it? Cob or Roll?

It depends where you are in the country mate. I worked in Coventry and they had no idea what a cob was either, over there it is called a batch :blink:

I invited a southend lass up to mine 10 years ago now, we went to the chip shop and she asked what a chip cob was.

I remember thinking F**k me are all essex lasses this stupid, until it clicked that they call them rolls.

Noooo, if it's a roll (cob, bap, bun... whatever!) with chips in then it's a chip butty. :thumbup::P

Grrr, this thread is making me hungry. :cry:

Noooo, if it's a roll (cob, bap, bun... whatever!) with chips in then it's a chip butty. :thumbup::P

I have witnessed a chip cob in real life. Trust me, they exist :thumbup:

EDIT: and soon after witnessing it, I wolfed it down

I often have a sausage sandwich.

well what you wanna do is, replace the slices of bread with a cob and, hey presto, you have a sausage cob.

i used to go down the cob shop every dinner, when i was at school, not coombs' though, that was i right rip off!

You are quite right :thumbup: my bad :frusty:

Its too late for a chip butty, unless we fast forward to the thousands of eateries on a friday/saturday night.

Then its ok :thumbup:

MF-260-l.jpg

Alright then - tractor or desirable family transport?

Roll! :rolleyes:

At least we don't have a 6 month wait for replacement parts. :D:cool:

Archived