Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox96

PES or Fifa

The best football game  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Fifa or PES

• Fifa
    • PES

• 4 months later...

I've been a PES fan boy since the days it was ISS 64 but I have to say, having played both games, PES has stood still, more so for the 2008/2009 season than ever before.

The options that Pro Evo offered in terms master league, cups etc hasn't evolved and you can easily tank a team on the hardest level once you master the 1-2, crossing and shooting. The computer AI is woeful and online becomes unplayable. When you do play online, I'm generally gifted with a game against Barcelona, AC Milan or Inter, as these seem to be the teams to be!! I still think the on pitch graphics on Pro Evo are decent but the atmosphere graphics leave little to be desired in all honesty. I don't want carboard fans, I don't want out dated commentary, I don't want to be told I've lost my marbles or didn't submit my team amendment sheet at half time because I'm losing 1-Nil.

The other thing that is starting to grate on me about Pro Evo is the simple things like having to update names, kits, stadiums etc. All this gets a bit tedious after a while. Coupled with the fact that the limited number of teams that are available. I know I can download an option file to sort this out .... but in all honesty, why should I have to?

I downloaded the FIFA demo recently as one of my mates mentioned to me what a good game it was and I have to say, I believe it to be head and shoulders above PES now. Compared to the last FIFA I played it seems to have come on in leaps and bounds and it was an enjoyable game to play. Compared to PES it seemed to play slicker and at a higher tempo, making PES look lethargic. Whatever level I played it on seemed surprisingly more challenging to play than Pro Evo, stating that, I have spent a lifetime on Pro Evo, so by no means am I stating one is more difficult to play than the other.

Overall, on my quick evaluation, the chances are, for the first time in over ten years, I may opt for a FIFA game.

also you don't get scenarios in interviews on pes that say

"you have been hounded by reporters after a picture of P.Dickov, wearing only a towel and banging on his hotel door, appear in the national tabloids. You call a press conference and tell them:

A) he was coming back from a session with the physiotherapist but had locked himself out of his room,

B) You haven't got a clue but you plan on talking to him about this, or,

C) It was a prank being played by his teammates and has been blown well out of context."

also you don't get scenarios in interviews on pes that say

"you have been hounded by reporters after a picture of P.Dickov, wearing only a towel and banging on his hotel door, appear in the national tabloids. You call a press conference and tell them:

A) he was coming back from a session with the physiotherapist but had locked himself out of his room,

B) You haven't got a clue but you plan on talking to him about this, or,

C) It was a prank being played by his teammates and has been blown well out of context."

lol

Never Seen That One Before

I was Fifa up until about 2000. Since then its been ISS and Pro Evo all the way. However, the last two Pro Evo's 08 and 09 have been nothing short of dreadful compared to the previous 4 or 5 years offerings. Fifa 10 it is for me this year.

lol

Never Seen That One Before

was funny. i said he'd been to see the physio and the board have a moan at me saying that my comments were unproffesional and it's not the first time he's got us in a situation like that. Didn't realise fifa had call backs to la manga in it.

was funny. i said he'd been to see the physio and the board have a moan at me saying that my comments were unproffesional and it's not the first time he's got us in a situation like that. Didn't realise fifa had call backs to la manga in it.

lol

Archived