Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Fifa 09 Foxestalk League

Liverpool manager Ashley Jupp has spoken of the importance of his victory today against Arsenal.

'We didn't play so well but we got the points to end our bad run and that's what matters'.

Arsenal took an early lead when Reina, who ran out of his goal to try and reach the ball near the corner flag only found Andrei Arshavin with his clearance...leaving him to put the ball into the empty net.

Liverpool struggled to get into the game for most of the first half, with their passing play and through balls to the wingers not coming off. On 38 minutes though, Liverpool were awarded a penalty after a foul on David N'Gog whilst trying to finish off a great passing move. Steven Gerrard stepped up and placed the ball in the top left corner of the goal, to the relief of the Liverpool fans.

They got their winner early in the second half, with a nice bit of play from Torres just inside the area, curling his shot to the keepers left, hitting the post on the way in. This sent the Liverpool fans into wild celebrations.

The game wasn't really a spectacle after that, although Torres should have taken a second after sublime skill left him open in the box, but Almunia made the save.

Tom Gransden gave a furious press conference after today's 2-1 defeat by Liverpool.

In a sensational attack on the referee, Gransden raged "One of the top games in the country and they put that joker in charge? It beggars belief".

When asked about the atmosphere at Anfield, Gransden conceded "It was great. I mean when you enter a stadium packed full of dole grabbing, ugly young people, you do wonder what the atmosphere will be like, but fair play, it was great".

Many journalists are agreeing that Gransden is visibly cracking under the pressure.

The FA are investigating Gransden's comments.

Alex, when you about? Plus who ever has J.Lisemore, i'm taking Fifa around his tonight so he can probably play before the champs league final or after.*

* - Not for deffo tho.

Alex, when you about? Plus who ever has J.Lisemore, i'm taking Fifa around his tonight so he can probably play before the champs league final or after.*

* - Not for deffo tho.

Lisemore has Alexikopops and Tilley to play this week.

* - Not for deffo tho.

I have Lisemore from last week as well as you from this week. I can't do tonight. Should be around tomorrow evening though.

It's rumoured that Tom Gransden will be forced to play his remaining home games behind closed doors after his comments about the referee in his last match.

Rivals are claiming this isn't a harsh enough punishment, as due to his poor performances and lack of points, there were very few fans anyway.

Wow I only have 57 posts in this thread, I thought it would be more than that.

Nussul and Granno on the other hand have 153 and 125 respectively lol

The joint creators (Nussul bounced some ideas off me). The brains and the brawn. The chuckle brothers.

A.Heggs is still unsure which formation to use to face Barcelona later on this evening. Heggs was quoted in the press saying he's been playing around with different formations, Heggs also added Barcelona will be getting a heavy payback due to events in real life last night.

Manchester United 3 - 1 Barcelona

21 Minutes - GOAL - D.Berbatov

27 Minutes - GOAL - D.Berbatov

30 Minutes - GOAL - S.Eto

87 Minutes - BOOKING(RED) - Dani Alves

90 Minutes - GOAL - C.Ronaldo

Archived