Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

• 2 months later...

I've got a Samsung z fold 5. If anyone else has one, what case would you recommend? I've had one that was bulky and i didn't like and another that broke after a few month. The way it has to fix the the phone with the adhesive strips isn't secure and the thin piece of plastic on the left of the front screen is prone to bending and that's what eventually broke. Anyone found a decent case?

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've got a Samsung z fold 5. If anyone else has one, what case would you recommend? I've had one that was bulky and i didn't like and another that broke after a few month. The way it has to fix the the phone with the adhesive strips isn't secure and the thin piece of plastic on the left of the front screen is prone to bending and that's what eventually broke. Anyone found a decent case?

BESINPO For Samsung Z Fold 4 Case, Z Fold 4 Case, Shockproof 360°Full-Body Protective[With Bulit in Screen Protector] Frosted Transparent Hard Back Cover bumper Case for Galaxy Z Fold 4 5G Black https://amzn.eu/d/0DaLGkN

I've got the Fold 4 and have one of these on it. Only had the case since early February but its great so far. Fitting is firm and secure, doesn't feel bulky either,  which was a concern. Highly possible they do one for the 5.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else on contract,  time their renewal/new phone plan for April/May to

only effectively get that one annual price increase? 

My iPhone 12 contract ran out sometime ago and I dropped down to a kind of Sim only deal, the last increase meant that for an extra £8 a month (there’s a charge for the new phone which I’ll hopefully get back from selling my current one to CEX) could have a iPhone 15 with twice the memory on a 24 month contract. Dropping down from unlimited data to 300gb but I’ll never get near that figure. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/05/2024 at 23:20, FoyleFox said:

BESINPO For Samsung Z Fold 4 Case, Z Fold 4 Case, Shockproof 360°Full-Body Protective[With Bulit in Screen Protector] Frosted Transparent Hard Back Cover bumper Case for Galaxy Z Fold 4 5G Black https://amzn.eu/d/0DaLGkN

I've got the Fold 4 and have one of these on it. Only had the case since early February but its great so far. Fitting is firm and secure, doesn't feel bulky either,  which was a concern. Highly possible they do one for the 5.

Also worth buying a roll of 1 or 2 mm double sided tape.  That way you can make the cover really secure and if you have to remove it for whatever reason your can put fresh tape on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Also worth buying a roll of 1 or 2 mm double sided tape.  That way you can make the cover really secure and if you have to remove it for whatever reason your can put fresh tape on. 

I've had to remove the cover a couple of times and was concerned about it re-sticking. Pleased to say it's been absolutely fine and adhered well. Some spare tape is a great idea though. 

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Thoughts on the "folds" from people who have had them a while please?

Is it just a gimic, is their some value to them... should i consider one?

I've had mine since February and love it. The unfolded screen is great when reading articles or a forum like this. I was looking for a new phone and tablet but the fold does the job of both very well. It's also very useful that you can have two apps open on half the screen each if you need to input info from an email into calendar or your searching Google and need to reference another app. 

Obviously, it comes down to what you'll use your phone to do and you'll find useful. Personally, it's the best phone I've ever had. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was on morphine, diazepam and codeine when I decided to sack off a lifetime of Apple and buy a Samsung Z Fold 6 last week. 

I'm just on codeine now, and it's not taking away the pain of trying to get Android to function as intuitively as iOS. 

19 hours ago, Daggers said:

I was on morphine, diazepam and codeine when I decided to sack off a lifetime of Apple and buy a Samsung Z Fold 6 last week. 

I'm just on codeine now, and it's not taking away the pain of trying to get Android to function as intuitively as iOS. 

Going from Android to iOS: You're not HAL9000 you know

Going from iOS to Android: What is this sprawling mess

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'll happily swap you an apple for your Z Fold 6 😁

43 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'll happily swap you an apple for your Z Fold 6 😁

The plethora of things you have to do when setting up a new phone, the ridiculous volume of passwords and downloads…and somewhere along that line was a PIN. I don’t remember setting up a device PIN.

Three guesses to see if you can ascertain the thing I don’t remember most.

I now own a Z Brick 6.

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

How have you got it already? I thought you could only pre-order them at the minute?

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's called usability and being able to customise. 

I've been using it for 14 years so I know it pretty much inside out. 

I've been forced to familiarise myself with iOS because pensioners in my family keep buying iPhones for no particular reason and I'm their tech support.

Once you're immersed in one universe that's it really isn't it? I'm only really in the Android one because in 2010 the tech sites I trusted said the best phone money could buy at that point happened to have Android. I could just as easily have decided to buy an iPhone and have locked myself into iOS instead.

Needless to say that was the first and last time I had the best phone money could buy.

I think the main advantage of Android is that it's available on much cheaper devices

Just now, Daggers said:

Came yesterday. I must be special.

lol You must be, I've got the Z Fold 5 and Samsung keep sending me emails with upgrade offers, started at £100 discount, its now at £350 discount, but release date is 23rd July as far as I can make out.

I love mine and I don't think I could go to anything else now.

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

lol You must be, I've got the Z Fold 5 and Samsung keep sending me emails with upgrade offers, started at £100 discount, its now at £350 discount, but release date is 23rd July as far as I can make out.

I love mine and I don't think I could go to anything else now.

Gave it one final guess at the pin before we headed off to Npton to get it factory reset.

Halfway through guessing last night I saw there is an OK button, unlike on iOS. Consequently, I had no idea what guesses I’d previously done. Entered my standard 4 digit code, clicked OK, and bingo - I was in.

Then, because I’d tried to reset it through Google at around 1 in the morning, the bloody thing wiped itself.

As frustrating as it’s been, I think I like it. The only issue is now working out how to get the tree wallets to pay for things. One bank card worked yesterday in one wallet, my other bank card didn’t in another one because it told me it was a travel card. Why can’t there be just a single wallet? Doh.

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Gave it one final guess at the pin before we headed off to Npton to get it factory reset.

Halfway through guessing last night I saw there is an OK button, unlike on iOS. Consequently, I had no idea what guesses I’d previously done. Entered my standard 4 digit code, clicked OK, and bingo - I was in.

Then, because I’d tried to reset it through Google at around 1 in the morning, the bloody thing wiped itself.

As frustrating as it’s been, I think I like it. The only issue is now working out how to get the tree wallets to pay for things. One bank card worked yesterday in one wallet, my other bank card didn’t in another one because it told me it was a travel card. Why can’t there be just a single wallet? Doh.

You using Samsung pay?