Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

• 3 weeks later...
Thing is tho its with phones 4 u i have heard people have had lots of problems with them

to be honest they are all as bad as eachother - as long as you read the small print and stick to your plan etc youll be ok. My old mans with Phones 4 U and has never had a prob. His phone broke they sorted it very quickly. I was with Carphone warehouse... my 250 quid phone broke twice and I was without it for 5 months and they didnt give a shit. I nearly had a feckin breakdown with all the crap they put me through. Never again.

I got my iphone direct from O2 on the net. :thumbup:

to be honest they are all as bad as eachother - as long as you read the small print and stick to your plan etc youll be ok.

Best advice I can give is stick with one company as long as possible. I've been with Vodafone for 5 years and now they offer me a new phone with a 12 month contract that is only a tenner a month which would cost a new customer double to triple on an 18 month contract!! 12 month contract should be standard. I pity those on 18 month contracts. All you're doing is paying for your own phone.

The beauty of the contract I'm on is at the end of the 12 months I sell the old phone on ebay and it's paid for the whole year contract whilst getting a brand new top of the range model for the following year. :thumbup:

Okay, so iphone 3GS on Orange or O2?

I get about £75 of credit towards my bills on O2 through a deal at work but over a 24 months contract that's hardly anything. Pity cos they used to do a 30% off monthly tariff deal but decided to stop it, bastards!

Orange claim to offer an unlimited data usage on their network but in reality it's 750MB per month, whereas o2 is something in the region of 8GB apparently.

Any advice on which to go for?

Okay, so iphone 3GS on Orange or O2?

I get about £75 of credit towards my bills on O2 through a deal at work but over a 24 months contract that's hardly anything. Pity cos they used to do a 30% off monthly tariff deal but decided to stop it, bastards!

Orange claim to offer an unlimited data usage on their network but in reality it's 750MB per month, whereas o2 is something in the region of 8GB apparently.

Any advice on which to go for?

o2.

Orange is the worst network around, can never get signal anywhere.

I've just purchased a nokia 5800 because the other half is driving me mad with complaints about her Samsung i900 and I found one cheap on ebay (she'll be going for an iphone in June on upgrade but I can't take the moaning until then).

I've just purchased a nokia 5800 because the other half is driving me mad with complaints about her Samsung i900 and I found one cheap on ebay (she'll be going for an iphone in June on upgrade but I can't take the moaning until then).

I absolutely dont believe that Lisa EVER moans :giggle::thumbup:

:rolleyes:

Sod off Dave, apple are the most evil bunch of ****ers around and are trying to destroy the global semiconductor supply chain http://www.eetimes.eu/research/221901349

Apple evil? Brilliant! I love evil. :devil:

Company places large order.

Company cancels large order.

Suppliers wibble like little girls because they didn't have the balls to include clauses in the contract. :D

Apple evil? Brilliant! I love evil. :devil:

Company places large order.

Company cancels large order.

Suppliers wibble like little girls because they didn't have the balls to include clauses in the contract. :D

Dell used to do this, Apple now do this, one of my major customers (and we all have to deal with them) does this, it causes crashes in the market and is basically totally anti social. I can't stand bullies at any time and Apple Corp is a bully. it's not about having the balls to turn them down.

So... the 2nd hand i900 i just picked up... isnt going to be my favourite toy?? :(