Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

So... the 2nd hand i900 i just picked up... isnt going to be my favourite toy?? :(

I personally want to take a sledgehammer to it, but Sir F has told me we can get good money for it.

• 3 weeks later...

my contract runs out in a couple of months and i was looking at buying an i phone but looking at the cost i think its too much to justify so ive been looking at the alernatives and the best ive found is the HTC HERO . its 3g and uses the android system which looks the same as the i phone applications i found a contract with t mobile for £20 a month.

i have a few questions:

has anybody else got this phone or one simillar

does anybody else use android and whats it like

allways been on orange so bit nervous about using t mobile are thay ok for coverage and service

my contract runs out in a couple of months and i was looking at buying an i phone but looking at the cost i think its too much to justify so ive been looking at the alernatives and the best ive found is the HTC HERO . its 3g and uses the android system which looks the same as the i phone applications i found a contract with t mobile for £20 a month.

i have a few questions:

has anybody else got this phone or one simillar

does anybody else use android and whats it like

allways been on orange so bit nervous about using t mobile are thay ok for coverage and service

I got rid of it after a month, was good apart from the fact it kept crashing/ freezeing but thats just my expereince.

oh and half the messages didnt come through either

I personally want to take a sledgehammer to it, but Sir F has told me we can get good money for it.

Had my i900 for about 2 weeks now and loving it, new windows mobile is very efficient (and im not a windows fan) and this phone has been just what im looking for... all that iphone offers.. but jussst a little bit better :)

Finally got my 3GS the other day, love it.

Went with Orange in the end since O2 were dicking me about like nobody's business, quite glad I did to be fair, great 3G coverage wherever I've been. Sad that i couldn't use the £75 discount on O2 but overall very pleased.

Now, where's that app thread............

Had my i900 for about 2 weeks now and loving it, new windows mobile is very efficient (and im not a windows fan) and this phone has been just what im looking for... all that iphone offers.. but jussst a little bit better :)

I'm glad you aren't having any problems. I am finding the Nokia 5800 much more responsive, and I really do hate Nokia phones. But I love the feel and look of my Omnia. :(

I'm growing increasingly jealous of my girlfriend's phone with QWERTY keyboard. My Samsung Tocco is truly shit for sending texts.

Stop sending texts. It solves all your problems.

• 2 weeks later...
just ordered the nokia 5800 on orange

800mins / unlimited texts and music downloads / 500mb internet useage for £30p/mth

one question - is the phone any good? :dunno:

Yes! I've had it for 6 months now and its a really good phone. Since I've been using it, 4 or 5 mates of mine have seen it and now got one. It does the stuff you expect from a phone and because you have the internet too its a dream. Orange has awesome coverage - I was on the train today and was still able to browse the web etc. Can't complain. The only thing which does take time to get used to is the touch screen when texting. But with a lot of choice on the keyboard layout and the stylus, you get used to it pretty quickly.

The Ovi store is pretty good and search on Google can getyou a lot more other apps. Mainly though, I use Google Maps (which acts as a Sat Nav too!), Facebook, Google Mail and I also browse the web with Opera Mini.

Good choice of phone and the contract isn't bad either. I get 450 mins XNetwork, Unlimited Landline calls, 500 texts, and the internet 500MB for £25 but I have been with Orange for just under 5 years now and was on Band 1 for a while!

The Omnia is absolute Wank. A great phone to look at... and it's Shiney.... The Positives stop after that. I've had numerous problems with memory, battery life, the screen freezing, crashing randomly, the touch screen is dire.. clicking links on the net is hopeless, you have to open a new tab every time you do. Stylus broke after a month and it won't update.

I've been through 3 Omnia's with recurring problems, the major of which has been the memory stating it's full when it's not. 8Gb standard + an extra 8Gb memory card, and it still thinks it's only got 90Mb to play with. Can't store any music on it what so ever without it spagging (there's no better word...), bluetooth struggles with simple pictures and any downloaded programs I have (endorsed by windows) hate the sodding thing.

Gah.. It's WANK.

Rant over :santa:, I wish you all the best, i've probably had bad luck with them. (also good luck explaining to other people what phone you have, no one.. ever.. has heard of the omnia... i've had to say "It's samsung's attempt and an iphone" for months now)

Yes! I've had it for 6 months now and its a really good phone. Since I've been using it, 4 or 5 mates of mine have seen it and now got one. It does the stuff you expect from a phone and because you have the internet too its a dream. Orange has awesome coverage - I was on the train today and was still able to browse the web etc. Can't complain. The only thing which does take time to get used to is the touch screen when texting. But with a lot of choice on the keyboard layout and the stylus, you get used to it pretty quickly.

The Ovi store is pretty good and search on Google can getyou a lot more other apps. Mainly though, I use Google Maps (which acts as a Sat Nav too!), Facebook, Google Mail and I also browse the web with Opera Mini.

Good choice of phone and the contract isn't bad either. I get 450 mins XNetwork, Unlimited Landline calls, 500 texts, and the internet 500MB for £25 but I have been with Orange for just under 5 years now and was on Band 1 for a while!

thanks mate,i shall look forward to receiving it,cheers

My contracts pissing me off, for the last 4 months I've been over by at least £15 each month due to o2 and there shitty iPhone contracts only having 500 texts a month unless you pay silly money.

Just wondered if anyone knows whether itd be worth ringing them and asking them for more texts. or is there no chance as its an iPhone?

My contracts pissing me off, for the last 4 months I've been over by at least £15 each month due to o2 and there shitty iPhone contracts only having 500 texts a month unless you pay silly money.

Just wondered if anyone knows whether itd be worth ringing them and asking them for more texts. or is there no chance as its an iPhone?

Mate of mine was unhappy with his contract, went into the shop in the Highcross (near Thorntons, Millie's Cookies etc etc), and as good as demanded more for his money. He's on a decent contract now.

Not sure about iPhones though, but it's worth a pop, nothing to lose.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Mate of mine was unhappy with his contract, went into the shop in the Highcross (near Thorntons, Millie's Cookies etc etc), and as good as demanded more for his money. He's on a decent contract now.

Not sure about iPhones though, but it's worth a pop, nothing to lose.

I might ring them up, althought from what I've heard unless youve been with them 25 years, they wont do anything to an iPhone contract.

I fucking hate o2.

Just got T-mobile to give me an Iphone 3GS even though they don't 'officially' offer them. They're claiming that their internet is much better than everyone elses too so should be a fairly tasty combo. Hopefully, anyway, since I'm on the contract for 2 years.