Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

HTC Hero is fugly.

Wrong.

large1.jpg

i thought it looked ok

Right. Its a very nice looking phone. Very nice.

I have the G1 (the Hero's predecessor), had it about 13 months now and its served me very well. Android is an excellent UI, the capabilities are endless. It has a great market, with a lot of excellent free apps, and the paid ones arent too expensive either.

My contracts due in May I think, and I will be going with o2 as I get 30% discount with them because of the company I work for, so it's looking like an IPhone, or a Blackberry. 5 months to decide. lol

Dont get an iPhone, my love affair with them is over.

I'm not being funny mate, but didnt you have a Blackberry aswel and ended up hating that? Maybe you should just get a 3310 or something?

Guest Mee-9
I'm considering getting myself an IPhone 3GS tomorrow...

There worth it mate, But the only downfall I have is the minutes/texts I get with my contract.

600Minutes/500Texts for £35 a month on 02. Really need to haggle a better deal.

There worth it mate, But the only downfall I have is the minutes/texts I get with my contract.

600Minutes/500Texts for £35 a month on 02. Really need to haggle a better deal.

That's the contract I'm looking at, that would suit me fine.

Just a quick question to see if I'm missing the obvious or not...

I've been with Vodafone for years, but am pissed off with paying as much as I do in a contract. I don't use squillions of minutes per month, negligible internet usage, but want unlimited texts. Problem is, I want to keep my number and HAVE to stick with Vodafone as it's the only provider that has any coverage inside my house. :/

I'm at the end of an 18 month contract. Yes, I could continue the contract with them but I'm also toying with the idea of having a SIM only deal. I'm not overly fussed about having a brand new phone every few months and figure with what I'd save going the SIM-only route, and the relatively cheap prices you can pick up decent phones for on eBay, it'd be a viable option.

Thing is, could I (cheekily) ask Vodafone to upgrade my phone so I get a new spangly one, then cancel my contract and go SIM only with them? I'm entitled to a phone upgrade, surely?

:unsure:

I've been with Vodafone for years, but am pissed off with paying as much as I do in a contract. I don't use squillions of minutes per month, negligible internet usage, but want unlimited texts. Problem is, I want to keep my number and HAVE to stick with Vodafone as it's the only provider that has any coverage inside my house. :/

I'm at the end of an 18 month contract. Yes, I could continue the contract with them but I'm also toying with the idea of having a SIM only deal. I'm not overly fussed about having a brand new phone every few months and figure with what I'd save going the SIM-only route, and the relatively cheap prices you can pick up decent phones for on eBay, it'd be a viable option.

Thing is, could I (cheekily) ask Vodafone to upgrade my phone so I get a new spangly one, then cancel my contract and go SIM only with them? I'm entitled to a phone upgrade, surely?

Think you can only get an upgrade if you sign up for another contract (12-18 months) if you cancelled it I think they could charge you for the phone? Could be wrong though. Why dont you just buy a half decent phone and get a SIM only contract? You can some decent phones for less than a ton these days?

If you want to upgrade your phone you have to renew your contract, and the only way you can get out of that contract, once you've agreed to it, is to pay out the remaining months. So that's not worth it, I don't think.

Worth a shot calling them up and acting as if you want to cancel your contract. They'll forward you to their customer retention centre who'll potentially offer you a quality deal.

Can I ask network & cost/minutes etc? So close to getting one but still have iphone in the back of my mind....

24 month contract, vodafone £41.99 a month (6.99 insurance online) for 600 mins, 3000 texts unlimited internet and phone was free. good deal, wonderful phone, so fast and user friendly! very clever!

24 month contract, vodafone £41.99 a month (6.99 insurance online) for 600 mins, 3000 texts unlimited internet and phone was free. good deal, wonderful phone, so fast and user friendly! very clever!

Thanks for that. I came very close to getting it on T mob for £35 p/m 700 minutes u/l texts & internet over 18 months, but have just seen that virgin do it for £25 p/m 500 texts & u/l texts & internet, but you have to pay £80 for the phone. Think I will plump for that. Without being a dick you seem to have paid a touch over the odds - if you're in your cooling off period maybe worth looking at - unless you have a need to be on vodafone? Just trying to be helpful...

Now that I think I'm sure I saw mentioned a couple of years ago that someone on here works for virgin media? If thats the case would some kind soul pm who as I want to see if its possible to get delivered to my work as I stay at a diff address from my bank acct during week and am too impatient to wait until Saturday. Cheers!

Thanks for that. I came very close to getting it on T mob for £35 p/m 700 minutes u/l texts & internet over 18 months, but have just seen that virgin do it for £25 p/m 500 texts & u/l texts & internet, but you have to pay £80 for the phone. Think I will plump for that. Without being a dick you seem to have paid a touch over the odds - if you're in your cooling off period maybe worth looking at - unless you have a need to be on vodafone? Just trying to be helpful...

Now that I think I'm sure I saw mentioned a couple of years ago that someone on here works for virgin media? If thats the case would some kind soul pm who as I want to see if its possible to get delivered to my work as I stay at a diff address from my bank acct during week and am too impatient to wait until Saturday. Cheers!

noooo....im just minted :whistle::whistle::giggle:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ordered a phone off of the 3 website on Sunday for a friend. The delivery date was meant to be Tuesday. It still hasn't been delivered.

In the details, they asked for the friend's home telephone number. They dont have a home telephone so I entered the parent's mobile instead. Is that okay or not?

I entered the postcode and had to pick an address from the list. The house number is 59A, but there was no 59Aon the list, just a 59. There are no 59B's... was I right picking the 59?

I put in the parents email address so that they would be the one receiving the confirmation e-mail. Apparently no email was sent, although i'm not sure whether they looked in all her folders..

If there is no confirmation e-mail does that make it completely impossible that the phone will be delivered? + am I being impatient in expecting the phone to be delivered when it says..? I don't usually buy online so I'm a little frustrated.

Anyone with experience of virgin as a mobile network? they have a good deal on the hd2 but not sure whether they are one of those companies that strictly enforce their usage policy, & whether their coverage is any good (this they use t mob?)?

Arrived at the weekend, the phone is lovely and I can waste hours adding bits to it, but am resistig until the bigger SD card is in.

Unfortunately Virgins 3G is piss poor in that they throttle the speed. Have tried to discuss with them, but unfortunately their CS is shite as well - calls dropped and no response to emails.

Virgin Mobile use T-Mobile's network because it's an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator). I work for Virgin Media and have heard nothing of throttling 3G connections (broadband yes, 3G no), and if it is being throttled then it could be to do with T-Mobile. You'll still have to go through VM CS for answers though!

• 2 weeks later...

my iphones very gay.

No apps work, I tap them they open then close instantly. I only have phone, messages, ipod, notes, safari, maps and camera still working and the whole phone will pack up occasionally.

It will only connect to itunes once every 20 odd times it is plugged in or once a week.

The battery is beyond shit, i've even taken to travelling with the laptop in the boot to charge it on full days out!

The camera is terrible, yes I'm only a 3G..

and a £75 bill last month hurt too.

Guest DavidJCW

I cannot WAIT for my current contract to run out... the phone I have at the moment is shit. Don't want my phone to hear me say that though... it'll hurt its feelings... poor thing. :giggle:

I'm on 3 but they don't have the phone I want which is the Nokia E72. So I may have to leave 3 and switch to Vodafone... I've not had any problems with 3 at all... but I want the Nokia E72.