Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Mobile Phone Thread

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't like the look of those buttons in the bottom corners, it's got fancy things I don't need

And yet her abnormally large thumb doesn't concern you. Odd. 

50 minutes ago, Daggers said:

And yet her abnormally large thumb doesn't concern you. Odd. 

I hit it with a hammer after I caught her trying to steal my collection of Stephen Mulhern figurines, that she looks so pleased with herself just adds insult to injury really

• 5 weeks later...

With all you modern folk getting super duper new phones.... does anyone have a Pixel 5/4a... or S10e that youd like to sell?

I need a small form factor as replacemt for daughter :)

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you have experience of using an esim?

I have EU roaming included in my plan but my next trip is outside of that. In the past I've just not connected to the local network and relied on WiFi. 

However, I'm away for 5 weeks and would like to know that my elderly parents can call in an emergency as they do not have Internet access. (Although I'm at sea for half the trip where you can't connect to any network so, none of the options may work). 

According to my provider, I think I can add O2 Travel on for £6 a day, triggered if I make a call but free to receive calls. Or there's a bolt on for data at £18 but you still pay the standard rate for calls. 

I read recently about an international esim. It primarily referred to data, which I'm not bothered about. Is there a calls and data option?

Has anyone used one?

21 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Do any of you have experience of using an esim?

I have EU roaming included in my plan but my next trip is outside of that. In the past I've just not connected to the local network and relied on WiFi. 

However, I'm away for 5 weeks and would like to know that my elderly parents can call in an emergency as they do not have Internet access. (Although I'm at sea for half the trip where you can't connect to any network so, none of the options may work). 

According to my provider, I think I can add O2 Travel on for £6 a day, triggered if I make a call but free to receive calls. Or there's a bolt on for data at £18 but you still pay the standard rate for calls. 

I read recently about an international esim. It primarily referred to data, which I'm not bothered about. Is there a calls and data option?

Has anyone used one?

Yeah I got them for the family when we went turkey and they were great. 

Just make sure your phone can actually take an esim as not all can. 

The ones I had were for data only service was fine we just used WhatsApp for calls and our UK SIM was still active too.

I went with a firm called Airalo but there's lots of options once you start looking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Samsung please for the love of God release one of these. It's literally all I've ever wanted in a phone. 

P. S. If you could charge less than the 2.5k these guys want, that would be a bonus. lol

Nice. Given that Samsung are charging the best part of £2k for the  new Z Fold, I think the chances are slim 😂 

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yeah I got them for the family when we went turkey and they were great. 

Just make sure your phone can actually take an esim as not all can. 

The ones I had were for data only service was fine we just used WhatsApp for calls and our UK SIM was still active too.

I went with a firm called Airalo but there's lots of options once you start looking.

Thanks. I've checked that the phone is compatible. 

The Airalo packages have some with calls, which is the only part I really need. But data might be useful when off the ship. 

I'm going to double check with O2 first that incoming calls are free, if I sign up to the O2 Travel plan. As the more I think about it, there are 20 days of absolutely no phone signal. The esim may not be worth it.