Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Basingstoke Fox

Xbox 360 Problem

I've been getting 2 red lights constantly for about a month now. It means that my console is overheating. I've moved my console three times to a more open area to try and allow as much air to get to it as possible so it wont overheat but it still is, it is getting to the point where I cant actually play a game for like 10 minutes now. I bought my console in October 2007 from GAME and I bought it with the insurance for 2 years. I thought that I would be able to just take it to GAME and see if they would have a look at it and if they couldn't fix it then they would give me a new console because it said something like that in the terms and conditions but I have been told that I will just have to send it to the xbox repair place in Germany or something. If I'm suppossed to do that, what the fook is the point in the insurance?

Anyone got any suggestions or been through something similar? :dunno: Any help would be great!

I've been getting 2 red lights constantly for about a month now. It means that my console is overheating. I've moved my console three times to a more open area to try and allow as much air to get to it as possible so it wont overheat but it still is, it is getting to the point where I cant actually play a game for like 10 minutes now. I bought my console in October 2007 from GAME and I bought it with the insurance for 2 years. I thought that I would be able to just take it to GAME and see if they would have a look at it and if they couldn't fix it then they would give me a new console because it said something like that in the terms and conditions but I have been told that I will just have to send it to the xbox repair place in Germany or something. If I'm suppossed to do that, what the fook is the point in the insurance?

Anyone got any suggestions or been through something similar? :dunno: Any help would be great!

doesnt matter mate, im not sure about 2 red lights but the red ring means your console is foobed, if you cant get game to replace then you have to go to xbox website and register your xbox for repair, they will send you soemthing to send it off in and then you wait. you may have to pay for repairs! i know it sucks, ine broke not long ago but i was able to go out and buy a new one, have a look on the back though at the issue date, if it was a model made before december 2005 then you can free repair i think.

sorry

belive me mate,

the customer service you will get from microsoft is appauling..

they once told me that a repair model was on it's way..

the day after they banned me from xbox live..

nobheads

I'm on my third one and they have been superb with me everytime..

belive me mate,

the customer service you will get from microsoft is appauling..

they once told me that a repair model was on it's way..

the day after they banned me from xbox live..

nobheads

I have nothing but praise for them, and you're the only person I know who has anything bad to say.

I have nothing but praise for them, and you're the only person I know who has anything bad to say.

I dont know anyone who has ever said a bad word against them either; it seems the only complaints my mates have is the fact they keep breaking!!

If I'm suppossed to do that, what the fook is the point in the insurance?

To get any costs back that M$ charge you for repairing an out of warrenty xbox :dunno:

Game would not be authorised to repair things. It has to be cost of repair insurance. Wheres TPH when you need him? On bloody holiday I bet

To get any costs back that M$ charge you for repairing an out of warrenty xbox :dunno:

Game would not be authorised to repair things. It has to be cost of repair insurance. Wheres TPH when you need him? On bloody holiday I bet

MS do everything for free as long as the console has been bought or has been repaired in the last three years.

To answer his question the point of having insurance would be to cover theft and accidental damage.

Send it off it will be back within 2 weeks.

Who is the insurance policy actually with? And who's the actual insurer?

You would speak to whoever actually insures the 360, advise them that yours has broken down and you want to claim. I would of thought they would say sort the bill out, pay it, get us an invoice to prove it and we'll indemnify you.

Technically since your contract of sale is with the shop, so they should replace it...but since its been so long they might not have to, i'm not sure. But if you put your xbox number into the repairs section on www.xbox.com they will tell you if its still under warranty. They've extended the warranties to 3 years for three red lights, but mine got two red lights and they still fixed it for free. All you have to do is print off the label, get a box and sort out the time for them to come and pick it up. They don't like you sending it in the xbox box because they think it'll get robbed by the delivery guys...mine took about a month to come back.

Cheers guys for all your help. I rung up the Allianz insurance thing because thats who the insurance was actually with. I just gave him my address, name and the rough date of when I bought it. They are sending a box for me to put the machine into and then I just send it off for free. I didn't really know what the insurance was for at the time to be honest. If they cant fix it I get a new Xbox :) . I may post what happens in the end on here in case anyone has a similar problem in the future.

Who is the insurance policy actually with? And who's the actual insurer?

You would speak to whoever actually insures the 360, advise them that yours has broken down and you want to claim. I would of thought they would say sort the bill out, pay it, get us an invoice to prove it and we'll indemnify you.

Cheers guys for all your help. I rung up the Allianz insurance thing because thats who the insurance was actually with. I just gave him my address, name and the rough date of when I bought it. They are sending a box for me to put the machine into and then I just send it off for free. I didn't really know what the insurance was for at the time to be honest. If they cant fix it I get a new Xbox :) . I may post what happens in the end on here in case anyone has a similar problem in the future.

;)

Archived