Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

4th Favourites to Win The Championship

If Hull go, I don't think they'll even make the play offs. All the good players like Geovanni will be gone, and the rest will get picked over like a fresh carcus. Plus, Phil Brown has obviously lost it, and the idea of coming to play for a team that is on such a massive downward spiral can't be appealing. I reckon they'd finish about 8th.

TBF i've just checked Skybet and there are only 5 teams up there so far.

WBA - 6/1

Ipswich - 10/1

Reading - 12/1

Leicester - 18/1

Peterborough - 20/1

So we may be further down the full list whenever that comes out (When Promotion and Relegation has been decided I guess). At 18/1 I don't think we will be 4th favourites.

Not that surprising really. With 3 to come down and play offs undecided, it really makes us 8th favourites, which is pretty much where i'd expect to be; just outside play-offs. Can't see us getting anywhere near winning it though. WBA stand out for me, plus boro with their youngsters

their probs doing it to must clubs like us or worse even becuase it gets bets in and obviously most will be wrong but people will want those odds and bet on it....then they suddenly realise what thyey have done lol:giggle:

I'd take that Peterborough one at each way. Doncaster, Brizzle City and Swansea will all testify from recent seasons that momentum is a great thing to have. They add one or two, get a good start and - most importantly - keep the wife-beater as manager and they could be a dark horse.

Matt's right, we might be 18/1 but that's never a fourth favourite price. It's usually 7-2, 4-1, 9-2 and so on for the favourites slots, 18s would be around 10th or 12th favourite same as a Palace, Watford or Wednesday. But again, 18/1 at each way would be a decent punt, if you've got a spare bob or two. If we win the opener that price would plummet anyway, you'll never see it's like again.

Putting a tenner on it whatever the odds, just so I can feel slightly better if it happens, might do it every season from now on :)

Relegation funded my League One season ticket.

We sure as hell won't be fourth favourites by the time the relegation and play-off issues are sorted. Whoever loses the play-offs will be higher in the betting than us, as will Newcastle and Boro if they both come down. Hull and West Brom may be above us as well, though it depends on who they manage to keep in their squads. Absolutely pointless betting on the Championship now at any rate, I won't be parting with a penny of my hard-earned until July at the earliest with my traditional Lucky 15 on the top four divisions. Nevertheless, if we make good signings and have a decent pre-season, I may be tempted to have a little each-way punt on us to win the division. 18/1 at a quarter of the odds means 9/2 to finish in the top three. Make the right signings, have a good start to the season and that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

I must admit if P'boro 20/1 :crylaugh:

I know they beat us last season but its a whole different ball game in the championship, anyone can beat anyone.

Has anyone ever even come close to achieving three consecutive promotions? Not a hope in hell, mid-table at best for Posh next season.

I've been telling them for the past 4 weeks. I've already got 2 bets that we will finish above them. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that those shower of cunts will finish below us.

Cov are going to struggle next season. Not much money in the club and if their collapse in form continues with a poor start to next season, they'll be nearer worst than first. We'll finish way ahead of them.

Has anyone ever even come close to achieving three consecutive promotions? Not a hope in hell, mid-table at best for Posh next season.

Did Man City not? Or was the just 2?

Did they drop to Division 3/League 2? :dunno:

Cov are going to struggle next season. Not much money in the club and if their collapse in form continues with a poor start to next season, they'll be nearer worst than first. We'll finish way ahead of them.

They'll be in the bottom six, maybe even bottom three (although if Scunny are promoted they might be slightly relieved).

Interesting to note that neither Derby nor Forest seem to feature in the market for promotion. :o

I'm as optimistic as anyone but City will do well to finish in the top third this season. In fact it might even be best that the club don't finish higher.

It takes time to build a base to survive in The Premiership should we ever get there. Pearon might prove something of a genius and make it in one but, given the likely competition, I'll be surprised.

I'll be satisfied to see a solid platform built this season so that, should be develop from there the following year, we will perhaps have the groundwork laid for survival at the top level.

Ferguson sets the example. He has the ability not only to deal with the present but to look ahead and plan for the future as well.

With him it has never been all about money but about mixing the spending of money with the application of principles and development from within. He builds on rock and that is what we need to do. Pearson has made a solid start but, without a competitive reserves team, I'm concerned we won't have the infrastructure to build properly.

Manchester United have a reserves team for a reason. And with someone like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in charge it is obvious they take the team and its function seriously, as the emergence of Fabio & Rafael De Silva, Danny Welbeck, Darron Gibson and Jonny Evans has demonstrated this season.

Did Man City not? Or was the just 2?

Did they drop to Division 3/League 2? :dunno:

They went down to League 1, then known as Division 2. They did do back-to-back promotions but I'm pretty sure that three consecutive promotions is unprecedented in the Football League.

i am sure back in the late 60's or early 70's northampton town managed to go from the fourth division straight up to division one & then went straight back down from where they came from sorry dont know the proper dates

as for city being fourth favourites now is a joke at this time of the year i will be happy just to see compete well in this league & perhaps at the end make the play offs & as long as we finish above cov i will be happy

i am sure back in the late 60's or early 70's northampton town managed to go from the fourth division straight up to division one & then went straight back down from where they came from sorry dont know the proper dates

Someone's been reading wikipedia

From the 1930s to the 1950s Northampton Town had attempted to rise from the regional Third Division South, but were promoted only twice and were immediately relegated. They played their only season of their existence in the top division of English football when they reached the First Division in 1965-66. Northampton had been promoted from the Fourth Division to the First Division in successive seasons but were then relegated back to the Fourth Division, also in successive seasons.

Archived